Mario Williams released

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's an argument to be made. If Mario had played (been allowed to play?) as well as he did the season prior, how would this play out? And, how much would he be worth?

It is tough to talk hypotheticals. Being strapped for cash either way, it would be tough to afford him. And if there was any draft class that was easy to draft his replacement, this would be the draft since it is really deep for the defensive line. We can probably get a decent player to replace him in round 2.

I think even with swartz, they would have cut him unless he took a pay cut at 8-9 mill a year, which I don't think he would go for.

He is very good in a Schwartz system not with Rex. Either way he was gone because of the salary cap.

Mario likely reworks his contract if Rex did not butcher the scheme where numerous D lineman had bad years. That said, Mario totally quit on the team and the fans who paid a lot to attend or watch the games. That is inexcusable.

Ugh, really not looking forward to him eating up our OLine for the Pats the next 3 seasons.

What a mess. While I'm proud of my usual homerism, this is one big check mark against Rex for me.

Not sure why some folks are suggesting he is going to end up in New England. He is the anti-patriot from his attitude-effort level. His recent comments about Rex meeting him in the middle.....yeah Bellichek runs a dictatorship not a democracy.