Chandler Jones is gone from the AFCE! Traded to Cards

FireChan

nice move for pats. opens up cap space, get a nice pick in a draft full of def prospects.

LOL! Not sure how you get that it's a nice move when it removes a Pro Bowl DE and they get an average OG and a mid-2nd rounder in return.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it is the pats and therefore......Tom Brady....that is the ONLY reason why this trade is being applauded.....

Chandler is a friggen stud......but they dont need him cause they have Tom Brady

Well that and the fact they can't re-sign him, and are trading him with a year left to get something. Something some Bills fans scream to do every season.

Long term it sets them up with an extra pick and they won't have to pay Jones or lose him for nothing but a comp pick.

Short term, it makes the Pats worse. They can draft a pass rusher in the 2nd, but no guarantee a 2nd round rookie will be as good as Jones.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I love this trade. Makes a lot of sense for both teams. Arizona was a pass rusher away from having a really dominant defense. The Pats* need to protect Brady at all costs.

Personally, I feel that a pass rusher is much more important than a G but the 2nd round pick makes it more even. Cool trade though and hopefully it ends up hurting NE.

Long term it sets them up with an extra pick and they won't have to pay Jones or lose him for nothing but a comp pick.

Short term, it makes the Pats worse. They can draft a pass rusher in the 2nd, but no guarantee a 2nd round rookie will be as good as Jones.

Agree with this though some seem to think the Bills can replace Mario with a draft pick as well.

I love this trade. Makes a lot of sense for both teams. Arizona was a pass rusher away from having a really dominant defense. The Pats* need to protect Brady at all costs.

Personally, I feel that a pass rusher is much more important than a G but the 2nd round pick makes it more even. Cool trade though and hopefully it ends up hurting NE.

Agree with this though some seem to think the Bills can replace Mario with a draft pick as well.

replacing a cardboard cut out is different than replacing Chandler Jones.

There are several B&M department stores who are getting rid of mannequins.

They got a bust and a very late second round pick for Chandler Jones. If Dante Scarnecchia (sp?) can work his magic maybe this will be a good deal for the pats*. In the short term they definitely got worse. Here are the Pats* second round picks lately too...

2015 Jordan Richards (Reach - inactive a lot)

2014 Jimmy Garrapolo (meh)

2013 Jamie Collins (Big Hit)

2013 Aaron Dobson (bust)

2012 Tavon Wilson (bust)

2011 Ras-I Dowling (bust)

2011 Shane Vereen (3rd down back not re-signed)

2010 gronk (big hit)

2010 Jermaine Cunningham (miss)

2010 Brandon Spikes

2009 Pat Chung (hit)

2009 Ron Brace (miss)

2009 Darius Butler (miss)

2008 Terrence Wheatley (miss)

2006 Chad Jackson (miss)

So in the last 10 years they have 8 misses, 3 big hits, 2 contributors, and 2 non contributors. Add in the fact that it is a very late 2nd and I don't think this is the great deal for NE some believe.

BTW, Cooper is signed just through this season.

Yup so if he plays extremely well he will also cost a chunk to re-sign. Not nearly as much as Jones but if his career gets resurrected it will still cost them some coin.

They got a bust and a very late second round pick for Chandler Jones. If Dante Scarnecchia (sp?) can work his magic maybe this will be a good deal for the pats*. In the short term they definitely got worse. Here are the Pats* second round picks lately too...

2013 Aaron Dobson (bust)

2012 Tavon Wilson (bust)

2010 gronk (big hit)

2010 Brandon Spikes

2009 Pat Chung (hit)

2009 Ron Brace (miss)

2006 Chad Jackson (miss)

So in the last 10 years they have 8 misses, 3 big hits, 2 contributors, and 2 non contributors. Add in the fact that it is a very late 2nd and I don't think this is the great deal for NE some believe.

How dare you expose Belichick as anything less than a genius!

2013 Aaron Dobson (bust)

2012 Tavon Wilson (bust)

2010 gronk (big hit)

2010 Brandon Spikes

2009 Pat Chung (hit)

2009 Ron Brace (miss)

2006 Chad Jackson (miss)

Yup so if he plays extremely well he will also cost a chunk to re-sign. Not nearly as much as Jones but if his career gets resurrected it will still cost them some coin.

NE has had some terrible misses that don't look as bad as ours because of Brady.

That said, it's a numbers game. Some of their biggest hits have come in years they have had multiple 2nd rounders.

Its why draft picks are so valuable. The more picks you have, the more chances you have to win the lottery.

2013 Aaron Dobson (bust)

2012 Tavon Wilson (bust)

2010 gronk (big hit)

2010 Brandon Spikes

2009 Pat Chung (hit)

2009 Ron Brace (miss)

2006 Chad Jackson (miss)

they took Dobson in the 2nd? Gross.

How dare you expose Belichick as anything less than a genius!

The only bad thing in doing that research is that it seems on years he has more than one pick in the second one of them ends up being a home run lol.