Texans release Brian Hoyer; signs with Bears

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not by much.

Dude look at his numbers last year. You really think EJ Manuel has that season in any universe? I wouldn't want him as my starter but he is a top 30 QB on planet Earth. He will be brought in to compete for a starting job somewhere and probably end up as a starter this season. You heard it here.

Dude look at his numbers last year. You really think EJ Manuel has that season in any universe? I wouldn't want him as my starter but he is a top 30 QB on planet Earth. He will be brought in to compete for a starting job somewhere and probably end up as a starter this season. You heard it here.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't start some games.

Maybe he could start his own radio show and get a douchebag sidekick like Boomer Esiason...

'The Boomer and Carton Show':

boomerandcarton.jpg

'The Hoyer & Johnny Speedball Show':

Brian-Hoyer-Johnny-Manziel-Saints-packag

accurate call withe speedball

I'd be shocked if he doesn't start some games.

This has to affect Fitz , right ?

Edited by 3rdand12

Hoyer would be a good signing. I would hate to see EJ start any games this season, especially after how bad he played against Jacksonville last year. It's almost guaranteed that if EJ has to make any starts, that will Bills will not win any of those games.

Take away that disastrous 5 minutes against Jacksonville (and I know, you can't), EJ really didn't play all that bad in those two games. It seems like people here think that the other 31 teams in the league have legit starting QB's at the #1 and #2 spots...

Edited by Buftex

Take away that disastrous 5 minutes against Jacksonville (and I know, you can't), EJ really didn't play all that bad in those two games. It seems like people here think that the other 31 teams in the league have legit starting QB's at the #1 and #2 spots...

Hoyer lost to a worse Jacksonville team in 2014. I think he put up like 6 points against them. Also, I believe EJ didn't have Sammy that game.

I mean, neither of them are good QBs. Hoyer probably wants close to starter money. He wanted 8mill last year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hoyer easily > EJ. He'd be a solid back up. If we had any cap space at all he'd be a good pick up. The Jets will have him in for a look if for nothing else but to motivate Fitz.

no doubt the Jets will bring him in ASAP. They were interested in him last year at FA and made him an offer but he chose houston because he was familiar with obrien's offense. It was after that that the Jets traded for Fitz.

no doubt the Jets will bring him in ASAP. They were interested in him last year at FA and made him an offer but he chose houston because he was familiar with obrien's offense. It was after that that the Jets traded for Fitz.

if hoyer to the jets than i think fitz says !@#$ it. i don't think he wants to compete for a starting spot when he earned it last year. he's a gamer and likes to compete but i could see him saying !@#$ it and moving on to another team.

i've liked him to go to the cardinals all offseason just never really bothered thinking it could happen. if palmer goes down he's good enough to not suck.

Solid back-up but someone would likely offer him more than we can.

Hoyer would be a good signing. I would hate to see EJ start any games this season, especially after how bad he played against Jacksonville last year. It's almost guaranteed that if EJ has to make any starts, that will Bills will not win any of those games.

The best way to ensure that EJ starts no games for the Bills is to get rid of him, ASAP.