How would you feel if the Bills traded up for Paxton Lynch?

Estro

I think the "enamored by Cardale Jones" is a total smoke screen. The fact that it's a LaCanfora story almost seals the deal for me on that one. If it was true, it wouldn't be out there in the media. Whaley, much like Nix, understands that this is the lying season. The time for misinformation is now.

I believe the true apple of Whaley and Greg Roman's eye is Paxton Lynch. I'm really starting to become a believer that this kid can be a legit quality NFL QB. Not sure Rex would endorse the idea of a 1st round QB (part of the reason I don't like Rex as HC, but that's another story), let alone one that you might have to trade up for, but I would be on board selecting him if Lynch gets out of the top 10.

I do not think he will be available at 19, with teams like DAL at #4, SF at #7, PHI at #8, CHI at #11 and LA at #15, all possible landing spots for a guy like Lynch. If he were to make it past PHI with the 8th pick though, I would get on the phone with the NYG at 10 and see if my 1st and 2nd gets it done. Like I said before, I don't think Rex would be on board with a move like this, and ultimately I don't see it happening, but I'd like to see it.

We all know you're nothing in this league without a difference maker at the QB position, and I think Paxton Lynch has all the tools to become that QB. I also truly believe that the Bills are not believers that Tyrod is a franchise, "this guy can take us to the promised land" type of QB. I don't always agree with Bills Polian's opinions, but when that piece came out about what he told the Pegula's (find a QB, don't overpay a stopgap like Tyrod) I agreed with his take. I hope maybe Whaley could convince Rex to get on board because drafting a young QB high might buy him more job security, perhaps that's how you go about getting coaches to buy into the idea. Not that that's a good reason, but I think the player he will become is the reason the Bills should do it

One final nugget: I think this is the year Jerry Jones plucks a QB in the 1st round, they've been doing their homework on all of the QB's. In the end I think Paxton Lynch will be their guy over Jared Goff with the #4 pick. But let's say that doesn't happen and he's still on the board when the Giants are on the clock at #10.................

How would this board feel if the Bills traded away their 1st and 2nd round picks for the right to move up and take Paxton Lynch? I have the feeling it won't be very popular.

Edited by Estro

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd absolutely hate that idea.

Lynch needs a lot of work and is 2nd round QB being pushed into the first because of need. He's not a QB you go up and get because he isn't a can't miss prospect. He can't really read defenses, he needs to learn how to play QB under center and he threw way too many bubble screens/short passes for my liking.

And there is absolutely no way, if I'm GM, that I'm morgaging the future and trading up for Paxton Lynch. His own coach has admitted that he isn't as polished as Andy Dalton was, who he coached at TCU.

I would not like that idea one bit

This team has other needs. TT is the QB and we need to surround him with talent on either side of the ball. Players who can come in and play now. Not a QB to groom.

Pick a QB in round 3-4

Could be a smokescreen on Cardale but who knows. The smokescreen could be Paxton Lynch. Not everything is a smokescreen. Two years ago We heard for weeks how much they were enamored with Sammy Watkins and reports they were trying to trade up in that draft. Some reports are accurate.

Lynch could definitely fall to 19. Mock drafts:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016_1.php#28

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2016/#28

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/nfl-mock-draft-2016-1.11395517#31

http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1b.aspBills select - #19

If he's available at 19, or even better if they feel they can trade back to the mid 20s and take him, I'd be ok with that. Trading up, absolutely not. He's far from a sure thing, but has the tools and size that scouts love. He would be much more worthy of a 1st than EJ.

I would be mad as :censored: if we traded up for Paxton Lynch.

1. He played in a dumbed down version of a spread offense where he made no checks or changes at the line.

2. We have a starting QB and should not be wasting picks to move up for a guy for reason outlined in #1. Also, why create a QB controversy of ANY kind.

3. The defense REALLY needs to be the focal point of this draft if we are going "all in" on Rex's scheme because of the lack of talent in key areas. To piss away draft picks on a QB would be the ABSOLUTE dumbest :censored: we have witnessed in quite some time. I don't expect this from Whaley.

I would be mad as :censored: if we traded up for Paxton Lynch.

1. He played in a dumbed down version of a spread offense where he made no checks or changes at the line.

2. We have a starting QB and should not be wasting picks to move up for a guy for reason outlined in #1. Also, why create a QB controversy of ANY kind.

3. The defense REALLY needs to be the focal point of this draft if we are going "all in" on Rex's scheme because of the lack of talent in key areas. To piss away draft picks on a QB would be the ABSOLUTE dumbest :censored: we have witnessed in quite some time. I don't expect this from Whaley.

Tyrod Taylor already has created a QB controversy. He just threw his head coach and defense under the bus.

Who cares if those were his agents comments, Tyrod's silence in this matter speaks volumes. Where are the denouncements on what his agent said? This is the age of instant messaging. It shouldn't be all that hard for poor little Tyrod. The poor guy who played so awesome all year and who would have made it to the playoffs were it not for his stupid head coach and his stupid defense. It wasn't his fault.

I think the Bills will move on from Taylor because of this slap in the face stuff and they will have a new starting QB who will probably end up being better than what Taylor brings which is average QB play. If that's Paxton Lynch then so be it. Taylor certainly isn't a leader so let's keep looking for one at the QB position.

Tyrod Taylor already has created a QB controversy. He just threw his head coach and defense under the bus.

Who cares if those were his agents comments, Tyrod's silence in this matter speaks volumes. Where are the denouncements on what his agent said? This is the age of instant messaging. It shouldn't be all that hard for poor little Tyrod. The poor guy who played so awesome all year and who would have made it to the playoffs were it not for his stupid head coach and his stupid defense. It wasn't his fault.

I think the Bills will move on from Taylor because of this slap in the face stuff and they will have a new starting QB who will probably end up being better than what Taylor brings which is average QB play. If that's Paxton Lynch then so be it. Taylor certainly isn't a leader so let's keep looking for one at the QB position.

I as well have wondered why Tyrod hasn't said anything to calm the storm created by his f***tard agent. I have also been thinking about the possibility of Tyrod being moved since the report about the Broncos inquiring about him surfaced. If it happens, it happens. I hope we can get a 1st out of the deal and move on. I liked Tyrod and what he did on the field last year at times, but his agent has created this s*** storm KNOWING what the Bills have for cap space this year and the fact that his client has only had one season as a starter. I know the whole situation has left me with a bad impression and it comes off completely unprofessional. You played well enough that you were able to void a year off of your deal and set yourself up for a pay day if you keep up the good work. Play the game and the rest will take care of itself. Act like a douche or have your agent be a douche for you and IT WILL bite you in the a$$. Watch.

No to Lynch.

Not at 19, not with a trade up, not anywhere

Ideally he's on the board at 19 and a REALLY QB hungry team sends Whaley and co. an offer they cant refuse to slide back.