Sully embarrasses himself at the Super Bowl

YoloinOhio

Yes, I lived there for 26 years, and have gone back every Jan/Feb for the past 28 years. I live in Syracuse - it's not much different here, just substitute Orange basketball. The newspaper here has a curmudgeon too. It's all going to be OK.

And no you don't have to choose between Chris Brown and Jerry Sullivan. Look around and explore a little, there's many good writers out there - one or more will have the point of view you find palatable and won't "drag you down'. I think - you seem to be a bit like Joe Btfsplk.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I lived there for 26 years, and have gone back every Jan/Feb for the past 28 years. I live in Syracuse - it's not much different here, just substitute Orange basketball. The newspaper here has a curmudgeon too. It's all going to be OK.

And no you don't have to choose between Chris Brown and Jerry Sullivan. Look around and explore a little, there's many good writers out there - one or more will have the point of view you find palatable and won't "drag you down'. I think - you seem to be a bit like Joe Btfsplk.

Then we can agree to disagree.

Bud?

When I look at a guy like Cam Newton, all I'm thinking about is what an immense talent the guy is and how I wish he was a Buffalo Bill. I'm not thinking about his skin color. It's not even remotely in the realm of any thoughts I might have about the player or the man -- I just see an extremely talented guy. Not until, that is, a guy like Sullivan comes along and asks a bone-headed question like that. In my experience, the person who first interjects color/race into any conversation ... well, that person *is* the racist. He's probably a democrat.

So I stumbled across something interesting the other day. The Buffalo News sets a specific cookie in your browser when you visit a Bucky or Sully article. At first, I thought it was just because they have the Bucky and Sully section and it got set there. Not so. Any time you view an article that has been authored by either that cookie gets set or modified. Interesting to say the least.

If you hate them both as much as I do, I strongly encourage you to block this cookie. I have already tested it and it does not affect the function of the Buffalo News site. It is basically screwing with their analytics. I am sure they do something Javascript based as well, but that is another story.

If you use Chrome: Goto chrome://settings/contentExceptions#cookies then under hostname pattern add 'buckyandsully.buffalonews.com' then select 'block' under behavior, then click done.

Edited by Jobu

So I stumbled across something interesting the other day. The Buffalo News sets a specific cookie in your browser when you visit a Bucky or Sully article. At first, I thought it was just because they have the Bucky and Sully section and it got set there. Not so. Any time you view an article that has been authored by either that cookie gets set or modified. Interesting to say the least.

If you hate them both as much as I do, I strongly encourage you to block this cookie. I have already tested it and it does not affect the function of the Buffalo News site. It is basically screwing with their analytics. I am sure they do something Javascript based as well, but that is another story.

If you use Chrome: Goto chrome://settings/contentExceptions#cookies then under hostname pattern add 'buckyandsully.buffalonews.com' then select 'block' under behavior, then click done.

Cheers to you, Jobu!

So you're saying this method will allow people who hate to read Sully and Bucky to continue reading them without being detected?

So you're saying this method will allow people who hate to read Sully and Bucky to continue reading them without being detected?

No, I am saying if you want to screw with the metric that gauges their success, block the cookie.

Why is it so hard to understand that some people consume everything written about the bills regardless of how they feel about the author?

Never steal Jobu's rum... or touch his cookies.

Why is it so hard to understand that some people consume everything written about the bills regardless of how they feel about the author?

Not hard at all. What you describe is me. I was just wondering why people would want to hide the fact they are reading a certain writer's stuff.

The post in question said "if you hate them both as much as I do" and then went on to describe a method for continuing to read the hated writer's pieces without the website owner's knowledge. I find that odd, maybe childish, that's all.

Edited by WotAGuy

Not hard at all. What you describe is me. I was just wondering why people would want to hide the fact they are reading a certain writer's stuff.

The post in question said "if you hate them both as much as I do" and then went on to describe a method for continuing to read the hated writer's pieces without the website owner's knowledge. I find that odd, maybe childish, that's all.

Seeing as I find you odd, maybe even childish. I will take that as a compliment! :thumbsup:

Don't let Sully's jockstrap weigh you down!

Edited by Jobu

Less so as the News is "the only game in town," so it's something of a Hobson's Choice. But generally I agree with you.

It's interesting that someone who is paid to write opinions that elicit a response from readers is disliked so intensely for doing his job. Clearly, if the News didn't like his work, they would reassign him and hire someone to write more publicly-pleasing opinions.

Is that you Sully?

Sullivan is an old bleeding heart liberal who sees everything according to race. He said so himself a few years back when he was on WGR. Problem is his views are from 40 years ago and his questions show how out of touch he is with the modern world.

Maybe because they know that the writer is evaluated by "clicks" and they would prefer said writer be fired for a better alternative? Still hard to understand?

Maybe because they know that the writer is evaluated by "clicks" and they would prefer said writer be fired for a better alternative? Still hard to understand?

Then why not just not read his stuff? Don't go to the page with his article. Doesn't that accomplish the same end purpose?

If you want him fired, why are you reading his stuff and trying to hide that fact?

Then why not just not read his stuff? Don't go to the page with his article. Doesn't that accomplish the same end purpose?

If you want him fired, why are you reading his stuff and trying to hide that fact?

Now we are circling back to reading everything possible about our beloved bills. I'm sure you understand and are just being difficult

@TBNSully

I'd like to take a moment to thank all the people out there who think I'm the worst reporter around and should retire, but still follow me.

You're welcome sully. People would follow anyone if they covered the bills. You're not special, just lucky

You're welcome sully. People would follow anyone if they covered the bills. You're not special, just lucky

actually I think some people follow him because they like to laugh at him. Unless he is paid by number of follows, I'm surprised he cares how many he has. I don't follow him, but I do follow people who reply to him or RT him so I see some of his eye roll worthy takes anyway.

I block all of their cookies. It prevents them from telling me I have already read 10 articles this month.

I will try to use baby words so you understand ....

All links do not use the sully name in link, some are redirects to those articles and many articles posted on sites such as TwoBillsDrive.com have no identification that it is a Sullivan, etc article just the website hosting articles.

Edited by Koolaid

may i suggest you have some familiarity with the concept?

I don't mind one bit Weo ! I always enjoy the Devils advocate in dialogue. Its a necessary evil.

; )

It's not just being a devil's advocate. It's questioning the group mindthink---"Sully bad, I will not even look at what he writes because he's bad and I disagree with his viewpoint often".

Why anyone would get this worked up about a character like Sully is odd. Why someone would go as far as to block themselves from even seeing what another person writes because you don't like them is beyond my ability to comprehend. This is akin to leaving the room when a certain character/actor you don't "like" comes onscreen in a TV show.

Does anyone really believe that Sully's current and future employment at TBN is dependent on clicks?

It's not just being a devil's advocate. It's questioning the group mindthink---"Sully bad, I will not even look at what he writes because he's bad and I disagree with his viewpoint often".

Why anyone would get this worked up about a character like Sully is odd. Why someone would go as far as to block themselves from even seeing what another person writes because you don't like them is beyond my ability to comprehend. This is akin to leaving the room when a certain character/actor you don't "like" comes onscreen in a TV show.

Does anyone really believe that Sully's current and future employment at TBN is dependent on clicks?

It's not something he's evaluated by?

There's a groupthink among some Bills fans that anyone who criticizes the Bills are heretics. Because 16 years of average to poor results and no playoffs doesn't justify critical opinions.

Their motto is, "Thank you sir, may I have another."

your stealing money Jerry, wtf are you at the super bowl for?

Why is he at the Super Bowl, and how did the BN scrape up the money to send him there? I'd be pissed if I were his co-workers.

There's a groupthink among some Bills fans that anyone who criticizes the Bills are heretics. Because 16 years of average to poor results and no playoffs doesn't justify critical opinions.

I think the problem is not with his opposing view point, but that his viewpoint is usually BS that is created to stir up unnecessary controversy in order to gain attention. It is his job, but that doesn't mean we have to like it or think it is good insight. I think both of you are looking past the fact that the people who want Sully gone, are likely hoping he is replaced by someone else who is better able to write about the Bills.

Edited by What a Tuel

It's almost like getting worked up enough to respond to people who get worked up about Sully

LOLZZ! Pot meet kettle. 16 years, no playoffs means everything the Bills do is dumb or stupid. Don't tell me anything positive because 16 year playoff drought means everything sucks. I've got yer groupthink right here.

LOLZZ! Pot meet kettle. 16 years, no playoffs means everything the Bills do is dumb or stupid. Don't tell me anything positive because 16 year playoff drought means everything sucks. I've got yer groupthink right here.

C'mon Promo, I think they are on to something! If you are able to free yourself of the shackles of "groupthink" you will be able to see that sully is basically the second coming of Shakespeare

It's not something he's evaluated by?

I don't think his job is dependent on it at this point in his tenure. Like it or not, he's an institution over there.

It's almost like getting worked up enough to respond to people who get worked up about Sully

There are no threads started for that....yet there weekly there is "I hate Sully" thread, as though each one offers a unique take that all the others have not.

So no, it's not like that at all.

C'mon Promo, I think they are on to something! If you are able to free yourself of the shackles of "groupthink" you will be able to see that sully is basically the second coming of Shakespeare

You are pretending to miss the point. No one has said anything like that or even claimed Sully was a decent writer.

I don't think his job is dependent on it at this point in his tenure. Like it or not, he's an institution over there.

There are no threads started for that....yet there weekly there is "I hate Sully" thread, as though each one offers a unique take that all the others have not.

So no, it's not like that at all.

You are pretending to miss the point. No one has said anything like that or even claimed Sully was a decent writer.

I see, so starting a thread is more important than posting in one