McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

Based on the results of the investigation, how is his conduct detrimental to the NFL?

I think the line of logic would be that throwing punches in a bar brawl--which the video clearly shows him doing--paints a poor picture of personal conduct

Agree or disagree, that'll be the justification

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If defending a friend who is being attacked is "conduct detrimental to the league," I guess we can expect to hear about Gronk being suspended for attempting to prostitute others. Because, you know, it looks bad for the league, facts be damned.

If that is what the NFL concludes he was doing, then you are right. If they don't buy that, then they certainly can suspend him based on precedent. So your previous post is incorrect.

As for the swing and a miss, apparently McCoy's story is that he didn't swing at the guy at all. The league can come to their own conclusion.

I think the line of logic would be that throwing punches in a bar brawl--which the video clearly shows him doing--paints a poor picture of personal conduct

Agree or disagree, that'll be the justification

seems weak justification but I suppose they could say he should have left his friend and let him get beat up by the cops because he plays in the NFL and should protect the "shield" instead of protecting himself and his friend. That's so Roger.

I know this will sound like a generalization, but I've been around plenty of off duty cops who were drinking. Family members on the force. There hasn't been one time where I didn't view their behavior as cocky s.o.b.'s who would not hesitate to beat your ass for looking at them. Of course it would be more than just one cop drinking together. Actually confronted a family member on the force who said he hadn't given it much thought til I mentioned it. He said I was more right than wrong. Just food for thought.

I hear ya on the cops..............

But a guy who is a world class athlete strong enough to pummel you into the next county.........they would never be cocky when drinking. Just in general..............not implying McCoy

seems weak justification but I suppose they could say he should have left his friend and let him get beat up by the cops because he plays in the NFL and should protect the "shield" instead of protecting himself and his friend. That's so Roger.

Roger might conclude that McCoy's friends did just fine beating the cops without his air-punch.

If that is what the NFL concludes he was doing, then you are right. If they don't buy that, then they certainly can suspend him based on precedent. So your previous post is incorrect.

As for the swing and a miss, apparently McCoy's story is that he didn't swing at the guy at all. The league can come to their own conclusion.

There's no reason to believe that he was doing anything other than trying to defend his friend. Seeing as how, you know, his friend was on the floor and under the cop.

And actually Shady admitted to throwing a punch, but it not landing. He might be lying, but here's no way to tell from the video and neither of his hands were injured, so there's no proof he connected. And as we've seen during games, throwing punches, even if they land, don't get you suspended.

Roger might conclude that McCoy's friends did just fine beating the cops without his air-punch.

And how would he conclude that?

Edited by Doc

Yes, definitely starting to like you

an acquired taste.

But he does have a way of growing on you.

Misunderstood ? sure. Kind and caring, lover of animals and humanity, spiritually in tune, a giver if you will. An ass et to the planet in general.

derek wolfe not facing discipline for his nightclub fight. mccoy in the clear.

I would not be so sure about that. Your statement presupposes that NFL discipline is based on logic and continuity and not on what is in the best PR benefit of the league, or Rog Goodell, which of course are pretty much the same thing. The McCoy situation may be too juicy for Roger to ignore.

I would not be so sure about that. Your statement presupposes that NFL discipline is based on logic and continuity and not on what is in the best PR benefit of the league, or Rog Goodell, which of course are pretty much the same thing. The McCoy situation may be too juicy for Roger to ignore.

So then Wolfe will be suspended?

I know it's barely on topic, but holy delayed reaction on sports radio here in Philly. Williams was right to do this on Monday, but now it's coming around again.

94.1 has been shilling pretty hard for the FOP, so they were back at again this morning.

Was it Angelo Cataldi? I wouldn't be shilling for the FOP in any way after the embarrassing release by McNesby.

Based upon how this has all played out I would presume Goodell wants to stay as far way as possible. There's an absence of criminal charges, almost certainly because it was more likely than not that McCoy's group were not the aggressors. Roger can't impose a suspension on a guy for being in a club, and he certainly can't impose one for protecting a friend -- unless there is clear and convincing evidence that wasn't the case.

I'll go on record that I'll be very surprised if McCoy faces any league discipline for this incident.

Was it Angelo Cataldi? I wouldn't be shilling for the FOP in any way after the embarrassing release by McNesby.

Indeed it was. They hitched their post pretty firmly to the FOP early on. McNesby was there in person a lot. I figured the delay would give the chance to slink away but I guessed wrong.

Indeed it was. They hitched their post pretty firmly to the FOP early on. McNesby was there in person a lot. I figured the delay would give the chance to slink away but I guessed wrong.

Figured it was him. As usual, he's far more shtick than substance.