The Prediction Thread

8-8 That's who they were last year, and until they can prove otherwise, that's who they are.

I'm not bothering to try to predict which games they'll win. This team is all over the map each year. Last year at this time, we would have

them beating

Jacksonville & the Giants. Games that should have been W's. But I don't know which Bills team will show up. So,

it's right back to where they left off last year, 8-8, until proven otherwise.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. Offense does matter. But in the end W/L is the only stat that matters. Do you guys think it is possible that a good portion of those Jets games were spent with the opposing team running out the clock? Was there any need to run up the score on his team whose defense sucked and offense sucked even more? Do you remember the Bills crushing them in Detroit? How did the defense look that night? In NY, the Jets offense certainly was a problem vs. the Bills. They put the game away early thanks to Geno and then we sleep walked through the rest. If we needed them maybe Sammy could get a few more 70+ yard plays, but we didn't need them.

10 of the 16 games were one score games, including 2 losses against the Patriots by a combined 3 points. 2 out of the 6 were against the Bills which were a combination of Geno/Vick giving away one game, and the Jets secondary being awful in the other.

The remaining 4 games were:

a beatdown by the Chargers (who if I remember correctly, beat down the vaunted Schwartz Bills defense exactly the way you describe)

a loss to the Chiefs by 2 scores

a loss to the Broncos by 2 scores

a win against the Dolphins

Edited by What a Tuel

10 of the 16 games were one score games, including 2 losses against the Patriots by a combined 3 points. 2 out of the 6 were against the Bills which were a combination of Geno/Vick giving away one game, and the Jets secondary being awful in the other.

The remaining 4 games were:

a beatdown by the Chargers (who if I remember correctly, beat down the vaunted Schwartz Bills defense exactly the way you describe)

a loss to the Chiefs by 2 scores

a loss to the Broncos by 2 scores

a win against the Dolphins

OK you win. Rex's defenses have been awesome since forever and we are definitely moving in the right direction here too.

Excitement followed by hope followed by agonising losses to teams we should have beaten followed by depression then some meaningless wins at the end of the season to kill our draft position but fans will be happy because it's "something to build on."

I think the Bills are an 11-5 team if I listen to my conspiracy theories that the winners/losers bracket is reshuffled by the owners first and foremost, and that the NFL wants to prove that the Bills needed a new stadium ten minutes ago.

Can't do that with another 8-8 season and nearly 20 years without playoffs.

Need the upstart "winner" to get that pressure building on a reluctant owner, county and state government. Owners aren't going to let Pegula skate with a free and clear "ancient" stadium forever after they kept it to themselves while RW was alive.

I kid on some level. :flirt:

Edited by dpberr

This would = Deshaun Watson

and that is the only redeeming feature in this valiant post from Adam of 3-13.

I must balance the scales of course.

19-0

I did not bother to dissect each game. which is truly what the OP wanted from us.

but i can envision Bills wining every game, Its not that hard if you try

Is that a prediction, or a tradition?

same thing here. it borders on blind religion.

First step is admitting it.

I thought the first step was vehement denial ???

OK you win. Rex's defenses have been awesome since forever and we are definitely moving in the right direction here too.

You paint out of of the lines. with a broad wide sweeping house brush and a sopping wet roller sometimes.

if you look on the side of the 64 pack of crayolas there is a sharpener.

its okay some one had to show me too !

B-)

I bet as cults go, we're in the Top Ten for Tailgating! Go Team!!!

Oh have no doubt, this cult rocks !

Lotsa upside and perks.

but try to keep it quiet, we do not want the media to find out how much fun we Bills fans truly are. Then every one would want in.

Edited by 3rdand12

I bet as cults go, we're in the Top Ten for Tailgating! Go Team!!!

No gruel for this cult. But first, cash out your 401k and wire it to my offshore account. Then I'll send you a crapload of "literature" to read, including a transcript of the official Van Miller radio broadcast of "The Comeback" game.