Willie McGinest: Bills' D Will Come Together in 2016

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we have more questions heading in to 2016 than we did heading in to 2015 where there was more fear.

we seemed to be struggling @ safety. our DL generated no pressure and our LB's look to be ineffective. we need 3 starting positions for 2016. LB, DE and LB. Arguably, we need a safety.

The only thing we shirley have locked up is CB and DT...sans Kyle Williams.

So many analysts who don't follow the Bills closely say things like this because they just remember Rex was solid at defense so he'll just put it together. There is no substance to it.

Why are they going to be so improved?

They got rid of dead weight, players will be healthy again, draft picks for defense. Rex won't have Mario Williams to try and please.

So many analysts who don't follow the Bills closely say things like this because they just remember Rex was solid at defense so he'll just put it together. There is no substance to it.

Where's your substance that says they won't be any better?

Rex has never required elite talent outside of the DB's which we have. I feel as if we have reasons to think Rex has lost it, I also feel like we have reasons to give him the benefit of the doubt. 2015 was clearly a dreadful performance with very few players buying in, confusion, and poor execution. If those things don't happen in 2016, even with less talent than 2015, yes, the defense can have a massive turnaround. I don't think it's even fair to say we will have less talent in 2016 either. We lost Mario who brought little to the team in 2015. Our DB play which was already strong should get even better. Kyle should be back, if not, he didn't play most of 2015 anyway. The LB's should absolutely play better as I'm certain we will look to upgrade that position. Dooming 2016 before it happens is just as stupid as anointing Rex in 2015 before it happened.

i think we have more questions heading in to 2016 than we did heading in to 2015 where there was more fear.

we seemed to be struggling @ safety. our DL generated no pressure and our LB's look to be ineffective. we need 3 starting positions for 2016. LB, DE and LB. Arguably, we need a safety.

Exactly, a lot of questions on defense. You wonder how people like McGinest get a paycheck for this kind of 'expertise'.

Rex has never required elite talent outside of the DB's which we have. I feel as if we have reasons to think Rex has lost it, I also feel like we have reasons to give him the benefit of the doubt. 2015 was clearly a dreadful performance with very few players buying in, confusion, and poor execution. If those things don't happen in 2016, even with less talent than 2015, yes, the defense can have a massive turnaround. I don't think it's even fair to say we will have less talent in 2016 either. We lost Mario who brought little to the team in 2015. Our DB play which was already strong should get even better. Kyle should be back, if not, he didn't play most of 2015 anyway. The LB's should absolutely play better as I'm certain we will look to upgrade that position. Dooming 2016 before it happens is just as stupid as anointing Rex in 2015 before it happened.

a wise Man are you. Mike. thanks

a healthy Kyle Williams will certainly help

always with the smart remark. but it your statements have substance too. Having Kyle last year may well have helped the team. he said he wanted to remain a vocal leader. ( of course that is too much to ask when injured). and then maybe you think Kyle is washed up and too old.

Hopefully better communications, all coaches coaching. a healthier training camp and hopefully an offense which is able to practice at full speed against defense rather than having defense told to rest starters. 2015 was a bad year for injuries at same time.

Stop focusing on the small stuff.

That's not how the world works.

No doubt, just watch the comedy routine that is the GOP presidential race. Say a lie often enough it becomes truth. Seems to be the way a lot on this board function.... Statements of "fact" absent any evidence.

It comes down to the draft. If they can get a solid DE and LB they could be back to being a monster defense again. I don't get all of the questions at safety. The backend of this defense can be very solid. They safeties were bit by the injury bug last year. lB was the problem area for this defense last year.

An argument can be made that going into year two, the players might have a better grasp of the system, and hopefully we'll replace Mario with someone younger and more productive. Is it a guarantee? Nope. But the argument could be made.

What does he know? Is he even a *member* of TBD!?

I for one will hope for the best, rather than fearing the worst...

He's nobody. Reading the script in front of him written by who knows who, who knows who knows what.

I can't believe people still watch ESPN, much less actually discuss this nothingness.