Sam Bradford Wants Out of Philly; Crawls Back to Eagles

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@CBSPhilly

#Report: Sam Bradford Is Not Answering Calls From Doug Pederson http://cbsloc.al/1rnolBN?cid=twitter_CBSPhilly

ChNyHhZU8AA4JZ5.jpg

This is a bad look. Bradford has $18 million guaranteed for this year, $11 already paid.

Yeah, maybe the Eagles could have handled it better. But if Bradford wants to make big money by starting for anyone, ever again, it behooves him to go out and show that the last six games of above average play were not a fluke.

Refusing to show up or take a call from your coach, right after you signed a contract that told you they weren't convinced you were a long term solution...it's childish and unprofessional.

This is a bad look. Bradford has $18 million guaranteed for this year, $11 already paid.

Yeah, maybe the Eagles could have handled it better. But if Bradford wants to make big money by starting for anyone, ever again, it behooves him to go out and show that the last six games of above average play were not a fluke.

Refusing to show up or take a call from your coach, right after you signed a contract that told you they weren't convinced you were a long term solution...it's childish and unprofessional.

i imagine after draft week is done this will likely change tone some. hes likely just "encouraging" philly to soften the blockbuster trade demands some.

after this weekend, theres really not a ton for him to be able to achieve by fighting.

i imagine after draft week is done this will likely change tone some. hes likely just "encouraging" philly to soften the blockbuster trade demands some.

after this weekend, theres really not a ton for him to be able to achieve by fighting.

Just money to be lost. Let's see if Sam is willing to put his money where his mouth is.

That's the thing: there's little to be gained by fighting now. There's nothing the Eagles get back other than dead cap by cutting him. The deal structure makes him very tradable, but at this point a #1 pick for this year is off the table, and the only team with the cap space and QB need is the Niners, which would require a deal in an even more toxic situation than it is right now due to the Chip Kelly fallout.

The only way he gets what he wants is that he A) starts and has such a good year that the Eagles are forced to keep him another year, B) starts and plays so well the Eagles find trade value for him or C) plays ok, not well enough for the Eagles to keep him and choose to cut him but well enough that some GM this he has some magic left.

Every scenario has him shutting up and Nutting up.

They keep trying to link Bradford to Buffalo. Sal Pal said on ESPN that a team to watch would be Buffalo if they were going to try and trade him because the Bills had inquired about him in the past

"We'll take Sam Bradford, but you'll also have to give us Carson Wentz."

Nope. Bradford was a #1 pick and that makes each more desperate GM think they can get that value out of him.

While you are probably right, he seems to have gotten a lot more chances than other high-pick/top-5 busts. Carr, Jamarcus, Joey Harrington all come to mind, and I can't recall any of them getting as many second meaningful chances and multiple rounds of guaranteed money as Bradford.

That's the thing: there's little to be gained by fighting now. There's nothing the Eagles get back other than dead cap by cutting him. The deal structure makes him very tradable, but at this point a #1 pick for this year is off the table, and the only team with the cap space and QB need is the Niners, which would require a deal in an even more toxic situation than it is right now due to the Chip Kelly fallout.

The only way he gets what he wants is that he A) starts and has such a good year that the Eagles are forced to keep him another year, B) starts and plays so well the Eagles find trade value for him or C) plays ok, not well enough for the Eagles to keep him and choose to cut him but well enough that some GM this he has some magic left.

Every scenario has him shutting up and Nutting up.

"We'll take Sam Bradford, but you'll also have to give us Carson Wentz."

Good chuckle and probably true

They keep trying to link Bradford to Buffalo. Sal Pal said on ESPN that a team to watch would be Buffalo if they were going to try and trade him because the Bills had inquired about him in the past

What's most maddening to me about this whole situation and the media is how much they actually THINK about the ramifications of a deal. Let's put pen to paper, shall we?

This year, Bradford has a base salary of $7m (fully guaranteed) and a pro-ration of his bonus of $5.5m for a cap hit of $12.5m. Next year, he has a base salary of $13m, of which $4m is guaranteed. His pro-rated bonus is again another $5.5m and he's eligible for a roster bonus of another $4m. Total cap hit would be $22.5m. IF the Eagles did trade him to Buffalo, there isn't room in the cap to assume his contract. So the Eagles would have to eat the $7m guaranteed base this year, $4m guaranteed base next year, and the entire $11m pro-rated signing bonus. Their hit is then $23m instead of $12.5m. Just STUPID. The Bills are not a realistic trading partner, regardless of asking St. Louis about Bradford 2 years ago.

While you are probably right, he seems to have gotten a lot more chances than other high-pick/top-5 busts. Carr, Jamarcus, Joey Harrington all come to mind, and I can't recall any of them getting as many second meaningful chances and multiple rounds of guaranteed money as Bradford.

Not really. Bradford's on just his second team.

right - i dont expect it to be a light switch where the broncos select paxton and he and pederson go hang out for beers thursday night.

but as the next few weeks pass i think that the deep freeze will thaw some. they made a hard play and it doesnt look like it worked out. if he starts sitting out training camp and stuff ill sing a different tune, but this week only bothers me so much.

bradford to jamarcus is a ridiculous comparison and if you cant understand the reason one didnt get the same chances the other did, i dont know what to say....

the others can be product of supply/demand, perceived talent around them vs own shortcomings, and how they are trending at free agency (part of why the guy doesnt want to become a free agent as getting benched)

Bradford, Kaepernick, and Fitzy are all playing a losing game where rafter last night, they are losing leverage by the minute. If Fitzy really wants to retire, ok, but if it's a tactic, all of them may get the short end of the stick.

Yes, but their leverage will start to rise again when QBs around the league arrive at training camps, playing in (meaningless) preseason games, and start dropping like flies. Happens every year.

Jabustus probably doesn't belong in the conversation with the other guys. David Carr and Joey Harrington both got chances from more than one team - in particular Carr. Multiple rounds of guaranteed money, No, but I think that just reflects the crazy nature of the NFL QB market today.

I think it also reflects Bradford's injury history, there's been a nuance of "tough luck for the kid and we haven't seen what he has yet", but that could be wearing off Real Soon Now.