RD 4, Pick 139: QB Cardale Jones, Ohio State

When? From my account he was 3rd string guy after Barrett and the converted QB/WR, drawing a blank on name.

He started games in 2015 and was replaced by Barrett. He's just very raw. Would have liked for them to take a more proven guy earlier on, especially round 3 where there were a few guys. I would love to be proven wrong but history is not on his side.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When? From my account he was 3rd string guy after Barrett and the converted QB/WR, drawing a blank on name.

He started games in 2015 and was replaced by Barrett. He's just very raw. Would have liked for them to take a more proven guy earlier on, especially round 3 where there were a few guys. I would love to be proven wrong but history is not on his side.

He played cleanup in 2014 when they were way ahead and came in halfway through the Michigan game when Barrett broke his ankle. That was a close game when he came in, cold off the bench, biggest game of the year, and he won it. He also played in 2013. He was backup to Guiton when Miller was hurt for 3 games. Played cleanup.

If you want to know learn the whole story on why he was "benched" it has been written many times during the draft process. It is far from simple.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Do you think a guy who won the Big 10 championship game, a playoff game against Alabama and the BCS National Championship is more raw than a guy who played two seasons of 1-AA ball? Edited by mannc

Do you think a guy who won the Big 10 championship game, a playoff game against Alabama and the BCS National Championship is more raw than a guy who played two seasons of 1-AA ball?

Well, Whaley did say he was a blank canvas. That sounds like raw. Or maybe it is more like a bag of flour and unbroken eggs on the counter—not even dough yet. B-)

Hate this pick

Hating this draft more and more

Last two picks offer little to no help this year.

Ragland better start and play well or Whaley is gone

Right...because rotational defensive tackles never get on the field...except like all the Damn time including times when you want the starters in there like when you want a stop at the end of the game.

Who do you pick in round 4 that you pencil in as a day 1 starter?

Well, Whaley did say he was a blank canvas. That sounds like raw. Or maybe it is more like a bag of flour and unbroken eggs on the counternot even dough yet. B-)

I agree that Cardale is pretty raw, but he has also proven himself at the highest level of college football, on the biggest stage. The Eagles mortgaged their future for a guy with zero experience playing against NFL caliber athletes. Wentz has probably never played in front of more 30,000 people. Edited by mannc

Charles Davis on NFL Network just compared him to John Skelton. That should make some of you happy.

Until Miami finally pulls off the coveted Mario-for-Skelton trade Rogue Dogue Whaley couldn't find with both hands and a flashlight.

It seems when the Bills evaluate QB's they look at physical size and pretty much nothing else.

not arm strength, running ability, deep ball ability, potential development, leadership qualities, coachability, character.... you can't be serious.

On ESPN after the pick Wingo said, and I quote (replayed like 5 times to make sure I heard it right) "Just to explain, Louis, just how raw this guy is, it wasn't until after he finished his career at Ohio State that he started to realize 'Oh, you're supposed to throw the football by holding the Laces!' I mean he never, he just caught it and however it was just threw it"

WTF. There's absolutely no way that can be true.