Liberal Protests

B-Man

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Hey Tiberius - While I don't always agree with your views I respect your thoughts and as you seem to have a handle on the pulse of the African-American community I'd like to share my honest thoughts and get your feedback. 

The Jacob Blake shooting troubles me.  Both because I see it as a case where excessive force seems to have been used and the social reactions that followed.  I've listened and read comments and statements from various sources from sports personalities to people on the street.  Most seem to be saying they believe motivating factor behind the police shooting the suspect was his race.  And if all other things were equal and the encounter with the police was exactly the same and the suspect was white they would not have shot him.  Is that really the majority view of the African-American community?   My conclusion is they would have shot the suspect under those circumstances if he was White or Asian or Hispanic, or Native American.  It wouldn't have mattered.  And I base this conclusion on statistics that report the number of police shootings where the most common race of the suspect shot is white.  Along with this I've seen interviews where black's are asked to provide a number of how many black and white suspects police shoot.  The answers do not correlate to the actual data, they are way, way off.  Why is the perception of the community so far away from the actual statistics?  And if police presence in the community is a problem why do recent surveys report that African-Americans responses reported that 81% of those surveyed want the same amount of police patrols or more? 

This guy was yielding a knife, he was white, the cops were right there and they just let him be. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Those 2 guys were racist POS's but it's not even close to the same thing.  Had they actually gone after anyone, the cops would have taken them down.

This.

Yes, the racist was threatening people with a knife, nothing happened even with police right there. Had that been a black guy threatening white people he would have a ticket on his toe 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

A man who's never met a lie he doesn't love to spread :lol: 

At a certain point this isnt even on Schiff anymore, as vile as he is. The fact that he  continues to outright lie to people, not with different lies, but the exact same lie puts the onus on the morons who continue to believe him.

• Like (+1) 5

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This would be funny if it weren't true:

It's a strange message.  Republicans are doing the same thing attacking Biden is responsible for the crime bill and then saying he's soft on crime.  It's confusing.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's a strange message.  Republicans are doing the same thing attacking Biden is responsible for the crime bill and then saying he's soft on crime.  It's confusing.

Not really.  Both won't be a good look for him come debate time.

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

what’s perplexing is Biden‘s stance on anything. Biden isn’t tough on crime, he’s confused what to do about it. 

Kamala isn’t though. She’ll lock you up for anything, with or w/o a DNA test. 

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Crime Bill speech on the floor in 1993 (on c-span where he said he was one of the primary architects of the sentencing committee), 27 years later, Joe has  apparently "evolved" and cannot bring himself to condemn the rioting and looting in the Democratic cities. 

Why can Biden not come out and ask the rioters and looters to stop? Why doesn't Joe come out and ask Ted Wheeler and Kate Brown to request Trump activate the National Guard?  If he is not soft on crime, he is soft on anarchists, rioters, and looters, instead encouraging that behavior with his silence. Maybe that would be more accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The problems is the crime bill he sponsored treated 5 time drug users similar to murderers. It was "tough on crime" but not the kind that helps out communities.

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Unarmed people being shot could be mentally ill ,  high on drugs , would rather die then go back to prison , police have a tough choice to make in a instant.

...same goes for ARMED people and where police STILL have an instantaneous "life or death" decision......exclude me..my retired cop buddies shared some horrifying stories of their training ......think it takes a rare breed to do so and the propensity for bad calls will exist......human nature/reaction.....and who is to judge whether unintended or intended (for personal biases)?...vividly remember two training videos my buddies described for routine traffic stops.....(1) lean inside the vehicle and there was a trunk mounted shotgun to blow your head off with driver having the trigger...or...(2)....open the car door in a routine stop and there was a shotgun mounted inside the door jamb to blow your lowers away.....cannot imagine the "advancements" today.............

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

You need a permanent banning.  Using the term Gestapo makes light of the millions of victims that suffered at the hands of the real Gestapo.  You know the one that operated in a nation where no dissenting speech was allowed at all.   The nation where no due process was allowed.  Get back to me about the Gestapo when the media is one hundred percent gagged in its criticism of Trump.  When the courts become predetermined appendages of the rulers.  You are an idiot!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1