OJ Knife Discovered

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is the murder weapon, and I am pretty skeptical at this point, what the heck were the investigators doing during the investigation that they couldn't find it on his property? Are you telling me they wouldn't have looked for signs of something being buried on the property and/or used some metal detectors to thoroughly look for this weapon? I mean, the guys was a celebrity icon at the time. You would have thought they would have done their due diligence, but I guess the results of the trial speak to that.

Investigators often screw the pooch.

Really. Just look at the comedy of ineptitude in the aftermath of Justice Scalia's death. ...and he was a far more important person than OJ.

Quoting unidentified law enforcement sources, TMZ reported the retired officer recently contacted a friend in the LAPD Robbery Homicide Division because he was planning to frame the knife and wanted to engrave it with the departmental record number from the Brown-Simpson murder case.

TMZ says the friend "was indignant" and reported the incident to his superiors.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/03/04/lapd-testing-knife-found-oj-simpson-estate/81316774/

I never knew that no weapon was discovered.

But the defense produced the knife -- in an envelope that became known as the "mystery envelope" in the preliminary hearing. Forensic tests later revealed that the knife was in pristine condition, with no scratches or bloodstains to suggest it had been used in the vicious double homicide.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/knife-found-on-oj-simpson-property-being-tested-by-lapd/ar-BBqllWg?ocid=spartanntp

The murder weapon wasn't needed to prove his guilt.

That's correct. OJs acquittal had nothing to do with lack of evidence.

Wonder if they will find a way to make this about race again

It's always about race. Always.

Seems conveniently timed for the miniseries on FX.

I been watching that show, its pretty cool.

That's correct. OJs acquittal had nothing to do with lack of evidence.

It's always about race. Always.

Rite what happened that got him acquitted again? I was too young to give a **** at the time, all I can remember is the South Park Johnny Chocran chewbacca argument Jokes.

If this is the murder weapon, and I am pretty skeptical at this point, what the heck were the investigators doing during the investigation that they couldn't find it on his property? Are you telling me they wouldn't have looked for signs of something being buried on the property and/or used some metal detectors to thoroughly look for this weapon? I mean, the guys was a celebrity icon at the time. You would have thought they would have done their due diligence, but I guess the results of the trial speak to that.

Johny hid it

I been watching that show, its pretty cool.

Rite what happened that got him acquitted again? I was too young to give a **** at the time, all I can remember is the South Park Johnny Chocran chewbacca argument Jokes.

Johnny Cocharan successfully cast doubt on the entire LAPD. He basically implied that they are racist and incompetent, so how can they possibly be trusted to testify, investigate and collect evidence against a black man? So, even though there was plenty of evidence it was invalid because the LAPD collected it. If they had found a bloody knife at the time then he would have just said that they planted it or improperly collected/stored it or whatever so who knows if it was really OJs.

I honestly don't know of anyone who though OJ was innocent at the time. Even my black friends who were happy with the verdict were happy because it cast light on what they say is systematic police discrimination and abuse against black people, not because an innocent man was set free.

Edited by vincec