How would you feel if the Bills traded up for Paxton Lynch?

Estro

If someone's agent called you out nationally, would you be ok with a private "hey bud, that's just my agent trying to get me a great deal"?

That's crazy. They may say they're ok with him, but this kind of stuff tends to boil over at some point and it's usually during the season.

Tyrod doesn`t impress me in close games or game on the line drives. Skinny build causes him to get dinged easily. Well this season will tell all.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Lynch, I like him better then Goff but trading up is out of the question for me. Plus I don't think he's a viable starter out the box and we have too many other positions of need. That being said his combo of size, and athleticism plus that cannon for an arm is enticing

How would this board feel if the Bills traded away their 1st and 2nd round picks for the right to move up and take Paxton Lynch? I have the feeling it won't be very popular.

You are correct. It would not be a popular move among posters.

Without trade action, first round QB's are a gamble. Giving away future value to step into that gamble is a fools game (and.. yes, I know prior administrations have done that).

Edited by boater

If someone's agent called you out nationally, would you be ok with a private "hey bud, that's just my agent trying to get me a great deal"?

That's crazy. They may say they're ok with him, but this kind of stuff tends to boil over at some point and it's usually during the season.

I certainly wouldn't tell him that he's got to repeat what he says to me privately for all to hear

I wouldn't trade up for any QB in the first round. It RARELY works out. I mean the only trade for a QB that I could remember that somewhat worked out was the when the Broncos traded up for Jay Cutler in 06' or Flacco in 08'.

Edited by Lincoln Osiris

Maybe he did tell him to tone it down? Maybe he didn't? Either way it's irrelevant. The agent is doing what agents do. The team and Tyrod know where each other stand and that's all that matters. The only people that the agent's words impact are the fans.

And how do we know that exactly?

I might guess they do. But we sure do not know the truth of the matter. That the agent is not Taylors alter ego mouthpiece?

Or his agent on an ether binge?

something is amiss. after that attack. Not quite eloquent , or with any shard of Class

so if he was in the third you'd say no?

I think i would feel reasonable at taking a QB in the third or preferably the 4th with the extra pick

And how do we know that exactly?

I might guess they do. But we sure do not know the truth of the matter. That the agent is not Taylors alter ego mouthpiece?

Or his agent on an ether binge?

something is amiss. after that attack. Not quite eloquent , or with any shard of Class

I think i would feel reasonable at taking a QB in the third or preferably the 4th with the extra pick

not just a QB but Lynch, who is supposed to be a first rounder, So getting him in the 3rd would be a steal (whether he pans out or not is a different story)

Can corroborate this from one side anyway.

:beer:

not just a QB but Lynch, who is supposed to be a first rounder, So getting him in the 3rd would be a steal (whether he pans out or not is a different story)

Lynch will surely be drafted sooner than I might have Bills taking him !

If Whaley and Co. like him, he falls to third or some trades were made upstream to add picks? I would be delighted in the third.

:beer:

Lynch will surely be drafted sooner than I might have Bills taking him !

If Whaley and Co. like him, he falls to third or some trades were made upstream to add picks? I would be delighted in the third.

yeah, honestly don't know if I would thrilled or disappointed in any round, just not sure about him in general. If we do get him I just hope he becomes great so we can finally have an elite QB.

yeah, honestly don't know if I would thrilled or disappointed in any round, just not sure about him in general. If we do get him I just hope he becomes great so we can finally have an elite QB.

I think they absolutely must draft a project. Which one? I have no idea what Whaley and Roman think.

For me, i do not want a WR QB OT in the first two rounds. In the third i loosen up a bit.

I have a 3rd round grade on Lynch. Don't like his mechanics, his footwork is patchy, he has an unnatural throwing motion and whilst he is relatively mobile for a big guy I am not convinced once he is outside the pocket.

that's a problem with Spread QBs.

As long as Whaley agrees with you. i won't argue with you.

I could.

But I won't

:lol:

I've watched most of his games and believe he has what takes to become a top QB. if his junior and senior seasons were reversed the experts would talking about him and Wentz. He lost a lot WRs his senior year and just couldn't get a good chemistry with them (because they just weren't good, hard to excel when surrounded by bums)