FA NT Damon Harrison

YoloinOhio

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you on the 2nd and 3rd paragraph. But, was there ANY need for the first? It has no relevance to the thread or anything it?

The point is that I've been as critical of Rex as anyone.........his defense ruined the 2015 season.........but there is no turning back now and considering the Bills tight cap situation, keeping Kyle Williams to play in a two-gap system is just a whole lot of sentimentality.

We aren't cutting Cog, we're cutting his buddy.

If Cog is to be on a 2-year deal as reported, we should consider drafting his replacement after year 1 anyway. Bring the rookie in a year before you need him, develop him and make sure he can play, so we don't have another John Miller situation where he's getting outplayed by Kraig Urbik because he's not ready. A team with a coordinator who's as awesome at running as ours is, and who passes the ball as little as possible, should be looking for All-Pro caliber OL play, not Kraig Urbik starting at guard or the equivalent.

I would love to see Whaley spam picks on the OL and give Roman a shot at building the best running game this league has seen in a decade. This is Rex/Roman's path to a Lombardi, if such a thing exists. OL and defense baby

jmo John from Hemet, I don't expect or want everyone to agree.

The point is that I've been as critical of Rex as anyone.........his defense ruined the 2015 season.........but there is no turning back now and considering the Bills tight cap situation, keeping Kyle Williams to play in a two-gap system is just a whole lot of sentimentality.

Ok. Thanks for explaining because I didn't get the correlation at all. Now after understanding your first paragraph I totally agree with all 3.

I am not sure about that Kyle going if a Nose is brought in

NT's dont play every snap.......so on pass rush downs lining up Williams on the line would be ideal.

Wish we could get him to take a pay cut

yep. just a little something to keep him

It's a business John. You don't keep players because they are friends. I bet Ron Brooks had some buddies.

the O line is a different animal.

Communication is huge and continuity allows best communications.

don't f with the O line when it works.

But it is time to think about Eric's apprentice for sure

I'm concerned that after what happened with Fred Jackson, the Pegulas will step in and prohibit Whaley from cutting Kyle for "sentimental" reasons...

Cutting him means replacing him. There won't be a replacement who's better that we can get for the cap savings.

Not to mention- He probably can play two-gap just fine. He's stronger and more athletic than people give him credit for.

Harrison wants to get PAID. We can't afford him.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm. Well I wonder what our plan is. We need a guy that can play nose.

It's called the draft.

Or maybe a NT-type guy who might come cheap later in FA.