Brady suspension reinstated!

FireChan

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't miss a game.

HOWEVER that is for the best. He will be 39 when the season begins. This is it, folks.

4 more games of hits, prep, practice, wear and tear on a 39 year old body is good for everyone who is not a PATS* fan.

I agree with this. If I am Brady why am I spending all this money on legal fees & such. Just look at the 4 game suspension as a way of keeping fresh when the games really do matter in December/January. It is 4 games & as long as the Pats get 1 or 2 wins out of it they should be fighting for home field once Brady is reinstated. The end is near for Marsha, just got to be a bit more patient folks.

"Satan laughing spreads his wing..."

I agree with this. If I am Brady why am I spending all this money on legal fees & such. Just look at the 4 game suspension as a way of keeping fresh when the games really do matter in December/January. It is 4 games & as long as the Pats get 1 or 2 wins out of it they should be fighting for home field once Brady is reinstated. The end is near for Marsha, just got to be a bit more patient folks.

Because he's not.

Because he's not.

Exactly. The NFLPA is waisting the player's money litigating issues that they failed to adequately address in contract negotiations. If I was a player I would not be happy they are spending so much money defending a primadona while there are real issues to be addressed with health and safety, retirement benefits, and quality of life for the vast majority of players who do not reach the upper levels of the sport like Brady.

If Garapollo has to play I expect the Pats coaches to figure out a way to send signals to him during plays to help him find open receivers. Either with an illegal helmet radio or even through secret code on the end zone scoreboards. Maybe a flickering light left, right, up or down that signals where to throw.

Exactly. The NFLPA is waisting the player's money litigating issues that they failed to adequately address in contract negotiations. If I was a player I would not be happy they are spending so much money defending a primadona while there are real issues to be addressed with health and safety, retirement benefits, and quality of life for the vast majority of players who do not reach the upper levels of the sport like Brady.

discipline effects all the players. at this point its far less about PSI and more about the process.

Over and over, the NFLPA has shown no interest in improving player safety. And they have defended every player who has suspended, including actual violent criminals.

...that they agreed to.

and now after 4 judges there is a 2-2 split on the interpretation of.....

clearly its not totally black and white where every professional looking into it finds it to be clear and obvious. the side that does end up winning though will gain power.

and now after 4 judges there is a 2-2 split on the interpretation of.....

clearly its not totally black and white where every professional looking into it finds it to be clear and obvious. the side that does end up winning though will gain power.

every legal scholar i've listened to/read is befuddled by the written decisions from the judges supporting brady. said they didn't rule on what they were actually being asked to rule on. to me it's suspect.

every legal scholar i've listened to/read is befuddled by the written decisions from the judges supporting brady. said they didn't rule on what they were actually being asked to rule on. to me it's suspect.

Oh? What do you suspect?

If Garapollo has to play I expect the Pats coaches to figure out a way to send signals to him during plays to help him find open receivers. Either with an illegal helmet radio or even through secret code on the end zone scoreboards. Maybe a flickering light left, right, up or down that signals where to throw.

I expect them to make a Garapollo automaton that they can control remotely and go 19-0 with.

Here we go...

Not in the least. Brady simply requested a two-week extension of time to file a brief supporting his request for the full court to rehear his case, which is routine and almost certainly would not be denied, absent some indication that he has been delinquent in litigating his case.

Ultimately, he has to persuade the full Second Circuit to rehear his case, which is something that court rarely does and, more importantly, doesn't like to do. When a full appellate court rehears a decision that has already been decided by a panel of the court's judges, it represents a slap in the face to the judges on the panel who originally heard and decided the case, because by doing so, the full slate of judges on the court are expressing their belief that their colleagues may have screwed up. All the appellate courts--but especially the Second Circuit--feel strongly that their panel decisions should not be disturbed by the full court absent extraordinary circumstances.

Added to that is the fact that courts don't particularly like to wade into cases that attract a lot of mainstream attention. Even if a number of the judges on the Second Circuit have some concerns about the reasoning of the panel decision, they may be particularly reluctant to afford this case the rare distinction of being reheard by the full court, simply to avoid giving off the perception that the court is beholden to Brady's star power.

Boy just can't take his whuppin

Krafty has his back.

Maybe NFL is whuppin' the wrong guy?

Because he's not.

been awhile. Early Black Sabbath?