The Prediction Thread

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not a kind schedule. No way do I see 10-6. 7-9 is what my head tells me, give or take a win. My heart says a little better than that, but it's usually an idiot.

Same.

And I was boldly predicting 10-6 a year ago, so I am not by nature a doubting Thomas.

Does anyone have a solid theory, beyond wishful thinking, why we should be better this year. We lost a bunch of good players replaced them with journeymen.

It isn't a "solid" theory - but if defense gets better in year 2 of the system I don't think it is a stretch to see us getting better. As has been pointed out before - Rex's D hasn't always followed the logic of better players = better defense so that is not completely unrealistic.

However, do I have a lot of confidence that will happen at this stage? Not really.

Yup. Growth of existing players, familiarity of offensive and defensive systems and better utilization of talent are the main areas for hope of improvement. In theory at least. I just don't see it happening though. The level of talent on the roster will almost certainly be a bit less than last season, even with a good draft. It's up to Rex and Co. to prove me wrong and they'll get that chance. I hope they do.

Edited by BarleyNY

Same.

And I was boldly predicting 10-6 a year ago, so I am not by nature a doubting Thomas.

Same here. I predicted the same and that they'd get the last WC spot, but lose the first playoff game. My floor was 10-6, but missing the playoffs on a tiebreaker. My ceiling was 1 playoff win. They weren't a Super Bowl contender, but I thought they could make the playoffs. I don't see it this season.

9/11@ Bal - LOSS

9/15vs. NYJ - WIN
9/25vs. Ari 1:00 - LOSS

10/2@ NE 1:00 - LOSS
10/9@ LA 4:25 - LOSS
10/16vs. SF 1:00 - WIN

10/23@ Mia 1:00 - WIN
10/30vs. NE 1:00 - LOSS
11/7@ Sea 8:30 - LOSS
11/20@ Cin 1:00 - LOSS
11/27vs. Jax 1:00 - WIN
12/4@ Oak 4:05 - LOSS
12/11vs. Pit 1:00 - LOSS
12/18vs. Cle 1:00 - WIN
12/24vs. Mia 1:00 - WIN
1/01@ NY Jets 1:00 - WIN

OVERALL RECORD 7-9

Everything rides on Rex getting the players to fit his system.

Staying healthy , eliminating penalties , getting the plays and substitutions in on time for D , will make a big difference.

How they will call complex D plays over the crowd noise at home will be a challenge again unless the fans stay quite O and D

Baltimore Ravens Sept. 11 (1 p.m.): Win. Flacco is coming off a knee injury/surgery and that type of injury usually hampers QB's for a while.

New York Jets Sept. 15 (8.25 p.m.): Win. If Fitzpatrick does not sign with the Jets, then they're really in QB purgatory.

Arizona Cardinals Sept 25 (1 p.m.): This game could go either way. In order for the Bills to win, they'll need to pressure Palmer the same way they pressured Brady in the second Patriots matchup last year. Right now, I'm going with the Cardinals.

at New England Oct. 2 (1 p.m.): If Tom Brady’s suspension is reinstated, then I'll say Win. If not, I then I'll say loss.

at Los Angeles Oct. 9 (4:25 p.m.): Win.

San Francisco Oct. 16 (1 p.m.): Win.

at Miami Oct. 23 (1 p.m.): Win.

New England Oct. 30 (1 p.m.): Loss.

at Seattle Seahawks Nov. 7 (8:30 p.m.): Loss. Hopefully the Bills will have a much better showing than the blowout of four years ago.

Bye Week

at Cincinnati Bengals Nov. 20 (1 p.m.): Loss.

Jacksonville Jaguars Nov. 27 (1 p.m.): As long as EJ Manuel is not starting, then the Bills should Win.

at Oakland Raiders Dec. 4 (4:05 p.m.): This game could go either way, but the Raiders got the better of the Bills last time and have a promising young QB in Derek Carr, so I'll go with a Loss.

Pittsburgh Steelers Dec. 11 (1 p.m.): Loss (unless Rapistburger is hurt).

Cleveland Browns Dec. 18 (1 p.m.): Win.

Miami Dec. 24 (1 p.m.): Win.

at New York Jets Jan. 1 (1 p.m.): Win.

So, I'm going with 9-7 with no Brady suspension; 10-6 with Brady being suspended four games.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

That's not a kind schedule. No way do I see 10-6. 7-9 is what my head tells me, give or take a win. My heart says a little better than that, but it's usually an idiot.

The three west coast trips instead of making it more efficient by having 2 was a special request by genius Rex to the league. He must like plane rides or something. The season hasn't started yet and he has potentially already cost the team a win. He said he didn't want to stay out west because he didn't want the team in "vacation mode".

Whose job is it to keep a team out of vacation mode?

I have no idea.... its a tougher schedule (teams wise) than last year. And we lost a couple good players. Hopefully we draft well, and the defense gels with Rex.

I could see us getting worse, I could see us getting better...

I have no idea.... its a tougher schedule (teams wise) than last year. And we lost a couple good players. Hopefully we draft well, and the defense gels with Rex.

I could see us getting worse, I could see us getting better...

Defense gels with Rex? Do you mean defense smells with Rex? Defense goes to hell with Rex?

Let's not act like he hasn't put together a good defense before. Is it going to happen here? Who knows.

Yes. And the Wright Brothers built a brilliant plane too. That plane is now antiquated like Rex's defense. Rex is not putting together a good defense here or anywhere else until he has the courage to admit that his old system is deciphered and useless at this point. Could he start from scratch and do it again? Maybe. But he seems unwilling to do so. Perhaps it is because he is fully pregnant and in vacation mode.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Yes. And the Wright Brothers built a brilliant plane too. That plane is now antiquated like Rex's defense. Rex is not putting together a good defense here or anywhere else until he has the courage to admit that his old system is failed and useless at this point. Could he start from scratch and do it again? Maybe. But he seems unwilling to do so. Perhaps it is because he is fully pregnant and in vacation mode.

How is a scheme that only 2 years ago ended up 6th in the NFL, despite a void of talent in the secondary, antiquated?

9/11@ Bal 1:00 PM ET WIN

9/15vs. NYJ 8:25 PM ET Loss

9/25vs. Ari 1:00 PM ET Loss

10/2@ NE 1:00 PM ET LOSS 22-38

10/9@ LA 4:25 PM ET WIN

10/16vs. SF 1:00 PM ET WIN

10/23@ Mia 1:00 PM ET Loss

10/30vs. NE 1:00 PM ET Loss

11/7@ Sea 8:30 PM ET Loss

Bye Week

11/20@ Cin 1:00 PM ET Loss

11/27vs. Jax 1:00 PM ET Loss

12/4@ Oak 4:05 PM ET Loss

12/11vs. Pit 1:00 PM ET Loss

12/18vs. Cle 1:00 PM ET Loss

12/24vs. Mia 1:00 PM ET Loss

1/01@ NY Jets 1:00PM ET Loss

OVERALL RECORD 3-13

If memory serves, I predicted 10-6 and a playoff appearance last year.

The QB situation worked out better than hoped. Greg Roman did the kind of job I expected from him. But I was surprised by the mess Rex made with the defense.

So my expectations are more conservative this year: 8-8.

I really hope my low expectations are wrong. And I really need us to beat the Hawks in Week 9. But I'm predicting mediocrity.

Edited by hondo in seattle