McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 40s41 seconds ago

Sources: #Bills RB LeSean McCoy not expected to face @NFL discipline for his role in nightclub altercation. NFL investigation still ongoing.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 14s14 seconds ago

#Bills planned all offseason for some sort of LeSean McCoy suspension. With lack of evidence in his altercation, expected to be available

I'm sure after the video surfaced, they thought he'd get suspended. But that's what happens when you take things out of context/believe the first but not necessarily correct story floated.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No NFL discipline. An appropriate decision IMO.

Sure, with an isolated viewpoint of that event only, you could impose a two game suspension with a straight face.

But the league (like your employer, or you as a parent) has to be consistent across all cases of personnel discipline. I'm thinking Adrian Peterson, Tom Brady and others...

I haven't followed this recently... is some other Philly guy going to face charges, or is this just going down as a bar room brawl with nothing to pursue?

-----

I just had a flashback to Sweet's: Ballroom Blitz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_jdiU47bFA

Sure, with an isolated viewpoint of that event only, you could impose a two game suspension with a straight face.

But the league (like your employer, or you as a parent) has to be consistent across all cases of personnel discipline. I'm thinking Adrian Peterson, Tom Brady and others...

I haven't followed this recently... is some other Philly guy going to face charges, or is this just going down as a bar room brawl with nothing to pursue?

-----

I just had a flashback to Sweet's: Ballroom Blitz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_jdiU47bFA

No, you really couldn't impose any suspension with a straight face. At best all you have is the video showing him throwing a punch (but not having any injuries to either hand). If the DA didn't charge him with assault for doing that, it wasn't deemed to be assault. So what else do you suspend him over?

No, you really couldn't impose any suspension with a straight face. At best all you have is the video showing him throwing a punch (but not having any injuries to either hand). If the DA didn't charge him with assault for doing that, it wasn't deemed to be assault. So what else do you suspend him over?

Some would suspend him for hanging around in the wrong crowd, in the wrong place at the wrong time where a fight resulted in a cracked skull. With some, that is suspendable with a straight face.

Like it or not ... NFL Players, because of their visibility and influence, are held to a higher level of behavior. I'm OK with that.

Some would suspend him for hanging around in the wrong crowd, in the wrong place at the wrong time where a fight resulted in a cracked skull. With some, that is suspendable with a straight face.

Like it or not ... NFL Players, because of their visibility and influence, are held to a higher level of behavior. I'm OK with that.

So NFL players should be accountable for the actions of the people they're with?

And what about cops. Who should be held to a higher standard not only with their employer, but society in general?

So NFL players should be accountable for the actions of the people they're with?

And what about cops. Who should be held to a higher standard not only with their employer, but society in general?

Pretty sure McCoy was the one kicking the dude while he was down, wasn't he? That's not guilt by association. That's being a scummy thug.

Pretty sure McCoy was the one kicking the dude while he was down, wasn't he? That's not guilt by association. That's being a scummy thug.

Nah--the video showed him throwing one punch, and then attempting to re-enter the fray, but being pulled back (it isn't clear whether or not he actually got to the pile-up before being removed, but it seems to happen too quickly for him to have done anything IMO).

NFL player: Accountable for whom they hang with? Sort of. Actually, more accountable for the situations they get into.

Police: Accountable for whom they hang with? Sort of. Actually, more accountable for the situations they get into.

NFL player: Accountable for whom they hang with? Sort of. Actually, more accountable for the situations they get into.

Police: Accountable for whom they hang with? Sort of. Actually, more accountable for the situations they get into.

Shady isn't responsible for a friend getting into an argument with someone else, especially when the other person appears to be the one in the wrong. He is however within his right to defend his friend, as per the DA.

But that "someone else" was a cop, who should know better, and Shady wasn't the one to get into an argument with him in the first place.

I still think we gave up too much for watkins

Domino effect

-----

I could not even touch that link.

You have dated yourself, and i now question your musical integrity in general

yep and yep

Shady isn't responsible for a friend getting into an argument with someone else, especially when the other person appears to be the one in the wrong. He is however within his right to defend his friend, as per the DA.

But that "someone else" was a cop, who should know better, and Shady wasn't the one to get into an argument with him in the first place.

You are a reflection of the company you keep.

Very old and true statement.

Make use of it when you meet someone , like a new neighbor and tell me it is not relevant.

I have changed my friends around many time in life and so have my kids.

You CAN control your environment

Right Doc. I've often talked to my oldest who is just 17, you have to walk away when a supposed friend is going way out of line, and not be a part of a metaphoric "car accident.".

It's one thing to be loyal, it's another to be stupid. I can't tell you how many times in college I would literally pick up a fraternity brother about to do something really dumb, and scoop him up. "You're done" They always get pissed, but they calm down when they realize you are looking out for them. I was fortunate back then I was a national level powerlifter which is a hundred years ago. My goal always was keep a knucklehead from being a knucklehead and clearer heads eventually prevail.

Whether McCoy hit someone or not, he has to use his head.