Jamarcus Russell says he will play for free for 2nd chance

LOL

Stupid, he knows that league rule states he has to be paid vet minimum

CBF

that said, he can sign a zero bonus, no guarantees contract at vet minimum.

Im not advocating it, but from a team standpoint that is essentially free as all 53 spots are going to cost that or more (on the near impossible chance he makes it).

He was young and dumb when he came into the league. He made a lot of mistakes and was justifiably labeled as lazy.

I believe he has been humbled as he says, he's saying he would play for free for the chance. I hope he catches on somewhere and becomes a good story of perseverance. Everyone deserves a second chance....just stay away from that purple drank!

I think the only way it happens is if a team wants to do a favor for his agent in order to get another one of his clients signed. For example I don't know who his agent is but if it's, say, the same as Gilmore or Glenn's agent and they need something to just push it over the finish line maybe they bring him in as a 4th camp arm and if he looks good enough maybe he gets a chance somewhere down the line. Not likely of course but it's the only scenario I could see.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I feel like he worked his butt off last year (maybe two seasons ago?) and no one gave him a chance then. Now he's a year (or two) older. I don't think he's getting his chance.

I think he got a few workouts IIRC.

He's a long shot at best. I'd love to see it because I love a good comeback story, but I doubt it happens

I feel like he worked his butt off last year (maybe two seasons ago?) and no one gave him a chance then. Now he's a year (or two) older. I don't think he's getting his chance.

his last comeback he weighed something like 310 lbs. when he was saying he deserved a shot. if he isnt 265 lbs, i wouldnt even invite him to throw for me at this point.