Hogan preparing to fight for his job with Bills

YoloinOhio

Ty Dunne article

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/02/23/how-chris-hogan-is-preparing-to-fight-for-his-job-with-the-bills/

"Maybe I relaxed a bit the year before when I thought I had a good year and proved myself a little bit, Hogan said. But Im back to that old underdog, me-against-the-world mentality. And Im excited to get back next season, hopefully, to Buffalo"

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can do worse than Hogan. With so many other deficiencies to worry about, and Goodwin possibly not in the mix due to the Olympics, Hogan is a solid team member. It's the #2 WR we need to worry about, not the #4 or #5.

I agree with this......its not just the position on the WR core it is someone that brings a different element......a big physical wideout that will actually fight for a ball in traffic........

We really currently do not have that on the team after Watkins. Clay is a nice player......but I would really like to see a jump ball thrown up with a warm feeling that a bill will come down with it

We can do worse than Hogan. With so many other deficiencies to worry about, and Goodwin possibly not in the mix due to the Olympics, Hogan is a solid team member. It's the #2 WR we need to worry about, not the #4 or #5.

I agree! I think Woods could be a #2, but, we MUST have another option. I used to support Goodwin, but, I think we should be done with him. I used to think Hogan was borderline, but, he is reliable and should be #4 or #5 on the roster.

The only downside I see to Hogan is the contract. And, the amount of RFAs we have. Many of the RFAs IMO are more valuable. So, I would determine it based on how the RFA chips fall. We need Wynn, Charles and Rambo for sure. And, they could be more than we hope contract wise.

Edit : Tough decisions coming up. I Billieve the FO will make the right decisions.

Edited by Manther

I agree! I think Woods could be a #2, but, we MUST have another option. I used to support Goodwin, but, I think we should be done with him. I used to think Hogan was borderline, but, he is reliable and should be #4 or #5. On the roster.

The only downside I see to Hogan is the contract. And, the amount of RFA we have. Many of the RFAs IMO are more valuable. So, I would determine it based on how the RFA chips fall. We need Wynn, Charles and Rambo for sure. And, they could be more than we hope contract wise.

Woods can't make enough plays to be a #2. They need either someone explosive or a RZ threat as the #2. If the rest of the WR were bumped down a spot on the depth chart they would be okay.

Couldn't agree more (but for the Goodwin plug....we should cut him). Hogan is valuable depth for a WR squad that was flashy but glass. Depending on you rating of Robert Woods our top 3 or 4 WRs are objectively injury prone. Ideally Hogan never plays..but if he just want to be in the league and work hard we are a good place for him IMO.

Edited by dayman

Woods can't make enough plays to be a #2. They need either someone explosive or a RZ threat as the #2. If the rest of the WR were bumped down a spot on the depth chart they would be okay.

I agree he has not filled the #2 roll. But could. But, can't be counted on to fill that roll and need another legitimate #2 option on the roster.

Considering he got many how about wording it "fighting for MORE first downs" unless all you want to is B&B (B word and Bash).

Hogan sucks. He's always 1 yard short of the sticks and the next tackle he breaks will be the first one. I'm not sure why you like the player. He's replacement-level.

I am an avowed Hogan fan he has consistently proved people who have hated on him wrong to the point that they change their success criteria for him over and over again.

Having said that.... I don't expect him back. I think there are more important RFAs for the Bills in Rambo, Bryant and Charles and possibly Powell too.

I don't think there is much between Hogan and Woods and they have Woods tied in for another year so I think they can afford to let Hogan go. Hogan will be making plays in the leagues next year though wherevee he ends up I have no doubt about that.

Easley's serious knee injury is a big concern for his return.

Hogan is ok as a back up in case of injuries and ST

Easley could be a big factor in Hogan returning because we don't know when he will be ready. Could start out on PUP and since Hogan plays ST that could free up a chance for him to hold down Easley's spot, at least initially, even if the Bills "replace" Hogan at WR3. Remember we signed Jarrett Boykin. And Greg Little, but I don't expect much there. Edited by YoloinOhio