Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?

Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do want the Bills to draft?

• Connor Cook, MSU (Projected Round 1-2)
    • Cardale Jones, OSU (Projected Round 3-4)
    • Dak Prescott, Miss State (Projected Round 4-5)
    • Brandon Doughty, WKU (Projected Round 5-6)
    • Kevin Hogan, Stanford (Projected Round 6)
    • Brandon Allen, Arkansas (Projected Round 6-7)
    • Nate Sudfeld, IU (Projected Round 7)
    • Vernon Adams, Jr., Oregon (Projected Round 7)
    • Jake Coker, Alabama (Projected Round 7)
    • Jeff Driskell, La Tech (Projected Round 7)
    • Would prefer they don't use a draft pick and wait to sign a UDFA (i.e. Jake Rudock, UM, Marquise Williams, UNC)
    • Prefer they don't add a rookie QB at all

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Jones, Prescott, Brissett, or Hogan, depending on where. Jones in the 3rd? I'm a little iffy. In the 4th? Hell yeah to Jones or Prescott. Brissett in the 5th or Hogan in the 6th? All about it.

Edited by JM57

I'm all for one of the Brandons--Doughty or Allen

They strike me as the developmental types that can play in this league

I'm totally torn on Cardale; I saw him live and the physical talent is real. I worry about his ability to execute a game plan--he's a total mystery

It feels like a bit of a common theme here. We all seem to be interested in value more so than a particular guy. That's kind of interesting to me.

i am pretty optimistic about the situation for the Bills, somewhat due to the fact that while this draft lacks immediate starters IMO, it is fairly deep in terms of development QBs. I would be happy with many of the guys listed, assuming they didn't reach for him. Because the Bills have a starting QB, I don't think they will reach. On the other hand, because they only have a small sample on their starter, he isn't yet signed Long term, and their backup also will most likely be gone next year, I think it makes drafting one a decent priority so they will address it relatively aggressively in terms of evaluation. Edited by YoloinOhio

I am going all in with TT and not wasting a pick on another project. EJ can be backup this year.

Our cap situation is forcing us to have value players that can contribute immediately. We need pass rushers and fast linebackers and another safety now. Forget the QB position for this year.

But that's exactly why I'd draft Jones in the 4th. He will have zero pressure to play and can learn under two vets. Most Qbs aren't going to amount to anything but I'll take a shot with the most physically gifted one.

Until you got a top qb, you should never stop looking.

IMO there is a 50% chance that Lynch is still on the board at # 19. If so trading down is not a bad option. Taking him is not a bad option either IMO. If he's there I would roll the dice and take the QB.

Except he might not be good.

I would be for any QB after round 1

I actually like Vernon Davis.....who gets no play in these conversations

Assuming you mean Adams but for me, I won't like this pick unless it's like a 7th rounder. Not a fan of smaller Qbs. He couldn't make it through the Pac 12 healthy. And Mariota seems to be the major exception of Oregon Qbs and he has NFL size. Their offense is gimmicky and their Qbs aren't NFL ready.

I'm totally torn on Cardale; I saw him live and the physical talent is real. I worry about his ability to execute a game plan--he's a total mystery

I'm in the Cardale camp...No question he's going need time to develop...But they all are to an extent...I think he's a fit for what the Bills want to do long term under Rex...His arm is legit...He's a big dude that can run really well...It may be a good thing that he has not had enough time to develop a ton of poor habits...We'll see...Maybe Roman can mold him into something really, really special...Because I think his ceiling is very high...

My feeling is...based on the assumption that they are all going to need work...Cardale gives you 1st Round talent without having to use a 1st round pick... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

It feels like a bit of a common theme here. We all seem to be interested in value more so than a particular guy. That's kind of interesting to me.

It also bodes well for the reactions come draft day....SOMEBODY is gonna get drafted at QB

Just give me a guy with some potential

From what I read about Lynch's pro day, he showed the ability to throw in strong winds, which is needed for a QB playing at the Ralph.

EJ Manuel threw for us in the wind AND a downpour rain.......just sayin

I'm in the Cardale camp...No question he's going need time to develop...But they all are to an extent...I think he's a fit for what the Bills want to do long term under Rex...His arm is legit...He's a big dude that can run really well...It may be a good thing that he has not had enough time to develop a ton of poor habits...We'll see...Maybe Roman can mold him into something really, really special...Because I think his ceiling is very high...

My feeling is...based on the assumption that they are all going to need work...Cardale gives you 1st Round talent without having to use a 1st round pick... B-)

This is a pretty good take in my opinion

It also doesnt create a locker room issue by drafting a 1st round QB.....Tyrod is the guy.....Jones could be the future