Chandler Jones is gone from the AFCE! Traded to Cards

FireChan

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NE has had some terrible misses that don't look as bad as ours because of Brady.

That said, it's a numbers game. Some of their biggest hits have come in years they have had multiple 2nd rounders.

Its why draft picks are so valuable. The more picks you have, the more chances you have to win the lottery.

I noticed the same (unfortunate) trend.

the genius doesn't like dumb players.....

Jones, 26, was hospitalized two months ago after showing up shirtless and disoriented at the Foxborough Police station because of a bad reaction to a substance he put in his body. He later apologized, referring to the incident as "a pretty stupid mistake."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14980555/chandler-jones-traded-new-england-patriots-arizona-cardinals-jonathan-cooper-draft-pick

they took Dobson in the 2nd? Gross.

Yeah I've stayed out of the Hogan thread for the most part but BB is very bad at drafting WR talent. Jeremy Gallon, Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce, Jeremy Ebert, and Taylor Price going back to 2010. 2009 They hit on Edelman in the 7th but missed on Brandon Tate in the 3rd.

Jones, 26, was hospitalized two months ago after showing up shirtless and disoriented at the Foxborough Police station because of a bad reaction to a substance he put in his body. He later apologized, referring to the incident as "a pretty stupid mistake."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14980555/chandler-jones-traded-new-england-patriots-arizona-cardinals-jonathan-cooper-draft-pick

he loves one dumb player!

I noticed the same (unfortunate) trend.

They aren't a great drafting team. But they always trade down and load up on picks.

As much as we act like the draft is a science, it's a crapshoot. You want as many chances to get lucky as you can. The whole Franchise is built on a 6th round pick.

I still would rather have Jones than a G though.

He liked a murderer.

This really surprises me. It is like when they dealt Richard Seymour in his prime. I guess that they get a starting OL and probably an extra DL with the depth there this year. I would never trade a dollar for 4 quarters though.

I thought the same thing. Dumping Seymour was a huge mistake. Theyre such clowns

Good trade for both sides. Cooper fills a need to help out their offensive line while they get a good pick on top of it. The Cards give up a lot but they get a stud defender. I like the trade more for the Cards as I think pass rushers are always at a premium but the Pats* got a pretty good haul for him. Throw in the fact that he is a bit of a risky player off the field makes this a sensible trade for both sides.

Edited by billsfan89

This is a great move for the Bills.

We could never Sack Brady with a crap O-Line, so the Cheats improving the O-Line has no effect on the Bills.

Chandler Jones would wreck havoc when he was in the lineup so now we don't have to worry about that.

On paper it looks great move for the Pats too but in regard to the specific net effect on a Sunday matchup against the Bills, it shouldn't hurt the Bills.

Good trade for both sides. Cooper fills a need to help out their offensive line while they get a good pick on top of it. The Cards give up a lot but they get a stud defender. I like the trade more for the Cards as I think pass rushers are always at a premium but the Pats* got a pretty good haul for him.

Cooper has been a complete bust up to this point. Now maybe one of the greatest o-line coaches of all time can squeeze something out of him but even if that happens he is also a fa next year. I won't disagree that this is a pretty good deal for both sides but right now if I had to pick a winner I think it is the Cards as they got the best player in the deal. As I showed up thread the draft and specifically the second round hasn't been anything but a crap shoot for the Pats* and Cooper got benched last year for the Cards.

The trade at present heavily favors the Cards, who get a Pro Bowl DE. The Pats get a bust former 1st round OG who has 1 year left on his contract, and a mid-2nd rounder. Either Cooper or that 2nd rounder would need to become a Pro Bowler.

The trade at present heavily favors the Cards, who get a Pro Bowl DE. The Pats get a bust former 1st round OG who has 1 year left on his contract, and a mid-2nd rounder. Either Cooper or that 2nd rounder would need to become a Pro Bowler.

They would be losing Jones anyway next year Doc. It's a short term weakness for longevity.

Edited by FireChan

They would be losing Jones anyway next year Doc. It's a short term weakness for longevity.

I understand the motive behind it. But it still weakens them short term and their SB window is closing rapidly.

I understand the motive behind it. But it still weakens them short term and their SB window is closing rapidly.

The AFC is wide open, Denver got picked by the FA crows and Pittsburgh lost one of its weapons for season. Sure they will both still be competitive but the Patsies have to be the leader in the clubhouse just because of Brady and BB. Yuck.

Nice trade for Arizona. Jones won't be expected to turn around the defense by himself (as usually is the case with a trade like this) because Arizona already is stacked. Ranked 20th in sacks last year, they got exactly what they needed. The supporting cast will make him look even better.

Belichick is a genius when it comes to identifying other teams' castoffs who fit well in his system. But he's hardly a draft guru, and that #2 doesn't scare me. I like this trade for the Bills.