Report: Broncos, Browns, Jets targeting Kaepernik in trade

@mikesilver

1) What I just reported on @nflnetwork re Broncos: Colin Kaepernick is their chief target. I believe they will go after him via trade...

2) The 49ers likely want a second-round pick; Broncos may be willing to part with a third. The dance continues.

3) I'm told Kaepernick is likely willing to restructure contract to Broncos' liking... Though, to be fair, it is somewhat team-friendly...

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no but they should be trying to trade him for something. Anything.

Heard Florio this morning, talking about the insane deals for QB's in FA so far... he speculated how much the Broncos would give the Bills for Tyrod Taylor at this point...citing that the Broncos/Kubiak were very interested in Taylor last season, to back up Manning.

Of course, I would not advocate this at all (I like Tyrod) but it was food for thought!

Can we package EJ for a 3rd?

I think EJ is about as good as we can hope for as a back-up in 2016, and he is relatively inexpensive.

Edited by Buftex

I think EJ is about as good as we can hope for as a back-up in 2016, and he is relatively inexpensive.

I don't know who people think the Bills would get to be backup that would be better than EJ and at the same or lower cost.

I don't know who people think the Bills would get to be backup that would be better than EJ and at the same or lower cost.

If EJ was a free agent, Bills fans would talk themselves into as a backup to Taylor. Good size, physical tools, played in the league.

any 2nd , 3rd or 4th round draft choice

Yeah, Zach Mettneberger has been killing it.

@mmehtanydn

As I reported last month, Colin Kaepernick wants out of SF. Broncos are making strong push. Keep an eye on Browns though. #nyj

Not sure Jets have a great chance according to Manish

@rapsheet

#Browns, #Browns, #Jets in on a potential Colin Kaepernick trade. Big difference in where their 2nd round picks are: Denver's much later

Not sure why there is this sudden interest.

Colin Kaepernick has no touch on the ball. If Betty White ran a 5 yard curl he'd throw it so fast it would impale her torso.

If Kaepnerick operates solely as a glorified wildcat QB who throws 10 passes a game it'll be an upgrade on the QB play the Broncos got for a large portion of last year. Kubiak wants an offense that relies heavily on bootlegs and rollouts, Peyton (and even Osweiler) could not come close to operating that style while Kaep fits it to a T.

As for why the Browns want him? I've long quit trying to assign logic to anything the Browns do, but I'd be very surprised if the reportedly extremely conservative front office there offers anything close to what the Broncos would give up.

If Kaepnerick operates solely as a glorified wildcat QB who throws 10 passes a game it'll be an upgrade on the QB play the Broncos got for a large portion of last year. Kubiak wants an offense that relies heavily on bootlegs and rollouts, Peyton (and even Osweiler) could not come close to operating that style while Kaep fits it to a T.

As for why the Browns want him? I've long quit trying to assign logic to anything the Browns do, but I'd be very surprised if the reportedly extremely conservative front office there offers anything close to what the Broncos would give up.

apparently, Hue Jackson really wanted to draft him when he was with the Raiders.

Even though the jury is still out on him, we really got lucky that we picked up Tyrod last year. There seems to be a complete panic this year in regards to QBs, and Tyrod would not have come at the same price this year (he wouldn't come at all, IMO - too many good opportunities this year).

Here's to hoping he actually pans out and we can look back at our good fortune!