Report: Fitzy to hit the market

Were their coaching staff, the coaching staff which is supposedly better than every other teams' coaching staffs, beaten down as well? All teams have days which they have good stretches and bad stretches; games count the same whether the other team is "running for the bus" or needs this game to make the playoffs.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were their coaching staff, the coaching staff which is supposedly better than every other teams' coaching staffs, beaten down as well? All teams have days which they have good stretches and bad stretches; games count the same whether the other team is "running for the bus" or needs this game to make the playoffs.

i didn't say it didn't count - that's why I gave him credit. I just think that the win didn't look as "impressive" as it would have had they beaten them earlier in the season. It's just my opinion, clearly I'm also of the opinion that when it comes to the NFL a win is a win when it comes to the W column. I just personally view them differently in my own mind, and it didn't really surprise me that they beat the Pats and then lost to the Billls who, of course, also had multiple backups and backups' backups playing.

That said, I do not think they should pin that loss all on Fitz. Their defense gave up a ridiculous amount of rushing yards to backup RBs and Revis was roasted.

Edited by YoloinOhio

As 3/12 points out, it's a great thing for us if they have to go to Geno. The Jets are at risk as much as Fitz. With a 2 to 1 ratio last year in TD and INT's along with about 4000 yards, i don't understand the Jets position.

i know the Bradford, Osweiler deals are out of hand, but it is a market demand thing in capitalism. What makes the most sense is the Jets get back to the table and start with 10 mil / yr. for three years and $15 mil guaranteed. That's basically a 1.5 yr. commitment. They can move to 11, and at the zero hour finish at $12 mil and go proportionally to $18 mil which is still a basic commitment of two years. They'll most likely get the same out of him for one year.

It's hard to compare his earlier years as he played on crappy teams. Each side wins and everyone walks away head high. It's not like they have their next franchise QB in 2017. The earliest is 2018 given the draft, so the Jets doesn't have anything but two years locked into Fitz.

I understand markets pretty well. But I also understand market efficiency and it is not clear that the market for NFL QBs is efficient. It is not as though any team has established that you can win a championship with QBs the caliber of Oswellier or Bradford. The Texans and Eagles are not exactly teams with the winning formula. In fact the Eagles with Foles, niners with Kaep, Bills with Tyrod have sort of shown that first year QBs that other teams don't have tape on might be just as successful as low end players like Fitz.

@Sportsnet

Jets owner Woody Johnson has a message for Ryan Fitzpatrick: "Come back to the Jets." http://ow.ly/ZLTnA

CeGDg0AWIAArqXf.jpg

Here's the thing: the Jets have even less cap space than we do. They can't afford to pay him Chase Daniels money at this point. That has to be insulting.

Come on, give us Geno!!!

The Jets cave in a bit and give Fitz a 3 year 38 million dollar contract. 1st year is 3 million dollar signing bonus with a 10 million dollar base salary guaranteed. Second year is 12.5 million with little guaranteed and third year is 12.5 million no guarantee. The deal is basically a full first year guarantee at 13 million then the Jets give him a small 2.5 million guarantee on year two and the third year is basically a team option.

I think Denver would be willing to give him around 10-11 million a year so the Jets boost him up a bit to get their guy.

The Jets cave in a bit and give Fitz a 3 year 38 million dollar contract. 1st year is 3 million dollar signing bonus with a 10 million dollar base salary guaranteed. Second year is 12.5 million with little guaranteed and third year is 12.5 million no guarantee. The deal is basically a full first year guarantee at 13 million then the Jets give him a small 2.5 million guarantee on year two and the third year is basically a team option.

I think Denver would be willing to give him around 10-11 million a year so the Jets boost him up a bit to get their guy.

And just where in the hell are the JESTS going to come up with that kind of cash? :blink:

Here's the thing: the Jets have even less cap space than we do. They can't afford to pay him Chase Daniels money at this point. That has to be insulting.

Come on, give us Geno!!!

Exactly.

dxlrp2.jpg

With the 49'ers not having any serious discussions about trading Kaep, looks like Fitz is going to twisting in the wind awhile.

i think he will eventually sign with NYJ. But if I were him I'd take a lower salary to go to Denver if they have any interest.

Pretty entertaining article about Fitz and the current FA/vet QB market (BR so need to copy and paste into browser)

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2627039-leftover-qbs-learning-a-hard-lesson-the-nfl-is-just-not-that-into-them

That was pretty good, even if BR deserves every bit of its lifetime sentence for its absurd slides shows.

I hadn't really thought about Fitz in Cleveland and it does make sense, but again, clearly it would be as a one-year stop gap while the rookie develops. And even Cleveland isn't stupid enough to pay $15M for that when they already have a guy who can do the job well enough for a third the cost.

i think he will eventually sign with NYJ. But if I were him I'd take a lower salary to go to Denver if they have any interest.

I don't know about him re-signing with NYJ. If Denver can't get Kaep, I see them going after Fitz, offering him less than NYJ, but saying you have a much better chance of not only making the playoffs, but going to the SB.