Bills Season Tickets Status

Does anyone know what the deal with season tickets is right now?

I am considering getting tickets but the guy I have been talking to in the office is giving me the run around. I have to get on the waiting list in order to be eligible for tickets. They told me everyone on the waiting list would get tickets but they couldn't tell me where. I don't feel comfortable putting money down when I don't know where the seats will be. I'd like to be in the lower level end zone, if possible. I just moved back to WNY for the first time in a long while so I'll be at every game, just a matter of if I'll have season tickets or not. I know how cheap prices can be at the end of the season so I don't want to buy unless it seems like it will make sense financially.

Has anyone bought seats recently? or been offered them from being on the waiting list? Any idea where I'll end up if I get on the waiting list? Schedule comes out tonight so we'll see if we have any prime time games.

The issues are:

They are/were capped for season tickets and have a waiting list

Unsure if the renewal period is over, but there is that.

Then season ticket holders will go through the process of relocation options

Then the waiting list will be accessed in order to grab the remaining seats from the relocations.

So it is impossible to know which seats will be available.

So you can put down the deposit and jump on the waiting list. Either grab whatever seats are available when it is your turn.... or probably opt to wait a year. The following year you may be toward the front of the line. I have Sabres ST and I also have 2 on the waiting list. I come up every year.... now right away... but nothing tickles my fancy yet. Its mostly picked through.

Edited by May Day 10

I am considering getting tickets but the guy I have been talking to in the office is giving me the run around. I have to get on the waiting list in order to be eligible for tickets. They told me everyone on the waiting list would get tickets but they couldn't tell me where. I don't feel comfortable putting money down when I don't know where the seats will be. I'd like to be in the lower level end zone, if possible. I just moved back to WNY for the first time in a long while so I'll be at every game, just a matter of if I'll have season tickets or not. I know how cheap prices can be at the end of the season so I don't want to buy unless it seems like it will make sense financially.

Has anyone bought seats recently? or been offered them from being on the waiting list? Any idea where I'll end up if I get on the waiting list? Schedule comes out tonight so we'll see if we have any prime time games.

Do yourself a favor and get on the Sabres waiting list. It is a much more enjoyable experience versus sitting with 80K of your favorite drunk, out of control WNY neighbors.

Edited by DirtDart

Do yourself a favor and get on the Sabres waiting list. It is a much more enjoyable experience versus sitting with all of your favorite drunk, out of control WNY neighbors.

Or, get on the waiting list for the opera. No issues there at all.

You have almost a 0% chance of being a first year ST holder and getting tickets in the lower bowl, so I wouldn't expect it. More than likely you will have to spend a year in the 300 level before you will be able to slide down to the lower.... If you are interested in tickets, buy the best you can when they become available and upgrade next year...

You have almost a 0% chance of being a first year ST holder and getting tickets in the lower bowl, so I wouldn't expect it. More than likely you will have to spend a year in the 300 level before you will be able to slide down to the lower.... If you are interested in tickets, buy the best you can when they become available and upgrade next year...

There's a faster way to slide into the lower deck:

Bills-fan-fall-11-17-13.gif

Sat 122 for 5+ years (see screen name) right above the tunnel and they were great. Right behind first down man if anyone is familiar.

It may be blasphemy but I preferred sitting in the 300s. There are bathrooms at the top of the stadium that are clean with little to no line, view is fantastic, seats are cheaper. Short of seeing the players coming and going I look for 300s before lower bowl.

Sat 122 for 5+ years (see screen name) right above the tunnel and they were great. Right behind first down man if anyone is familiar.

It may be blasphemy but I preferred sitting in the 300s. There are bathrooms at the top of the stadium that are clean with little to no line, view is fantastic, seats are cheaper. Short of seeing the players coming and going I look for 300s before lower bowl.

Very good point!

It always seemed like it would a lot colder in the 300 level when the wind is blowing (which seems most of the time). Since the lower bowl is built into the ground and seems to be protected from the wind that way, the upper bow seems totally exposed??

It always seemed like it would a lot colder in the 300 level when the wind is blowing (which seems most of the time). Since the lower bowl is built into the ground and seems to be protected from the wind that way, the upper bow seems totally exposed??

The biggest difference in temperature can be attributed to which side of the field you're on. Visitors side gets more sunlight.

The biggest difference in temperature can be attributed to which side of the field you're on. Visitors side gets more sunlight.

this times 1000...i think it can feel 20 degrees colder on home side on a cold but sunny day.

No sun, no difference.

this times 1000...i think it can feel 20 degrees colder on home side on a cold but sunny day.

No sun, no difference.

And the opposite is also true; you can get a wicked sunburn sitting on the sunny side. You have to remember the sunscreen in September and October.

It's a great sign that the Bills have a season ticket waiting list when they haven't made the playoffs since the 90's.

If they can get this thing turned around and start winning there is plenty of demand for more expensive tickets in the new stadium we all know is coming.

We're lower bowl, corner, 15 rows back. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Yeah, half the cool stuff happens on the other end of the field, but when it happens right in front of us, it's the best. IE - CJ's kickoff TD a few years ago, Johnny Eightball getting pasted by KW95, Sammy's first career TD, Jeff Tuel's 102 yard pick six... (wait, what?)

The problem with putting down the money for me is, if I don't get season tickets this year, I'm not sure I'll want them next year. I just moved to Rochester and only know for sure I'll be here till May 2017-ish finishing my dissertation. After that, it is open book. So if I don't like the tickets I get stuck with this year, I may not get anything and will eat the money.

Doing the rough math, based on years of ticket buying from eBay/stubhub/scalpers/getting free ones from friends who don't want to go at the end of the season when it is freezing and they suck, it may make more sense to go to every game and not have season tickets and just buy for each game.

The problem with putting down the money for me is, if I don't get season tickets this year, I'm not sure I'll want them next year. I just moved to Rochester and only know for sure I'll be here till May 2017-ish finishing my dissertation. After that, it is open book. So if I don't like the tickets I get stuck with this year, I may not get anything and will eat the money.

Doing the rough math, based on years of ticket buying from eBay/stubhub/scalpers/getting free ones from friends who don't want to go at the end of the season when it is freezing and they suck, it may make more sense to go to every game and not have season tickets and just buy for each game.

The only flaw in that theory is if by some chance they are good, you will pay a premium for tickets. But yes they will probably be 3-7 by Halloween & the fans will be giving 3 out of the last 4 home games away(Pittsburgh will be a tough ticket no matter what the record is).

Yeah, I feel like the only one I will end up paying more than face value is maybe the home opener but I can get a season ticket holder to buy me individual tickets for that one when they go on sale. If we're good, I'll gladly eat my words and overpay for tickets. That'd be a great problem to have.

Yeah, I feel like the only one I will end up paying more than face value is maybe the home opener but I can get a season ticket holder to buy me individual tickets for that one when they go on sale. If we're good, I'll gladly eat my words and overpay for tickets. That'd be a great problem to have.

The season ticket holder better be a long, long, long, term seat holder and have plenty of seats to get tickets to the opener.

Not like in the old days(3 years ago). Bills will hold a good bit for groups who have traditionally bought large blocks in the past...groups like TBD. Will also hold a few thousand for individual sale, add in away team holds etc, bet less than 2000 tickets were sold via season tickets holders to the Indy game last year.

Just something to consider in your thought process. If it were me, i would not buy seasons this year..i would purchase seats as you go. 3 December Sunday games in a row going to be a tough draw if they are not in the playoff race.Might even get the two besides the Steelers for free.