Kerley visiting the bills-Signed by Detroit

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's eh. He's ok but you can do much, much better.

We can sign other guys besides former 8-8 Jets right?

Considering that every year in which he played for Rex, he's had more receptions than Hogan, I'd say Kerley would be an upgrade.

And likely a cheap one.

To boot, he wouldn't count against us for compensatory picks next year.

If he'll take $2M per, let's get him in the fold and move on to finding an inexpensive option at RT to compete and a backup center

I think he'd be a real nice signing, if he comes at a decent salary very little to lose, if he doesn't look good you hack him. I think he'd be a good slot guy, and unlike Percy he stays healthy.

Edited by billrooter

Considering that every year in which he played for Rex, he's had more receptions than Hogan, I'd say Kerley would be an upgrade.

And likely a cheap one.

If he'll take $2M per, let's get him in the fold and move on to finding an inexpensive option at RT to compete and a backup center

That's probably because he was basically their #1, no?

And likely a cheap one.

His stats have been on a decline since his 2nd year. He's fine but I would rather draft a guy. But we rarely throw across the middle anyways.

And likely a cheap one.

Betcha he won't have more receptions than Hogan next year.

That's probably because he was basically their #1, no?

It may have turned out that he got the most targets, but I don't believe that was the intent based on their roster makeup:

2011 they had Santonio Holmes, Derrick Mason, and Plaxico Burress

2012 they had Holmes, Braylon Edwards and Stephen Hill

2013 they had Holmes, Hill, and David Nelson

2014 they had Eric Decker and traded for Percy Harvin

Ewwwwww :thumbdown:

Because?

Betcha he won't have more receptions than Hogan next year.

Tom Brady can have that effect on receivers

It may have turned out that he got the most targets, but I don't believe that was the intent based on their roster makeup:

2011 they had Santonio Holmes, Derrick Mason, and Plaxico Burress

2012 they had Holmes, Braylon Edwards and Stephen Hill

2013 they had Holmes, Hill, and David Nelson

2014 they had Eric Decker and traded for Percy Harvin

Because?

Tom Brady can have that effect on receivers

True, but the talent ahead of him wasn't great(especially Hill, wow what a terrible player), and between a scared Sancho and Geno, Kerley got a ton of targets he wouldn't have on a better team.

True, but the talent ahead of him wasn't great(especially Hill, wow what a terrible player), and between a scared Sancho and Geno, Kerley got a ton of targets he wouldn't have on a better team.

Is that really a negative though?

The fact that the guy produced when there wasn't much around him probably bodes well for his ability to produce when he's surrounded by other talent.

I doubt he'll be a downgrade from Hogan.

Is that really a negative though?

The fact that the guy produced when there wasn't much around him probably bodes well for his ability to produce when he's surrounded by other talent.

I doubt he'll be a downgrade from Hogan.

So do I.

I just don't expect him to put up 800 yards ever again. The major knock against guys like Hogan and Chandler is that their numbers were based on opportunity, not talent. I think Kerley is in that camp as well. Not a real negative, because we do need a 3/4 WR and that's the talent you get at that spot.

Edited by FireChan

So do I.

I just don't expect him to put up 800 yards ever again. The major knock against guys like Hogan and Chandler is that their numbers were based on opportunity, not talent. I think Kerley is in that camp as well. Not a real negative, because we do need a 3/4 WR and that's the talent you get at that spot.

Ah okay...yes, I'm in agreement.

I'll be pleased that they filled a need if they sign him for a reasonable contract.