Bandit's Annual Mock

Per Drafttek trade chart 19th pick is worth Denver's 31st and 63rd picks.

31st Jarran Reed DT Alabama

49th Von Bell SS Ohio ST

63rd Kamalei Correa OLB

80th Cyrus Jones CB Alabama

117th Charone Peake WR Clemson

139th Kevin Hogan QB Stanford

156th Antonio Morrison ILB Florida

192nd Aziz Shittu DE Stanford

I really like Kamalei Correa......would consider him in the 2nd

Butler did visit, though I don't think they're married to the philosophy of having to meet with a guy.

Also, I don't have Rankins ahead of Butler for multiple-front teams. Butler, for me, ranks way ahead of Reed on all of my boards, but that's JMO.

Thanks for the comments!

You and I tend to think alike draft-wise.

I didn't say Butler didn't visit. All I said is that the Bills (as to most other teams) have him as second round value and not first. He sits right in between their two picks which to me makes it highly unlikely that they would just trade down to 31 and then pray that he's still there. At the end of the day, I didn't see any more than anyone else in terms of game film and ultimately try to guess what the team is doing based on facts. With Butler slotting out between 25-35 where as you have Rankins 10-20 and Reed 15-25, I just don't see the Bills passing on either of the latter two.

I guess what I'm trying to get to here is that if your mock had Reed and Rankins both gone and the Bills were set on DT, then the trade down would make more sense. So with 8 of their 22 visits so far slotting pretty close to the 19th pick and another 6 slotting pretty close to the 49th pick and Butler being the only tweener/outlier, it doesn't seem to me that the Bills are thinking trade. Either of us could clearly be wrong, but I'm going with history.

49th Von Bell SS Ohio ST

63rd Kamalei Correa OLB

I'm going to get flamed for this, but I have Jarran Reed falling all the way to 46 (Detroit) right now. Just can't find a way to get him ahead of guys like Ogbah, Nkemdiche, and Billings.

I really like Kamalei Correa......would consider him in the 2nd

You might have to move up for him--there are teams that have him graded as a 1st rounder.

I didn't say Butler didn't visit. All I said is that the Bills (as to most other teams) have him as second round value and not first. He sits right in between their two picks which to me makes it highly unlikely that they would just trade down to 31 and then pray that he's still there. At the end of the day, I didn't see any more than anyone else in terms of game film and ultimately try to guess what the team is doing based on facts. With Butler slotting out between 25-35 where as you have Rankins 10-20 and Reed 15-25, I just don't see the Bills passing on either of the latter two.

I guess what I'm trying to get to here is that if your mock had Reed and Rankins both gone and the Bills were set on DT, then the trade down would make more sense. So with 8 of their 22 visits so far slotting pretty close to the 19th pick and another 6 slotting pretty close to the 49th pick and Butler being the only tweener/outlier, it doesn't seem to me that the Bills are thinking trade. Either of us could clearly be wrong, but I'm going with history.

I'm not following your logic. If 8 of their visits are available at 19, and they're moving down to 31, should they expect to see all 8 of them (or even 6 of 8) be picked in the next 12 picks? That seems like a stretch; thus it makes sense to move down IMO.

Also, I think you're making a pretty big leap in assuming that Rankins/Reed are far ahead of Butler on their board. At least I don't know that to be true--you may, it would hardly be the first time someone on here had insights into their draft plans.

Regardless, it's all going to be moot as soon as the first "wow" pick hits the board...and it will...because teams do funny things.

Nice job Mr. P. I got Jerry taking Elliot though, Bosa would just make too much sense for him.

Thanks--Dallas has been so much less fun since Jerry gave over to McClay on the personnel front. Now, when McClay gets offered a full GM job from another team with all the perks...well...

49th Von Bell SS Ohio ST

63rd Kamalei Correa OLB

Not real big on Reed or Correa, but if we can swap in Butler and... not sure the LB available, I'd be pretty happy with the players and value in that draft. :thumbsup:

I don't have either Cravens or Bell making it to 49. I think there's a small chance of Correa getting there, and he'd be my ideal pick at that point.

To go from 63 to, say, 43, you're talking about having to give up a 3rd round pick--a 4th round pick will help you jump about 7 spots in the 2nd round.

If Correa doesn't get to 49, I think you take a long look at Tyler Boyd (if you want to go offense), or you could go with a Kyler Fackrell type if he suits your fancy. I'd be plenty willing to move from 49 to 42 using a 4th round pick if it means getting Correa. I think if you choose to go in another direction at 49, you might look to Shilique Calhoun at 63 under my scenario.

Thanks for the breakdown!

Im not big on Correa. I know its a stupid bias, but I cant get on board with any player from Boise St. With all the LBs in this draft, Id be pretty disappointed if he was the one we ended up with. Would take a long look at DB there if that's my choice.

I think that there would be a reasonable chance that you could get both if that's what you wanted. If the Bills walked out of the 1st 2 rounds with something like Butler, Michael Thomas and Cravens I would be thrilled.

Here is the draft value chart: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

Butler, Thomas, Craves through the 2nd round would be a great start! :thumbsup:

So it's:

#19, #49 vs. #31, #49, #63

Hrrmm... :ph34r:

Well, if nothing else, it would allow us to feel a little bit what it's like to be a Super Bowl winner.

I have to say, impressive and well thought out. Your logic makes sense. I hate waiting until 32 to pick, but I think this draft is deep enough where it works.

I definitely agree on Lynch and Cook going in the first round to teams trying to trade back into the first round. Denver makes a ton of sense here.

I'm not following your logic. If 8 of their visits are available at 19, and they're moving down to 31, should they expect to see all 8 of them (or even 6 of 8) be picked in the next 12 picks? That seems like a stretch; thus it makes sense to move down IMO.

You're not following my logic. 8 of their visits from a draft board perspective are slotted right around their pick at #19. Looking at average position, why would they visit with guys going #12, #14, #15, #16, #18, #19, #20, and #23 if their master plan is to trade down from #19 to #31? That's essentially 8 wasted visits out of the 30 that they're allowed. Why do that? It's the equivalent of staying at the #19 pick and adding Goff, Wentz, and Tunsil to your visit list. It's folly and doesn't follow logic at all. I guess I'm trying to read the tea leaves here.

You're not following my logic. 8 of their visits from a draft board perspective are slotted right around their pick at #19. Looking at average position, why would they visit with guys going #12, #14, #15, #16, #18, #19, #20, and #23 if their master plan is to trade down from #19 to #31? That's essentially 8 wasted visits out of the 30 that they're allowed. Why do that? It's the equivalent of staying at the #19 pick and adding Goff, Wentz, and Tunsil to your visit list. It's folly and doesn't follow logic at all. I guess I'm trying to read the tea leaves here.

Well, in general, you're bringing guys in to visit that you didn't get to spend as much time with as you'd like during Senior Bowl week, the combine, pro days, etc.

Also, I don't think it's their "master plan" to trade down...I think that if they're presented with an opportunity to add a top-65 pick by moving down, and still get someone that they feel can be an impact player, they'll take the opportunity.

Also, I don't think it makes sense to look at visits as wasted vs. not. There's a method to bringing guys in that's more than "who do we want to draft". You have to factor in all kinds of things like getting information from them about a teammate, evaluating guys that fit the mold for teams in your division to get advanced scouting on them, etc.

Well, in general, you're bringing guys in to visit that you didn't get to spend as much time with as you'd like during Senior Bowl week, the combine, pro days, etc.

Also, I don't think it's their "master plan" to trade down...I think that if they're presented with an opportunity to add a top-65 pick by moving down, and still get someone that they feel can be an impact player, they'll take the opportunity.

Also, I don't think it makes sense to look at visits as wasted vs. not. There's a method to bringing guys in that's more than "who do we want to draft". You have to factor in all kinds of things like getting information from them about a teammate, evaluating guys that fit the mold for teams in your division to get advanced scouting on them, etc.

Except as I said, and which you have ignored, every first draft pick for the Bills in the last 10 years has been a visit. So you prescribing it to be "limited value", or whatever it is you're actually saying, doesn't fit with reality. Last year, their visits were all over the board in terms of draft position versus their picks. Clearly, they were considering potentially moving around if the opportunity presented itself. Half of the visits they're allowed this year are clumped around their first two picks. Getting an extra pick at #65 doesn't seem to mean anything to me based on what they're actually doing. If a trade down had the value that you're suggesting that it had, I would expect more visits than just ONE guy that is slotted around where they would pick if they traded. Not very smart front office thinking if that's the reality.

I have Bell going 41 to Chicago right now...Cravens I just can't place. He strikes me as a TB-type, so that's a possibility, but I also think he could end up in Oakland at 44.

2nd round is so tough to predict, because that's when all kinds of trades start to go down.

Where do you have Deion Jones going Bandit? If we picked up the extra 2nd might be an option at that #63 pick?

Edited by GunnerBill

Except as I said, and which you have ignored, every first draft pick for the Bills in the last 10 years has been a visit. So you prescribing it to be "limited value", or whatever it is you're actually saying, doesn't fit with reality. Last year, their visits were all over the board in terms of draft position versus their picks. Clearly, they were considering potentially moving around if the opportunity presented itself. Half of the visits they're allowed this year are clumped around their first two picks. Getting an extra pick at #65 doesn't seem to mean anything to me based on what they're actually doing. If a trade down had the value that you're suggesting that it had, I would expect more visits than just ONE guy that is slotted around where they would pick if they traded. Not very smart front office thinking if that's the reality.

Actually, I've addressed your point on more than one occasion; I don't think that they're married to the idea of having to visit with a player before they pick him.

Yes, they've done it every year since 2010 (except last year from what I can tell--Darby didn't visit).

Yes, I recognize that you're insistent that they'll do it again this year.

I, on the other hand, don't think it's a given.

In actuality, you seem to be missing my point. I've said multiple times that I don't think they're planning a trade down, but rather will take the opportunity to do so when presented with an offer such as the one outlined herein. It seems to be your opinion that years of scouting and compiling a draft board succumb to the insights gained in a pre-draft visit, such that a player that they've scouted, graded, and stacked on their board won't make the cut if he didn't come to One Bills Drive.

If that's your opinion, that's fine. I disagree. Doug Whaley himself said that they prepare for all possibilities on draft day--I'll assume that trading out of the 19 slot is one of them.

I'm happy to talk as much draft as you'd like, but at this point it feels like I'm having to do too much to defend a pretty-well-thought-through opinion, so I'll probably let this particular issue die out.

Where do you have Deion Jones going Bandit? If we picked up the extra 2nd might be an option at that #63 pick?

If he were there I'd jump, but I have him going to TB in round 2 (Cravens to Oakland) Edited by thebandit27

If he were there I'd jump, but I have him going to TB in round 2 (Cravens to Oakland)

Ah darn. I thought I might have him graded a little higher than the consensus. I have him top half of the 2nd, but thought he might be available a bit later.

This is year 3 of me trying to grade players and mock drafts..... I counted on Sunday I have watched and graded 89 players this year which is the most I've ever done, but not enough to give me total confidence I have seen everyone who might make it into round 2. I might try to watch enough for a full two round mock next year.

Ah darn. I thought I might have him graded a little higher than the consensus. I have him top half of the 2nd, but thought he might be available a bit later.

This is year 3 of me trying to grade players and mock drafts..... I counted on Sunday I have watched and graded 89 players this year which is the most I've ever done, but not enough to give me total confidence I have seen everyone who might make it into round 2. I might try to watch enough for a full two round mock next year.

Gunner, anyone that you like for the Bills that isn't talked a lot about here?

The only relatively unheralded guy I like a lot from what I have seen is the tackle from Stanford, Murphy. I see a lot of people talking about him as a 4th or 5th rounder... if we did the trade back thing that Bandit suggests I would not be against him with the Broncos 2nd round pick that is in line with the grade I gave him (aware that most people would call that a reach).

I am also a fan of the two recievers Bandit has talked up on here previously as day 3 guys. Particularly Robby Anderson from Temple.

There are a few more that have been talked about I don't like. I am not a Cravens fan for example. For me he is entirely a product of the Buchanon kid in Arizona. I honestly think you go back 3 or 4 years people would be saying "safety - linebacker tweener, worth a shot in the 4th" and because of the success of Buchanon as a similar type he has been pushed up. I think he is worse than average as a cover guy. I don't have a first round grade on Kevin Dodd and I don't think that many teams will have although a lot of people think I am miles out on that.

I haven't quite got deep enough to discover a load of hidden gems. Bandit and Blokestradamus are your guys for that. I am a relative novice in comparison.

The only relatively unheralded guy I like a lot from what I have seen is the tackle from Stanford, Murphy. I see a lot of people talking about him as a 4th or 5th rounder... if we did the trade back thing that Bandit suggests I would not be against him with the Broncos 2nd round pick that is in line with the grade I gave him (aware that most people would call that a reach).

I am also a fan of the two recievers Bandit has talked up on here previously as day 3 guys. Particularly Robby Anderson from Temple.

There are a few more that have been talked about I don't like. I am not a Cravens fan for example. For me he is entirely a product of the Buchanon kid in Arizona. I honestly think you go back 3 or 4 years people would be saying "safety - linebacker tweener, worth a shot in the 4th" and because of the success of Buchanon as a similar type he has been pushed up. I think he is worse than average as a cover guy. I don't have a first round grade on Kevin Dodd and I don't think that many teams will have although a lot of people think I am miles out on that.

I haven't quite got deep enough to discover a load of hidden gems. Bandit and Blokestradamus are your guys for that. I am a relative novice in comparison.

Thanks!! I always enjoy what you have to say.

I follow what those guys have to say (especially this time of year). Bandit is always on top of stuff. He's as good of a poster as we have on this site.

Bloke has really brought it with the scouting. His opinions are well thought out and he knows a great deal about the prospects all the way through the draft.

Gunner is right on with Murphy IMO; I gave him a 3rd Round grade.

Very athletic with excellent pad level. Needs to add strength and improve his footwork, but there's a starting tackle in there.

Yea if he can add some bulk and power I think he could be not just serviceable but really good. I actually noticed him watching Hogan and when I went and looked a bit deeper I was hugely impressed.

49th Von Bell SS Ohio ST

63rd Kamalei Correa OLB

That's a mighty fine Bills mock right there.

Love the trade down, Bandit!!!

Nice work, but for the Bills, there's definitely some missing logic based on the pre-draft visitors. I'm not saying that it's a lock, but the Bills first draft pick for the last 10 years in a row have been visitors to the team. To boot, Buffalo has visited 8 guys that grade out around top-20 picks, of which you only have 4 of those guys going in advance of the Bills pick at #19.

You're 100% correct...Thing is the Bills are now well aware of the fact that everybody knows this trend...That's why they stopped announcing visits...And a full year later I would not be at all surprised if they find other ways to do their due diligence, and are now looking to be a little more covert...It's just a guess on my part... B-)

Great mock for its decided lack of WTF. You know, when the Bills make the first round pick, and the first words out of your mouth are, WHAT THE F%^&?

2003 - McGahee, WHAT THE F$%^?

2006 - Whitner, WHAT THE F!@#?

2008 - Boomhauer, WHAT THE F@#$?

2009 - Maybin, WHAT THE F#$%?

2010 - Spiller, WHAT THE F%^&?

2013 - EJ, WHAT THE F^&*?

2014 - Sammy, WHAT THE F&*(? (More because of the trade up and loss of 2015 1st round pick)

Here's to no more WTF picks in the future.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

My latest guess/hope:

Per Drafttek trade chart 19th pick is worth Denver's 31st and 63rd picks. (sounds good as long as the Jets don't land Lynch)

31st Jarran Reed, DT or Ragland LB
49th Cardale Jones, QB or C. Cook
63rd Kamalei Correa, OLB (would be a steal at this point)
80th Aguayo, K (did we even interview this player to check his head?)
117th Best available DE or Edge
139th Best available LB or DL
156th Antonio Morrison ILB Florida (can never have enough LBs)
192nd Aziz Shittu DE Stanford (I'll take your word for it)

Undrafted - 8 WRs (all over 6'3"), 2 or 3 TEs & about 5 offensive linemen including Centers.

As many of you know, I do one mock draft every year…and if you would stop feeding my ego, you’d stop having to see them ;)

First, a few disclaimers: below represents what I think will happen on Thursday, not necessarily what I would do with any team’s pick. Also, I’m not great at predicting these things; I typically hover around 75% accuracy with regard to identifying the players that will be picked in round 1, and around 25% accuracy with regard to which players end up on which teams.

As always, I welcome any comments—try to be nice.

1. Los Angeles Rams (f/ Ten): Jared Goff-QB/California

In what appears to be Jeff Fisher’s last shot at salvaging his job, the Rams gave up the farm to move 14 spots and grab the draft’s most pro-ready QB. I’ve said all along that Goff is a Matt Ryan-type; cool demeanor, accurate arm, quick release, smart. If he’s able to wrest the starting job from the clutches of the venerable Case Keenum, Goff could provide an immediate boost to a passing game that ranked dead last in the NFL in 2015.

2. Philadelphia Eagles (f/ Cle): Carson Wentz-QB/North Dakota State

There aren’t many teams willing to trade a boatload of picks to move up to #2 for a QB in the same offseason that they mete out $30M in guaranteed money to veteran QBs. New HC Doug Pederson and Howie Roseman must feel really good about Wentz—the big-armed FCS Phenom. The physical tools are all there, but the worrisome part with Wentz will be his transition to the speed of the NFL game. He was never a quick-release guy in college, and his processing speed will be critical to his development. Luckily, he’s got some time to sit and learn (assuming Sam Bradford stops brooding long enough to accept the oh-so-offensive $18M payday he’s got coming).

3. San Diego Chargers: Jalen Ramsey-S/Florida State

Some teams have Ramsey slated as a corner, but I like him better as a safety, where he’ll have more freedom to roam and use his ball skills. With veterans like Patrick Robinson and Jason Verrett in the fold at corner, Ramsey can play FS, walk down to slot corner in nickel sets, and match against the Travis Kelce’s of the league. That type of versatility should go a long way in improving a pass defense that ranked 29th in the NFL in YPA allowed last season.

4. Dallas Cowboys: Joey Bosa-DL/Ohio State

I think this is a pick that the entire top-10 can turn on—with Laremy Tunsil still on the board, you could see a team like Tennessee, Chicago, or Indianapolis make a move. There’s also the persistent rumor that the Cowboys love Ezekiel Elliott, so that’s a possibility as well. For me, with the loss of their top 2 pass rushers from 2015 (Greg Hardy to FA and Demarcus Lawrence to suspension), plus the suspension of 2015 2nd round pick Randy Gregory, they’re practically forced into making an addition along their defensive front early. Bosa is a plus athlete with tremendous technique and tenacity that has the ability to play in multiple fronts.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Myles Jack-LB/UCLA

When you start hearing conflicting information about a player’s injury scaring teams away, it may give you pause…unless you’re a skeptic like I am. Sounds like somebody wants Jack to drop, but I don’t see it happening. Sorry, but 233-lb guys with 33.5” arms that can cover slot WRs and possess the ability to jolt a pulling lineman upright in his place don’t grow on trees. A defense that saw a little bit of light with contributors like Sen’Derrick Marks and Telvin Smith gets beefed up with Malik Jackson, Tashaun Gipson, Jack, and 2015 1st rounder Dante Fowler (who missed all of his rookie season with a knee injury)…Gus Bradley has no more excuses this year.

6. Baltimore Ravens: Laremy Tunsil-OT/Ole Miss

From 1st overall to out of the top 5 in less than 2 weeks, and through no fault of his own, Tunsil will be one motivated dude come September. Baltimore doesn’t really need a LT, but Ozzie Newsome won’t pass on one with franchise potential when he falls in his lap. With Eugene Monroe already in the fold, the Ravens can afford to start Tunsil out on the right side, with Ricky Wagner moving to the swing role. Adding the draft’s top OL talent should lessen the blow of losing All Pro LG Kelechi Osemele in FA.

7. San Francisco 49ers: DeForest Bucker-DL/Oregon

Now this is a bad football team. While they’d like to add a potential franchise QB (who wouldn’t?), they need everything. The pass rush ranked 29th in the NFL, and they allowed 8.0 YPA to opposing QBs in 2015, which placed 30th. Buckner is a physical freak: 6’7”, 290 lbs, with 34.5” arms and 11-3/4” hands! He’s similar to former Oregon teammate Arik Armstead, who the ‘niners picked 15th overall last year, but he’s a more natural pass rusher.

**TRADE**

8. Miami Dolphins (f/ Mia via Cle and Phi): Ezekiel Elliott-RB/Ohio State

Miami makes a move to get their original pick back, and the Browns do what they do: pass up elite-level playmakers to get more bites at the apple. With Zeke still on the board after the top 7, HC Adam Gase sees the opportunity to pad his offense with a game-breaking back. Elliott’s size, burst, and balance make him a threat to break big runs every time he touches the ball, and will relieve a significant amount of pressure from QB Ryan Tannehill and the Dolphins’ dink-and-dunk passing game.

**TRADE**

9. Tennessee Titans (f/ TB): Ronnie Stanley-OT/Notre Dame

What a deal for the Titans! They get to keep all but one of the 2nd-round picks they gained in the trade-down from No. 1, and they get the OT they coveted from the start. Stanley is a rock of a LT; effective in the run game and capable of brilliance in pass protection. This move allows Tennessee to move Taylor Lewan over to RT and Jeremiah Poutasi to guard, which will hopefully improve a unit that allowed an NFL-worst 54 sacks in 2015.

10. New York Giants: Vernon Hargreaves-CB/Florida

After missing out on both Elliott and Stanley, and spending bajillions of FA dollars on the defense, the Giants could turn their attention to another tackle like Taylor Decker or Jack Conklin, but the opportunity to have their pick of the litter from the class of corners is too good to pass up. Hargreaves is a terrific athlete with an aggressive mentality and elite-level man coverage skills. His short arms and small hands may give him fits against some of the NFC East’s bigger WRs (Dez Bryant and Jordan Matthews), but he’s a perfect fit as a slot corner for a team that already has Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Janoris Jenkins, and faced 39.9 passing attempts per game in 2015 (4th-most in the NFL).

11. Chicago Bears: Leonard Floyd-EDGE/Georgia

The Bears actually had a decent trio of pass rushers in 2015, with LaMarr Houston/Pernell McPhee/Willie Young combining for 19 sacks. What they lack is a consistent force along their front-3. Houston is severely miscast as a stand-up defender, and would be a much better fit as a 5-tech in John Fox’s defense. Floyd is an incredible athlete that’s smooth and fluid with great length. He can set the edge in the run game and provide pass rush as a rookie. He’ll need to add a fair amount of bulk to his frame and requires quite a bit of refinement before he’s ready to be an every-down player, but the all-pro potential will be too much for a heady coach like Fox to pass on at this pick.

12. New Orleans Saints: Shaq Lawson-DL/Clemson

What does the number 116.2 mean to you? If you’re a Saints’ fan, then it means tears of pain, as that’s the total passer rating their defense allowed to opposing QBs last year. That’s nothing short of atrocious. This defense needs another consistent pass-rush threat along the front to complement Cameron Jordan, and Lawson is a perfect fit. He can line up anywhere from 9-tech all the way inside to 3-tech, and can play as a stand-up rusher and drop into space. He makes disguising pressure packages much easier, and will allow their versatile young LB duo of Stephone Anthony and Hau’oli Kikaha to have more space to make plays.

13. Cleveland Browns (f/Mia): Darron Lee-LB/Ohio State

Finally, the Browns make a pick; I gave serious thought to having them trade down again, but at some point, they have to start selecting players. In addition to playing right in their backyard, Lee is a versatile ‘backer with incredible timed speed and athleticism. He’s played as an EDGE defender and offers some pass rush ability, but he can also drop in space and mirror against backs and TEs. For a team that released Karlos Dansby and currently has Tank Carder atop its depth chart at the Will spot, Lee would be a welcomed addition.

14. Oakland Raiders: A’Shawn Robinson-DL/Alabama

GM Reggie McKenzie has had two very solid drafts in a row, adding a ton of front-7 talent. They have needs at MLB and CB, so a guy like Reggie Ragland or William Jackson III could make sense here, but did you also know that they got a grand total of 1.0 sack from their starting interior DL tandem last year? Robinson is a monster that can not only take on double teams and play in multiple schemes but can also get upfield and collapse the pocket. He’ll free up EDGE rushers Khalil Mack and Bruce Irvin to be more aggressive and improve their ability to pressure opposing passers, taking more heat off their back-7.

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (f/ Ten): Kevin Dodd-DL/Clemson

Their best pass-rusher was Jacquies Smith. Go ahead and re-read that. We good? Good. Tampa Bay added Robert Ayers in FA, but they’ll need at least one more threat if they want to boost a defense that allowed a 102.5 passer rating to opposing QBs last year (only the Saints were worse). Dodd, much like his college teammate Shaq Lawson, offers a ton of versatility. He can play in a 2-point, line up on the interior, or flat out run the arc in obvious passing situations.

16. Detroit Lions: Jack Conklin-OT/Michigan State

This could be another potential landing spot for Ragland if they decide not to move DeAndre Levy back to MLB, but for now I’m giving them a starting OT. LT Riley Reiff will be an unrestricted FA after this season, and their RT is something called Michael Ola. Conklin may never be a pro bowl tackle, but he’s a guy that can start at RT from day 1 and bring a bit of nasty to a unit that finished dead last in rushing YPG in 2015 despite boasting a solid interior.

**TRADE**

17. Pittsburgh Steelers (f/ Atl): William Jackson III-CB/Houston

Speculation has been that Atlanta wants to move down, and this could be a landing spot for several players including Taylor Decker (think Jets, Seahawks) or Paxton Lynch (Denver). I think Jackson-to-Pittsburgh is simply too good a match not to happen. The Steelers allowed the 3rd-most passing yards in the league last year, and parted ways with their top cover man (Cortez Allen) a few weeks ago. Jackson is my #1 corner in the draft, with the best size/speed/length combination and very good ball skills. GM Kevin Colbert is never shy about going and getting the players that fit his team’s identity, and that’s Jackson all over.

18. Indianapolis Colts: Reggie Ragland-LB/Alabama

I thought long and hard about giving them Taylor Decker to help secure their leaky OL, but that just seems too un-Grigson-like. I also think an EDGE defender would make sense here, given the ages of Robert Mathis and Trent Cole. Ragland, however, represents too much value as a replacement for FA-defection Jerrell Freeman to pass on at this point. For a Colts’ defense that allowed 4.3 YPC to opposing backs, and ranked 30th in the league in runs of 20+ yards allowed, an instinctive LB like Ragland would be an immediate contributor.

**TRADE**

19. Denver Broncos (f/ Buf): Paxton Lynch-QB/Memphis

I tried not to do this; I don’t really want the Bills to trade down. I just cannot get by the idea that Denver needs to make a move to get ahead of the Jets, and here and Atlanta are the best places to do it. If Buffalo stays here, they probably pick from Taylor Decker, Chris Jones, Josh Doctson, and Karl Joseph. With Denver moving into this slot, they get the big-on-arm/short-on-vision signal caller to groom behind Mark Sanchez. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: I’m not a Lynch guy, and I’d hate this pick if it were my team.

20. New York Jets: Taylor Decker-OT/Ohio State

Steady-as-a-rock D’Brickashaw Ferguson is out at LT; pay-me-for-being-on-IR Ryan Clady is in, and RT Breno Giacomini is lousy-at-best. This Jets club that likes to sling the ball is facing serious questions at the edges of their offensive front. Decker isn’t my favorite tackle in the class, as I think he’s got pad level issues and isn’t a great drive-blocker, but he’s a starting-caliber tackle for a team that sorely needs one. I expect the Jets to look for a QB in round 2.

21. Washington Redskins: Ryan Kelly-C/Alabama

After tying for 29th in the NFL with 3.7 YPC, Jay Gruden’s offense badly needs to shore up the leaks on their interior. No. 5 overall pick Brandon Scherff had a solid rookie year at RG, but center Kory Lichtensteiger looks like he’s on his way out. Kelly is clear-and-away the top center in the draft, sporting the critical footspeed and upper-body strength to control the point of attack from the pivot position. He should start as a rookie and give the Redskins’ run game a huge boost.

22. Houston Texans: Josh Doctson-WR/TCU

DeAndre Hopkins had a phenomenal breakout campaign in 2015, and looks to be a bona fide #1 WR. Outside of Hopkins, Houston has very little in the way of receiving production, and they’ll need another reliable target if they expect Brock Osweiler to have sustained success. Doctson doesn’t have elite straight-line speed, but he’s got everything else you want in a boundary threat: size, body control, hands, and short-area quickness. He’ll start from day 1 and allow Cecil Shorts III to move into the slot in ‘11’ sets.

23. Minnesota Vikings: Laquon Treadwell-WR/Ole Miss

I felt all along that Treadwell was a top-25 picks, and nothing has changed for me. He doesn’t have the type of top-end speed to land him in the top-15, but he does possess the route-running prowess and ball skills to be a team’s top target. For the Vikings, who haven’t had a receiver crest 60 receptions in a season since Greg Jennings in 2013, a guy that had 82 catches in 13 games as a senior (including a run of 6 straight games with a TD) must feel like a godsend.

24. Cincinnati Bengals: Sheldon Rankins-DT/Louisville

What’s he doing still on the board? Well, I have two answers to that: depth of the class makes teams feel that they can get DT talent later on, and Rankins, for me, is a scheme-specific fit. He’s a guy that is on the smaller side, doesn’t have outstanding length (it’s average), and wins with speed most of the time…which makes him a perfect penetrating 3-tech in a 40-front. The Bengals are looking to get younger and more athletic than Domata Peko at the DT spot, and Rankins, a local product, would be a perfect complement to Geno Atkins as they look to improve upon a bottom-10 run defense in YPC. Could they go receiver here? Sure. I’ll just note that the two guys that left in FA, Sanu and Jones, were 3rd and 6th round picks, respectively.

25. Atlanta Falcons: Karl Joseph-S/West Virginia

It took me a while to come around on Joseph, but I’m there now. He’s a beast. He’s physically similar to Earl Thomas, but plays like Kam Chancellor, which has to make Falcons’ HC and former Seahawks DC Dan Quinn a fan. Safety is an enormous need, as their current depth chart lists Kemal Ishmael and Ricardo Allen as the starting tandem (all together now: who?). Joseph’s speed and aggressiveness will allow him to play either safety spot, and walk down to slot corner in big nickel packages. When you face high-octane offenses like Carolina and New Orleans twice a season, that type of versatility is essential.

**TRADE**

26. Cleveland Browns (f/ Sea): Connor Cook-QB/Michigan State

Browns move down to avoid drafting a QB; Browns move up to draft a QB. Does it make sense? Sure. They grabbed an extra 1st rounder next year, which they get to keep, and they can move up here for the cost of a 3rd round pick. Cook has the physical tools to be a franchise QB, but he’s got a lot of work ahead of him on his mechanics, delivery, and processing ability. Moving up to the end of round 1 ensures that Cleveland gets him on a 5-year deal, and Seattle gets the extra picks and lower cap hit that they covet.

27. Green Bay Packers: Chris Jones-DL/Mississippi State

If ever there’s a player-team fit, this has to be it. Ted Thompson is a size guy, and Jones is a monster. He’s got the versatility to play in a 2-gap or 1-gap scheme, and can play anywhere from 5-tech all the way inside to 0-tech. The Packers lost BJ Raji to retirement and haven’t gotten returns from Datone Jones, so the former Bulldog’s ability to collapse the pocket and control the LOS would be a huge addition. There’ve been rumors about Jones’ effort lacking at times, but I haven’t seen it in any of the 4 full games of footage I’ve watched.

28. Kansas City Chiefs: Corey Coleman-WR/Baylor

Andy Reid looks to duplicate the speed-to-burn duo that he had in Philadelphia for years by drafting Coleman, who would be an immediate contributor in their offense. Imagine being an opposing defensive coordinator and knowing that you have to game plan for Jamal Charles and Charcandrick West in the run game, and then account for Jeremy Maclin, Travis Kelce, Charles, and Corey Coleman in the pass game. Not fun. The presence of Dee Ford prevents them from having to reach for a pass rusher at this point (given the Justin Houston injury).

29. Arizona Cardinals: Noah Spence-EDGE/Eastern Kentucky

Dwight Freeney came off the shelf in week 5 to lead the Cardinals in sacks, but I don’t think they can count on that type of serendipity again. The acquisition of Chandler Jones should help a bit, as will the maturation of 2015 2nd rounder Marcus Golden, but adding another legitimate pass-rushing threat is a must if they want to compete for a Super Bowl title. Spence’s on-field skillset has never been questioned, and he sounds like a guy that’s taken accountability for the lifestyle choices that got him dismissed from Ohio State. Even if he’s a situational pass rusher as a rookie, his contributions could change Arizona’s fortunes.

30. Carolina Panthers: Mackensie Alexander-CB/Clemson

I had this pick set even before they pulled the tag from Josh Norman. This was not a talented secondary, and they desperately need guys that can cover. Alexander slips a bit due to some length/strength issues, but he can cover with the best of them. He’s going to have to temper his attitude a bit, but I don’t think that’ll be a concern for a team that managed to bring Josh Norman along.

31. Buffalo Bills (f/ Den): Vernon Butler-DL/Louisiana Tech

Butler offers the full profile of traits that Rex Ryan loves: big frame, great quickness, excellent length, and versatile skillset. He can play as far out as 7-tech, or align as a 1-tech nose. He knows how to use his long arms to bench press guards and tackles, and closes quickly when penetrating. He’s also an effort player. I can envision Butler and Dareus as interchangeable pieces that bounce from 5-tech to 3-tech to 1-tech, giving opposing QBs fits when trying to identify their fronts.

Nice work brotha :thumbsup:

With sincere apologies for stealing Bandit's thread for posting this in (I hope you don't mind Bandit - the thread I started with my version 1 seems to have been locked) here is my final effort. I know I said I was going to wait until tomorrow and react to the late rumours.... but frankly I am more confused by the rumours going around than anything at this stage so sod it.... here is my mock draft v.3 (and I know my top 10 might end up way out....

1 – Los Angeles Rams – Quarterback - Jared Goff - California

As soon as the Rams traded up to number 1 I was convinced Goff would be the pick. Yes this team needs a Quarterback, and Goff is arguably better placed to win early than Wentz, but it also needs to make Los Angeles home again. Goff is a California boy who played his college ball in the state…. That is a marketing man’s dream – he is the new face of this returned franchise.

Pick change – previously Laquon Treadwell at #15

2 – Philadelphia Eagles – Quarterback – Carson Wentz – North Dakota State

Which means Philly are taking Carson Wentz. This almost needs no explanation…. You only give up that many picks for a Quarterback and with Goff off the board it must be Wentz.

Pick change – previously Vernon Hargreaves at #8

3 – San Diego Chargers – Defensive Back – Jalen Ramsey – Florida State

The Chargers could still go Laremy Tunsil, but I am not convinced that left tackle is their most pressing need. They need to do something about their pass defense. Jalen Ramsey is my #1 player in this draft. They could plug him in opposite Brandon Flowers and kick Jason Verrett in to the nickel role for which he is best suited or they could start him immediately at safety.

4 – Dallas Cowboys – Defensive End – Joey Bosa – Ohio State

I have been all about the Cowboys taking Myles Jack throughout the draft build up. I think he is a nice fit in their defense and it would allow them to get out from under the often injured Sean Lee’s $9m cap hit in 2017. However, need might start to factor in here. Both Randy Gregory and Demarcus Lawrence look poised to serve suspensions under the substance abuse policy in 2016 and there is no depth behind them at defensive end. With all things being considered that might force them into Bosa.

Pick change – previously Myles Jack

5 – Jacksonville Jaguars – Offensive Tackle – Laremy Tunsil – Ole Miss

I had Tunsil to Jacksonville in my first mock and whilst I have little doubt that the Jaguars would love Myles Jack their #1 priority must be protecting Blake Bortles better. Luke Joekel is not the answer. If Tunsil gets this far they simply have to take him.

Pick change – previously Joey Bosa

6 – Baltimore Ravens – Defensive End – DeForest Buckner - Oregan

Whisper it quietly, but the great Ozzie Newsome’s attempts to rebuild the fearsome Ravens defense have been less than stellar. DeForest Buckner is a freakishly athletic and versatile defensive lineman who can play inside, outside and drop into coverage too. Newsome has to start hitting on some new defensive stars – this would be a start.

Pick change – previously Ronnie Stanley

7 – San Francisco 49ers – Offensive Tackle - Ronnie Stanley – Notre Dame

The 49ers probably wanted a Quarterback but have not joined the mad rush to trade up and I don’t see Paxton Lynch as a fit for the Chip Kelly offense. Talking of which, Kelly’s offense stretches the field horizontally and puts a lot of pressure on his tackles to hold up both in the run game and in pass protection. In Philadelphia he inherited a pro-bowl starting left tackle and yet they spent their first round pick in year one on an offensive tackle. This looks like a repeat. Ronnie Stanley could play on the right in 2016 and eventually be pro-bowler Joe Staley’s replacement on the blindside.

Pick change – previously Jared Goff

8 – TRADE! New Orleans Saints – Defensive End – Shaq Lawson – Clemson (Cleveland gets #12 and #78)

This is now the pick that defines the rest of the first round. The Browns could have a lot of offers to slide back with some of the talent still on the board, but I doubt they want to slide back too much further. Tampa Bay at #9 are a team who might covet a pass rusher… and a pass rusher is what the New Orleans Saints need most of all so it makes sense for them to try and move up. Shaq Lawson out of Clemson gives them speed and disruption off the edge.

Pick change – previously Sheldon Rankins at #12

9 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Cornerback – Vernon Hargreaves - Florida

There would be much whooping and hollering in the Buccaneers war room at this point if the first 8 picks play out this way. Most people see Hargreaves as their #1 target and if he is still there at #9 they will turn their card in pretty quickly.

Pick change – previously DeForest Buckner

10 – New York Giants – Linebacker – Myles Jack - UCLA

Lots of people seem to think the Giants will go for an offensive lineman but I am not so sure. They have spent first round picks on linemen in two of the last three drafts and have picked offensive players in the last four first rounds. Given that it is maybe no surprise that their defense stinks, especially their linebackers, which means the end of Myles Jack’s slide – he would be an instant upgrade.

Pick change – previously Shaq Lawson

11 – TRADE! Miami Dolphins – Running Back – Ezekiel Elliot – Ohio State (Chicago gets #13, #107 & 2017 5th round pick)

Now the first round is moving as the Dolphins come up from 13 to 11 to make sure they land their running back in Ezekiel Elliot. The Dolphins have been trying to get hold of a running back all off-season and if Elliot is still there after the top 10 picks have been made watch for them to be aggressive in attempting to secure the most pro-ready running back to come out since Adrian Peterson.

12 – Cleveland Browns – Wide Receiver – Laquon Treadwell - Ole Miss

Cleveland remains the most difficult team to mock because they have needs everywhere. If they finally make their pick at #12 then Paxton Lynch is in play, their defensive backfield needs some help and given the loss of Alex Mack they could look to strengthen the offensive line too. But what about a wide receiver? Hue Jackson is an offensive coach but trying to put together an offense when Brian Hartline and Andrew Hawkins are your top two targets is like trying to turn water into wine. Laquon Treadwell is a #1 receiver and he gives RGIII a guy to throw to.

Pick change – previously Carson Wentz at #2

13 – Chicago Bears – Defensive Tackle – Jarran Reed – Alabama

The Chicago Bears defense needs to be better at stopping the run. Only 6 teams gave up a higher yard per carry than the Bears in 2015 as they tried to run a 3-4 defense with largely 4-3 personnel. Jarran Reed is a versatile guy who has played defensive end and defensive tackle in college and he gives them a big bodied run stuffer to plug and play in the trenches in the physical NFC North.

Pick change – previously Paxton Lynch

14 – Oakland Raiders – Defensive Tackle – Sheldon Rankins - Louisville

The Raiders tried hard to sign Malik Jackson in free agency before losing out to Jacksonville. There is talent on this young defense but they are still looking for that disruptive interior defensive lineman. Sheldon Rankins is a perfect fit in that spot. He has a knack for getting into the backfield and getting Quarterbacks and Running Backs on the ground.

Pick change – previously Jaylon Smith

15 – Tennessee Titans – Offensive Tackle – Jack Conklin – Michigan State

Tennessee’s offensive line is not good, although third year tackle Taylor Lewan has played pretty well protecting Marcus Mariota’s blindside. Moving back to #15 puts the Titans right in the range where Taylor Decker and Jack Conklin are in play. I prefer Decker but the noises coming out of Tennessee are that Conklin is higher on their board.

Pick change – previously Laremy Tunsil at #1

16 – Detroit Lions – Offensive Tackle – Taylor Decker – Ohio State

The fourth Buckeye comes off the board in the first 16 picks as the Detroit Lions decide to go offensive line rather than defensive line at #16. Riley Reiff, a first round draft pick in 2012, has spent the last two seasons at left tackle (he is a much more natural right tackle) but has been severely overmatched at that spot and is in the final year of his rookie deal. Decker could come in and start instantly at the left tackle spot, or spend a year on the right side with the intention of him replacing Reiff on the left in 2017.

Pick change – previously Robert Nkemdiche

17 – Atlanta Falcons – Linebacker – Darron Lee – Ohio State

And no sooner has Buckeye number four come off the board as Buckeye number five goes to Atlanta. I mocked Reggie Ragland here previously as it is clear the Falcons have a need at linebacker. However, Darron Lee might be a better fit for what Dan Quinn is after with his speed, versatility and athleticism.

Pick change – previously Reggie Ragland

18 – Indianapolis Colts – Centre – Ryan Kelly - Alabama

Surprise choice this early? It shouldn’t be. The Colts flipped and flopped between two backup level players at the anchor position on the line last year as whoever was under centre took a weekly beating. If this football team is going to get back to being a contender in the AFC they need to start looking after Andrew Luck a little better. Ryan Kelly is pro-ready and would be a huge upgrade.

19 – TRADE! Minnesota Vikings – Wide Receiver – Josh Doctson – TCU (Buffalo gets #23 and #86)

With a lot of the top defensive line talent already off the table the Bills might well be willing to slide back a few picks. There could be teams who want to come up to #19 and jump the Jets for Paxton Lynch, but with Treadwell gone Minnesota could also want to move up to get ahead of the Redskins and the Texans for the next receiver on the board. Josh Doctson might have the highest ceiling of any receiver in this class and he has the chance to develop into a true #1 in Minnesota.

Pick change – previously Corey Coleman at #23

20 – New York Jets – Quarterback – Paxton Lynch - Memphis

The standoff between the Jets and Ryan Fitzpatrick has become one of the stories of the off-season. The Jets might well decide to move on a Quarterback and I can see them falling in love with Lynch’s upside. He is a project at the NFL level but he is used to operating out of the spread and Jets’ offensive coordinator Chan Gailey runs an offense based on spread concepts.

Pick change – previously Darron Lee

21 – Washington Redskins – Defensive Tackle – A’Shawn Robinson – Alabama

I was convinced that the Redskins would target a cornerback until they snagged Josh Norman when the Panthers rescinded his franchise tag. They could target a receiver with both Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson due to be free agents next year but Robinson provides excellent value at this pick at another area of need on the defensive line.

Pick change – previously Eli Apple

22 – Houston Texans – Wide Receiver – Corey Coleman – Baylor

I think the Texans will take a speedy receiver to start opposite DeAndre Hopkins. That probably means a straight choice between Will Fuller out of Notre Dame or Baylor’s Corey Coleman. Fuller has that blazing 4.3 speed which is a nice compliment for Hopkins’ size, but Coleman is a better pass catcher and a more polished prospect and for that reason I think he could be the pick.

Pick change – previously Will Fuller

23 – Buffalo Bills – Defensive End – Noah Spence – Eastern Kentucky

The Bills are able to accomplish a trade down and still pick up one of the premier edge rushers in this year’s draft. Spence might slide to this pick due to a combination of off the field concerns and an underwhelming combine performance but the Bills have shown under Rex Ryan that they are willing to take a chance on character concerns and based on Spence’s game tape this is a steal at pick #23.

Pick change – previously Darron Lee

24 – TRADE! – Kansas City Chiefs – Cornerback – William Jackson III – Houston (Cincinnati gets #28, #126 and 2017 4th rounder)

The Chiefs and the Steelers both covet cornerbacks. With only Ramsey and Hargreaves off the board by this stage Kansas City makes a move to get their pick of what is left. They find a willing trade partner in the Bengals who see frustrating the Steelers as the added value in this trade. Both the Chiefs and the Steelers have been heavily linked to Jackson, who is a big athletic corner that has risen late up draft boards. He would look good opposite defensive rookie of the year Marcus Peters.

Pick change – previously Karl Joseph at #28

25 – Pittsburgh Steelers – Cornerback – Eli Apple – Ohio State

Luckily for Pittsburgh they still have options at #25. The rumour mill suggests that Jackson and Eli Apple have been their targets throughout the process. Jackson’s name is off the board so Eli Apple is the pick. He fits the prototype of the new taller, rangier NFL corner. For those of you counting that would make SIX Ohio State Buckeyes in the first 25 picks.

Pick change – previously Mackensie Alexander

26 – Seattle Seahawks – Defensive Tackle – Chris Jones – Mississippi State

The Seahawks have been rumoured to be considering trading down from this pick, but I think any offer to do so is dependent on a team wanting to come up above Denver for a Quarterback. I am not sure I see anyone willing to come this far with Lynch off the board and so the Seahawks have to choose which of their lines to upgrade. Chris Jones provides better value than any of the offensive linemen left as a disruptive mauler on the interior defensive line and helps offset the loss of Brandon Mebane who signed for the Chargers in free agency.

Pick change – previously Jack Conklin

27 – Green Bay Packers – Linebacker – Reggie Ragland - Alabama

The Packers’ biggest need is at linebacker. When Clay Matthews lines up outside they get run all over and when he lines up inside they generate minimal pass rush. Reggie Ragland’s draft day slide ends at pick #27 and the Alabama product makes an immediate difference to this defense, giving it a toughness at that middle linebacker spot.

Pick change – previously Andrew Billings

28 – Cincinnati Bengals – Cornerback – Mackensie Alexander - Clemson

Cincinnati went corner in the first round in 2012 and again in 2014. But neither of those guys has made the position their own and Pacman Jones will be 33 in September. Given that, and the value Mackensie Alexander represents here, I think this could be the pick. Alexander is a tough, physical, man corner who can be used to take away some of the threats that the Ravens and particularly the Steelers have on the outside.

Pick change – previously A’Shawn Robinson

29 – Arizona Cardinals – Outside Linebacker – Leonard Floyd – Georgia

The Cardinals need to upgrade their pass rush and Leonard Floyd is the kind of physical specimen that could immediately have an impact on the outside. Whether he is truly an every down player remains a question mark for me, but the Cardinals defense uses a lot of substitutions and different packages which makes Floyd an attractive fit at #29.

Pick change – previously Noah Spence

30 – Carolina Panthers – Cornerback – Artie Burns – Miami (Fl.)

If one of the top offensive linemen drops this far then the Panthers would surely select him. They could target German Ifedi out of Texas A&M at this spot, but that would be a bit of a reach for me. Given the events of the past week I think much more likely that they go with a corner. Artie Burns could immediately slot into that zone coverage scheme and has the potential to develop into a suitable replacement for Josh Norman.

Pick change – previously Taylor Decker

31 – TRADE! San Francisco 49ers – Quarterback – Connor Cook – Michigan State (Denver gets 49ers 2nd round pick and Colin Kaepernick)

This just makes so much sense to me. Denver values Kaepernick as worth a 4th round pick. The difference between Denver’s first round pick and San Francisco’s 2nd round pick is somewhere in the region of a 4th round pick. Chip Kelly and Trent Baalke get to come up the board to pick their Quarterback of the future having missed out on Goff and Wentz and John Elway gets his placeholder QB ready to “win-now” with that stellar defense.