Mario Williams released

@JeremyWGR

Boobie Dixon getting the heros exit while Marios is being celebrated. How you treat the media makes a huge difference (to the media).

You can take that as a positive, or a problem. I'll leave that to you. No debate that Marios contributions dwarf Dixons.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points by everyone -well, except fridge.. His undeniable apathy and lethargic play last season combined with his contract made this a Must. He'll still be effective and likely a producer if he's motivated, but that contract says Pro Bowl Player every year and a team leader in the locker room. If you're neither, it's foolish to keep you.

Overall, I'm bummed.. as usual.

All true, but playing for the Bills can do that to a player. Once they are paid, there isn't much left to play for beyond pride and glory. Not much glory playing for the Bills, and pride takes a beating when it's obviously all for naught.

I think the realization that the Bills weren't contenders again, despite the hype, had a lot to do with the performance of the defense. I think it struck them just as it struck many fans. Maybe if they had beaten the Patriots in that first game, their fortunes would have been completely different.

I expect him to sign with a contender, and be an important player for them.

Edited by HoF Watkins

All true, but playing for the Bills can do that to a player. Once they are paid, there isn't much left to play for beyond pride and glory. Not much glory playing for the Bills, and pride takes a beating when it's obviously all for naught.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've read on this board.

I think the realization that the Bills weren't contenders again, despite the hype, had a lot to do with the performance of the defense. I think it struck them just as it struck many fans. Maybe if they had beaten the Patriots in that first game, the fortunes would have been completely different.

I expect him to sign with a contender, and be an important player for them.

All due respect, this is a crock.

GO BILLS!!!

Everyone is going to be ok.

I think the Bills will find a new productive member of the front four.

Mario will have a rebound year next year for another team.

In my opinion, this parting of the ways isn't a disaster for either side.

94 in year one quit in the last two games they were against the jets/fish. IMO,because the Bills were out of the playoffs. Then he earned his checks. Last season more than one team i would guess would have benched him or cut his Arse. he quit nobody can deny that. rarely last year did he even have a double team. The opposition knew it. Apprently Rex was OK with only 10 players playing on defense. rarely has that quitting been so obvious in the NFL. Espcially a " marquee player" Happy he's gone.

Everyone is going to be ok.

I think the Bills will find a new productive member of the front four.

Mario will have a rebound year next year for another team.

In my opinion, this parting of the ways isn't a disaster for either side.

good attitude :thumbsup:

Oh go screw yourself Sully. What a miserable, bitter man. Has he ever smiled?

I have a feeling Sully wasn't alone in his sentiment among the press corps.

I have a feeling Sully wasn't alone in his sentiment among the press corps.

Which is fine... are all the others tweeting it as well? If so fair enough.... otherwise he just looks like as big of a classless arse as Mario. Keep it to yourself.

The whole defense is a mess. I can't say I wouldn't be just as frustrated as Mario. They had a good thing going for a couple of years there. Thanks Rex!

I think you and a bunch of your ilk are going to look pretty silly in 6-7 months. The Bills were 8-8 last season, not 2-14.