Chandler Jones is gone from the AFCE! Traded to Cards

FireChan

Walsh's last year in SF was 1988. Yoing didn't become a full time starter until 1992.

The team that lost 5 more games than the previous year and didn't make the playoffs after going to the SB the year before?

He's a really good coach whose success is tied to one of the greatest players ever.

AKA a really cute way of saying they went 11-5 with an eventual career back-up at the helm in his first start since high school, and he's not a great coach.

IMO, you switch Peyton's HC's with BB and he's the one with tons of SB appearances and rings. Brady would still be a SB winner, but he doesn't enjoy the same level of success he's had.

Which coach is better than BB who hasn't had a great QB?

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walsh's last year in SF was 1988. Yoing didn't become a full time starter until 1992.

The team that lost 5 more games than the previous year and didn't make the playoffs after going to the SB the year before?

He's a really good coach whose success is tied to one of the greatest players ever. Joe Gibbs won 3 SBs with 3 different Qbs, none who are close to be in the discussion of greatest qb ever. That's a much better coaching job IMO.

Bad recollection on my part.

AKA a really cute way of saying they went 11-5 with an eventual career back-up at the helm in his first start since high school, and he's not a great coach.

IMO, you switch Peyton's HC's with BB and he's the one with tons of SB appearances and rings. Brady would still be a SB winner, but he doesn't enjoy the same level of success he's had.

Which coach is better than BB who hasn't had a great QB?

Cassel is awful now but did make the playoffs with the Chiefs.

Like I said, BB is a really good coach. But riding one player to all your success isn't the sign of being the greatest coach ever. Gibbs was a better coach but will never get the credit.

Cassel is awful now but did make the playoffs with the Chiefs.

Like I said, BB is a really good coach. But riding one player to all your success isn't the sign of being the greatest coach ever. Gibbs was a better coach but will never get the credit.

Uh, HOF gameplan in the SB vs. us. How many did he win as the DC for the G-Men?

The Pats went to the first SB after Brady threw 18 TD's and 12 INT's. Brady threw 1 TD and 1 INT in the post season. They won the Superbowl. How did he "ride" him to success then?

Gibbs was a helluva coach winning basically with three different teams. I still love Parcels. wins 2 SB, turns around the Pats, then the Jets from the dumps in a heartbeat, and created a top roster with Dallas, but of course Jerry got in the way. His only miss was in personnel in Miami.

God Tampa fans hated Parcels though as he stood us up at the alter twice. It's why we brought in Gruden. Parcels was our first pick. BB is the best coach of this era. I hate the GOAT arguments for players or coaches, as you can't compare eras.

Uh, HOF gameplan in the SB vs. us. How many did he win as the DC for the G-Men?

The Pats went to the first SB after Brady threw 18 TD's and 12 INT's. Brady threw 1 TD and 1 INT in the post season. They won the Superbowl. How did he "ride" him to success then?

Best qb ever.

Gibbs was a helluva coach winning basically with three different teams. I still love Parcels. wins 2 SB, turns around the Pats, then the Jets from the dumps in a heartbeat, and created a top roster with Dallas, but of course Jerry got in the way. His only miss was in personnel in Miami.

God Tampa fans hated Parcels though as he stood us up at the alter twice. It's why we brought in Gruden. Parcels was our first pick. BB is the best coach of this era. I hate the GOAT arguments for players or coaches, as you can't compare eras.

You're right about the Goat point. It's kinda silly to argue it. Bottom line is they are all good coaches.

Just that Belichick is overrated. :)

Best QB ever, throwing 190 YPG in the postseason. Yep, Brady was surely crowned during that SB.

Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, & Joe Theisman >>>>> Tom Brady

I missed all his success as a head coach prior to Tom Brady. Amazing how much an all time great qb helps. See Bill Ealsh with and without Montana.

Yes, yes........we know.........you think Belichick is just Dick Jauron with a great QB.

Still the most ridiculous take in the history of TSW........but at least you own it.

Yes, yes........we know.........you think Belichick is just Dick Jauron with a great QB.

Still the most ridiculous take in the history of TSW........but at least you own it.

Haha. So predictable. And yup, I owe facts. Prior to his last year with the Bills, Jauron had a better winning % than Belichick prior to Tom Brady. Fact.

Belichick is a hall of famer. But do I think a lot of cos he's would be quite successful with Brady? Of course.

Haha. So predictable. And yup, I owe facts. Prior to his last year with the Bills, Jauron had a better winning % than Belichick prior to Tom Brady. Fact.

Belichick is a hall of famer. But do I think a lot of cos he's would be quite successful with Brady? Of course.

Huh?

BB had a winning percentage of .450 with Cleveland.

DJ had .438 with Chicago. DJ had .438 prior to his last year with the Bills.

Why are you ignoring a year bad enough that DJ got fired?

Edited by FireChan

Huh?

BB had a winning percentage of .450 with Cleveland.

DJ had .438 with Chicago. DJ had .438 prior to his last year with the Bills.

Why are you ignoring a year bad enough that DJ got fired?

That's not counting Belichick's 19 or so games in NE prior to Mo Lewis changing their franchises history. I think he was like 6-13 (he went 5-11 his first year in NE and was like 1-2 to start the next year) or something like that in NE prior Brady.

And this is an old argument that he always brings up. When we argued it, it was prior to Jauron's last year in Buffalo.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

That's not counting Belichick's 19 or so games in NE prior to Mo Lewis changing their franchises history. I think he was like 6-13 (he went 5-11 his first year in NE and was like 1-2 to start the next year) or something like that in NE prior Brady.

And this is an old argument that he always brings up. When we argued it, it was prior to Jauron's last year in Buffalo.

Ah, makes sense.

Amazing how many here are on their knees grabbing at bellichek's zipper.

Brady is the guy. BB Don't exist without Tom Terrific

I've always though Brady has benefited from Belichick's schemes and game planning. Not to mention his ability to construct a defense (which has been critical in all of the Pats SB teams).

Regarding Jones, they know they're not going to pay him next year so they unload him for a player at a need position and a pick. It's a smart, bold move and it's how you don't end up with a lazy $16M player like Mario or a franchised tagged malcontent like Byrd. Too bad the Bills can't show more that kind of foresight.

I've always though Brady has benefited from Belichick's schemes and game planning. Not to mention his ability to construct a defense (which has been critical in all of the Pats SB teams).

Regarding Jones, they know they're not going to pay him next year so they unload him for a player at a need position and a pick. It's a smart, bold move and it's how you don't end up with a lazy $16M player like Mario or a franchised tagged malcontent like Byrd. Too bad the Bills can't show more that kind of foresight.

Mario's cap hit and down year made him virtually untradeable and Byrd's position and lingering PF did the same for him.

@PFWeekly

Could Scarnechia’s return to coach #Patriots O-line unlock new OG Cooper’s potential? http://shawurl.com/2h8y

Cd2fGefWwAEC4-b.jpg

@Patriots

@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted New England Patriots

Including new safeties coach Steve Belichick.

This can't be right because nepotism in the NFL only happens with Rex and the Bills. :rolleyes:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz