Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?

Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do want the Bills to draft?

• Connor Cook, MSU (Projected Round 1-2)
    • Cardale Jones, OSU (Projected Round 3-4)
    • Dak Prescott, Miss State (Projected Round 4-5)
    • Brandon Doughty, WKU (Projected Round 5-6)
    • Kevin Hogan, Stanford (Projected Round 6)
    • Brandon Allen, Arkansas (Projected Round 6-7)
    • Nate Sudfeld, IU (Projected Round 7)
    • Vernon Adams, Jr., Oregon (Projected Round 7)
    • Jake Coker, Alabama (Projected Round 7)
    • Jeff Driskell, La Tech (Projected Round 7)
    • Would prefer they don't use a draft pick and wait to sign a UDFA (i.e. Jake Rudock, UM, Marquise Williams, UNC)
    • Prefer they don't add a rookie QB at all

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills want a player like Tyrod to back him up as a like-for-like developmental QB, I'd take Trevone Boykin before I touch most of them.

that is a good idea. I'd also bring in Terrell Hunt form Syracuse as an UDFA, regardless of if they draft a QB or not. Guy has talent, also had the injury bug the last two years.

Im going to hold this for next year and then when the next years draft comes around it will be said "Next years class is better"

i actually said next year's class was going to be really good. I didn't say it would be better. I have no idea if it will be better, no one does. It looks like it will be good though. Just as this year's is good.

i actually said next year's class was going to be really good. I didn't say it would be better. I have no idea if it will be better, no one does. It looks like it will be good though. Just as this year's is good.

The point that there is a "premature onset buyer's remorse" phenomena when it comes to QBs is true though. And it might not be limited to fans in the stands. Some drafting histories read like a playbook and the results smack of futility. QB is quite simply the most important position on a football team. Moreso now than ever.

The point that there is a "premature onset buyer's remorse" phenomena when it comes to QBs is true though. And it might not be limited to fans in the stands. Some drafting histories read like a playbook and the results smack of futility. QB is quite simply the most important position on a football team. Moreso now than ever.

i wasn't actually referring to the QB class. I was referring to the draft class as a whole. I then agreed with the poster about Watson being a great prospect.

I didn't state any positions in the post, but I've said before it looks particularly strong at EDGE and RB.

Edited by YoloinOhio

When you look at the current roster in detail it becomes pretty obvious that QB is a big need athat the Bills are indeed postioning themselves to take a QB.

Rex is a defensive minded coach and will be prone to push for a defensive player (likely a DL or ILB) in R1 and even R2.

However, I wouldn't put it past Whaley to trade down in R1 from #19 overall to obtain another high pick (possibly another R2 pick) so that the Bills can still obtain two defensive starters in R2 and select their QB of the future late in R1.

I voted for QB Paxton Lynch and he should be there late in R1. He is 6'-7" and very, very mobile for his size. He has an absolute rocket arm. He reminds me of QB Joe Flacco, but is much more mobile.

Lynch has the potential to be the very best QB in the 2016 Draft, which is why the Bills may maneuver to get him late in R1.

I've seen many, many mock drafts this year and none of them seem worthwhile without having acquired a very promising young QB.

In the scenario mentioned above the Bills would have the following picks and could fill their needs as follows:

R1 - QB P. Lynch

R2 - DE

R2 - ILB

R3 - DT

R4 - SS

R4 - OG/OT

R5 - CB

R6 - DT/NT

R6 - WR.

Stealing Kirby's post from another thread about Philly moving up to #2 and what it does to QB values.

Just thinking out loud but do the QB trade ups force other QBs down the board in round 2 and beyond? I would presume that Paxton Lynch goes in round1 as well. Let's just say for the sake of argument that he goes to SF. It doesn't really matter where but call it SF. At that point the Jets, Broncos, Browns, Cardinals and Bills are 5 teams that are looking at QB still. I guess that the question is with less competition and threats to select a QB (LA, Philly & SF) do these teams go elsewhere and pick the QB as they see value. For example does Denver take someone like Connor Cook or do they take BPA and wait on someone that they perceive to be better value (Brandon Allen for example)? Or does the opposite happen and these other QBs get pushed up? Do teams start reaching to get the best of the 3rd tier or do they wait and try to get better value?

Considering most of this thread is semi-onboard with Jones, if there is a run on QBs and it pushes them up the board, how early are you willing to take him? 3rd round?

Stealing Kirby's post from another thread about Philly moving up to #2 and what it does to QB values.

Considering most of this thread is semi-onboard with Jones, if there is a run on QBs and it pushes them up the board, how early are you willing to take him? 3rd round?

3rd round is about as high as I'd go

Cfm__5rUMAA7UEV.jpg

Honestly, i would love this pickup.

But i hope they find a project they feel good about in the 4th or later

When you look at the current roster in detail it becomes pretty obvious that QB is a big need athat the Bills are indeed postioning themselves to take a QB.

Rex is a defensive minded coach and will be prone to push for a defensive player (likely a DL or ILB) in R1 and even R2.

However, I wouldn't put it past Whaley to trade down in R1 from #19 overall to obtain another high pick (possibly another R2 pick) so that the Bills can still obtain two defensive starters in R2 and select their QB of the future late in R1.

I voted for QB Paxton Lynch and he should be there late in R1. He is 6'-7" and very, very mobile for his size. He has an absolute rocket arm. He reminds me of QB Joe Flacco, but is much more mobile.

Lynch has the potential to be the very best QB in the 2016 Draft, which is why the Bills may maneuver to get him late in R1.

I've seen many, many mock drafts this year and none of them seem worthwhile without having acquired a very promising young QB.

In the scenario mentioned above the Bills would have the following picks and could fill their needs as follows:

R1 - QB P. Lynch

R2 - DE

R2 - ILB

R3 - DT

R4 - SS

R4 - OG/OT

R5 - CB

R6 - DT/NT

R6 - WR.

If they are dead set on Lynch Whaley sure as HELL better be adding picks in the second and third !

dammit !

I would be fine with Dak Prescott in the 5th round or Cardale Jones in the 4th. Nobody sooner. There's just too many other glaring needs to place a priority in drafting a backup that may or may not sniff the field.