Liberal Protests

B-Man

Man pulls knife, yells n-word at protesters, cops watch and do nothing

https://www.newsbreak.com/new-york/buffalo/news/2050441471033/video-man-with-knife-in-buffalo-shouts-n-word-while-police-watch

An armed man shouted the 'n-word' repeatedly at protesters with a knife in his hands. Buffalo police seem to not stop, confront or shoot him. Police in Kenosha, Wisconsin claim they shot Jacob Blake because he was either holding a knife or getting a knife from his car. However, in the video below, police in Buffalo allowed an angry, aggressive man holding a knife to berate protesters. The incident looks like it happened on Hertel, judging from the landmarks, but I am not 100 percent sure. This hypocrisy is part of the reason Black Americans and allies are so upset and fed up. The video was posted on Shaun King's Instagram page, so the full context is not known. What is known is that this hostile man is screaming the 'n-word' right in front of a Buffalo police officer. Rather than stop the man, the police officer, whose window is rolled down, so it can be assumed he can here the man's threatening tone, does nothing to stop him (at least from what we can see in the couple minutes of video). The man is then barricaded by what looks like protesters with bikes, who attempt to block him from approaching any of the other protesters. Someone in the crowd screams, 'He's got a knife.'

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.newsbreak.com/new-york/buffalo/news/2050441471033/video-man-with-knife-in-buffalo-shouts-n-word-while-police-watch

An armed man shouted the 'n-word' repeatedly at protesters with a knife in his hands. Buffalo police seem to not stop, confront or shoot him. Police in Kenosha, Wisconsin claim they shot Jacob Blake because he was either holding a knife or getting a knife from his car. However, in the video below, police in Buffalo allowed an angry, aggressive man holding a knife to berate protesters. The incident looks like it happened on Hertel, judging from the landmarks, but I am not 100 percent sure. This hypocrisy is part of the reason Black Americans and allies are so upset and fed up. The video was posted on Shaun King's Instagram page, so the full context is not known. What is known is that this hostile man is screaming the 'n-word' right in front of a Buffalo police officer. Rather than stop the man, the police officer, whose window is rolled down, so it can be assumed he can here the man's threatening tone, does nothing to stop him (at least from what we can see in the couple minutes of video). The man is then barricaded by what looks like protesters with bikes, who attempt to block him from approaching any of the other protesters. Someone in the crowd screams, 'He's got a knife.'

Hey Tiberius - While I don't always agree with your views I respect your thoughts and as you seem to have a handle on the pulse of the African-American community I'd like to share my honest thoughts and get your feedback. 

The Jacob Blake shooting troubles me.  Both because I see it as a case where excessive force seems to have been used and the social reactions that followed.  I've listened and read comments and statements from various sources from sports personalities to people on the street.  Most seem to be saying they believe motivating factor behind the police shooting the suspect was his race.  And if all other things were equal and the encounter with the police was exactly the same and the suspect was white they would not have shot him.  Is that really the majority view of the African-American community?   My conclusion is they would have shot the suspect under those circumstances if he was White or Asian or Hispanic, or Native American.  It wouldn't have mattered.  And I base this conclusion on statistics that report the number of police shootings where the most common race of the suspect shot is white.  Along with this I've seen interviews where black's are asked to provide a number of how many black and white suspects police shoot.  The answers do not correlate to the actual data, they are way, way off.  Why is the perception of the community so far away from the actual statistics?  And if police presence in the community is a problem why do recent surveys report that African-Americans responses reported that 81% of those surveyed want the same amount of police patrols or more? 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Those 2 guys were racist POS's but it's not even close to the same thing.  Had they actually gone after anyone, the cops would have taken them down.

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Hey Tiberius - While I don't always agree with your views I respect your thoughts and as you seem to have a handle on the pulse of the African-American community I'd like to share my honest thoughts and get your feedback. 

The Jacob Blake shooting troubles me.  Both because I see it as a case where excessive force seems to have been used and the social reactions that followed.  I've listened and read comments and statements from various sources from sports personalities to people on the street.  Most seem to be saying they believe motivating factor behind the police shooting the suspect was his race.  And if all other things were equal and the encounter with the police was exactly the same and the suspect was white they would not have shot him.  Is that really the majority view of the African-American community?   My conclusion is they would have shot the suspect under those circumstances if he was White or Asian or Hispanic, or Native American.  It wouldn't have mattered.  And I base this conclusion on statistics that report the number of police shootings where the most common race of the suspect shot is white.  Along with this I've seen interviews where black's are asked to provide a number of how many black and white suspects police shoot.  The answers do not correlate to the actual data, they are way, way off.  Why is the perception of the community so far away from the actual statistics?  And if police presence in the community is a problem why do recent surveys report that African-Americans responses reported that 81% of those surveyed want the same amount of police patrols or more? 

This.

59 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The amount of police shootings in all of the USA of unarmed people break down like this in I believe 2019 but the figures are quite similar in the past few years:

Black men----9

White men----19

Consider that "unarmed" means the perp didn't have a weapon but may have been attacking the police with physicality. Also mistakes can be made ie. in the dark a cell phone or other object may appear as if it is a gun. With the sheer amount of encounters that there are between police and the public these figures do not seem out of hand. Our wonderful media makes a big deal out of all of the black deaths at the hands of police but remain virtually silent about the white deaths. They purposely blow things out of proportion and stoke the fires of discontent among the black community and their white liberal lackeys. 

image.png.8a7d1e8ccfbcbdb8342b394935a815d6.png

Pick one of the following to use whenever you need to destroy one of "theirs," but not one of "yours":

Yeah, but it's not the same....

OK, still you gotta' remember....

It's not the same, the statue has got to....

So, he was Native American....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

The amount of police shootings in all of the USA of unarmed people break down like this in I believe 2019 but the figures are quite similar in the past few years:

Black men----9

White men----19

Consider that "unarmed" means the perp didn't have a weapon but may have been attacking the police with physicality. Also mistakes can be made ie. in the dark a cell phone or other object may appear as if it is a gun. With the sheer amount of encounters that there are between police and the public these figures do not seem out of hand. Our wonderful media makes a big deal out of all of the black deaths at the hands of police but remain virtually silent about the white deaths. They purposely blow things out of proportion and stoke the fires of discontent among the black community and their white liberal lackeys. 

That's in alignment with the stats I've seen.  I'm not going to claim that racial bias doesn't exist.  But I don't see it as the motivating factor in the Blake shooting and I see no objective data or statistics in any form that support to theory that America is a "systemically racist" country.  All I see and hear are subjective and anecdotal stores and pseudo-science conclusions, many using historical references of wrong and immoral actions and proclaiming they somehow still exist without providing any data points.

Attributing the primary cause of problems faced by inner city communities of color to "racial bias" is dangerous because it not only identifies the wrong cause but it also results in actions that seek to solve the wrong problem.  I'd argue we could resolve whatever perceived or real "bias" there is and still not improve the lives of the people in these communities. The root issues are what impacts the social-economic conditions for citizens of these communities.  Statistics point to two main factors, low income and poor education.  Fix these problems and the rest will take care of itself.

A real life example of this search for racial bias is in my job working with analytics.  A team in my organization was studying the problem of inner city communities and the level and extent of health care services they received.  This study was generated as a result of the COVID outbreak.  I suspect somebody wanted confirmation of their conclusions on race bias backed by some "scientific" study.

The team concluded "racial bias" was a primary factor in low utilization rates and availability of health care services.  Surprise.  I asked them what data and statistics they had to "prove" their theory.  None really,  correlation is not causality.  I suggested income level was the primary driver for low utilization and provision of health care services.   I asked them to test their race theory with data on affluent minorities and confirm that race resulted in them receiving poor health care services.  They could not.  I also asked them if race explains why poor, rural whites received inadequate health care services.  And they were dumbfounded by the question.  The insight here is even with ACA and other legislation rich people get better health care services which is no big secret.  Of course me doing so and questioning the "gospel" could put me at great risk of being exposed as a "non-believer".     

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1