Hogan preparing to fight for his job with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hogan sucks. He's always 1 yard short of the sticks and the next tackle he breaks will be the first one. I'm not sure why you like the player. He's replacement-level.

I agree with 'the next tackle he breaks will be his first', but every team has 'jags' who play roles. He's a fine athlete and team mate -just not highly skilled. If he doesn't make the roster this year, we can take solace that we've improved.

Dig Hogan. He pushes hard every play. True Buffalo player. I expect him to push hard to be WR3

So you are saying he's high motor?

I'm surprised there haven't been more comments about the after I felt like I arrived I might've taken my foot off the gas too much tone

I agree with 'the next tackle he breaks will be his first', but every team has 'jags' who play roles. He's a fine athlete and team mate -just not highly skilled. If he doesn't make the roster this year, we can take solace that we've improved.

And if he does, not the end of the world. He's an ok depth role player. In a 4-5 role, he's fine and like you say -if someone beats him out, that's good.

I am an avowed Hogan fan he has consistently proved people who have hated on him wrong to the point that they change their success criteria for him over and over again.

Having said that.... I don't expect him back. I think there are more important RFAs for the Bills in Rambo, Bryant and Charles and possibly Powell too.

I don't think there is much between Hogan and Woods and they have Woods tied in for another year so I think they can afford to let Hogan go. Hogan will be making plays in the leagues next year though wherevee he ends up I have no doubt about that.

he consistently proves me right. He despises getting first downs. For what ever reason he takes a guaranteed first and tries to slowly run backwards behind a group of tacklers where if he were to break the 5 tackles he might get the first down. It happens damn near every time they call a route near the sticks. I find it hard to believe that two different coaches have had him run routes a couple yards short of a first every 3rd down and tell him to make every attempt to not get the first. Watch the games.

He needs play action or blown coverage to get open. He's slow and has questionable hands.

The guy sucks. I have been saying the same thing since day one. Nothing has changed. We are much better off with out him

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

he consistently proves me right. He despises getting first downs. For what ever reason he takes a guaranteed first and tries to slowly run backwards behind a group of tacklers where if he were to break the 5 tackles he might get the first down. It happens damn near every time they call a route near the sticks. I find it hard to believe that two different coaches have had him run routes a couple yards short of a first every 3rd down and tell him to make every attempt to not get the first. Watch the games.

He needs play action or blown coverage to get open. He's slow and has questionable hands.

The guy sucks. I have been saying the same thing since day one. Nothing has changed. We are much better off with out him

I mean almost all of that is wrong but there you go. You see what you want to see,

I never understood why a depth WR gets so much hate. He's athletic and a good route runner, ok hands. He can definitely be a part of a productive team... every team needs solid depth guys.

As his biggest hater I can give my reasons. He's athletic but doesn't go by people, he doesn't run good routes, has okay hands and is always short of the marker. The more touches that he gets the worse off the Bills have typically been. That probably holds true for most bottom of the depth chart guys though. In general, I am never a fan of the "try hard" guys that aren't difference makers. Also, I am told that he is a huge A-Hole.

With all of that being said, Hogan is an NFL player. He is a 4th - 5th WR type that can play when there are injuries and contribute on ST. I have no issues with a WR depth chart of: Watkins, New Guy/Harvin, Woods, Hogan/Goodwin, Hogan/Goodwin. I would have liked to have seen Easley get a chance as a WR but he is now out with that injury. If Hogan is back, great, if not you can fill his spot with a Deonte Thompson type.

Hogan isn't good, and he isn't bad. He's athletic, and large enough. He seems to actively care. Will try to contribute in any way he can.

If TT likes him as a depth option, and he's better in the day to day than some rookie or whatever. Keep him around, he's not breaking the bank.

We have gone over Woods and Hogan many times.

I bitched about each and both of last season. Till we found out the injuries they played through.

I think this post sums it up though.

Also i enjoyed the article, another little gem by Dunne.

We all agree, we need a #2 whom can draw some respect from secondaries.

Best wishes to Hogan regardless

it was just a joke

I laughed !

but it is true. Some folks are just not gonna like Chris or Robert.

all that matters is does TT like them

I mean almost all of that is wrong but there you go. You see what you want to see,

You are correct Gunner--this has been disproven in several other posts. But people are free to delude themselves with the power of mindless repetition.

Hogan is a fine 4th or 5th receiver / big body when you need one. He cannot be relied upon as the #3 and definitely not the #2, at least from what he's shown so far. We need a real #2. Woods hasn't stepped up.

The 4th and 5th guy have to play when the 1,2 or 3 can't go. He was forced into more action than the 6-8 plays we'd actually like him out there. Injuries...

I'd love to have the steelers WRs where they go 4 deep with solid options. But most team's don't have that luxury, even Brady struggled without some of his top dogs. Rodgers had a tough year without his top guy.

I'd rather fill the holes in our starting lineup before worrying about our 4/5 receiver. We will bring in rookies, he will compete for his job. This is a non-issue to me.

Edited by dneveu

Hogan is a fine 4th or 5th receiver / big body when you need one. He cannot be relied upon as the #3 and definitely not the #2, at least from what he's shown so far. We need a real #2. Woods hasn't stepped up.

maybe because of the groin injury?lol

Edited by 3rdand12