Source: Colin Kaepernick wants out of SF, in with J-e-t-s

YoloinOhio

@nydnsports

EXCLUSIVE: Colin Kaepernick wants out of 49ers, in with Jets: sources

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/colin-kaepernick-49ers-jets-sources-article-1.2518118?cid=bitly&utm_content=bufferf2b7a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

The Jets' decades-long search for a franchise quarterback could unexpectedly land them one of the most dynamic players in the league.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Jets get him. Kaepernick will be lucky to land a backup job soon.

GO BILLS!!!

Good WRs, good OC, a starting spot that's not 100% secure and NYC....

Chan didn't seem to want him bad in the draft though, is my surprise here

It is Fitz, but still interesting he "wants" to go to a team with a QB that just threw 30 TD passes. By all means, though, please take him Jets!

Remember William Hurt? A great actor. "Body Heat" And then he couldn't get a job. What happened? Same thing with Kaepernick. Did he forget how to play, or did the defenses figure out how to stop him, and he couldn't adjust? It's a mystery to me how a guy could be as effective as he was a couple years ago, and then be looked at like last week's trash.

Good WRs, good OC, a starting spot that's not 100% secure and NYC....

Chan didn't seem to want him bad in the draft though, is my surprise here

Fair enough, but I don't think the Jets are the only team like that, who are in need of a QB.

Remember William Hurt? A great actor. "Body Heat" And then he couldn't get a job. What happened? Same thing with Kaepernick. Did he forget how to play, or did the defenses figure out how to stop him, and he couldn't adjust? It's a mystery to me how a guy could be as effective as he was a couple years ago, and then be looked at like last week's trash.

His career went on to be good after "Body Heat".

He makes avg of 19 mill/yr now. If cut by SF, not sure what he would sign for.

I'll bet you its not $19m

It was already one of the most team friendly deals around when he was at the peak of his performance. If cut, it's going to lose cash, on top of being terrible terms.

Edited by NoSaint

He makes avg of 19 mill/yr now. If cut by SF, not sure what he would sign for.

No. He's on a prove-it contract which is becoming standard for QBs that show potential. The $61M is only GTD for injury. He's just starting to get into the big money years, no idea why he would want out of that.

It is a prove it contract. He's not making $19 mil and there is no dead money of any substance for SF. From CK's position, i can see the attraction in an up and coming HC with a proven track record as a DC. An OC as mentioned above who is very adaptable in an offense. I always liked Chan for his offensive mind.

He would have a decent RB, decent OL, excellent WR's although one only has a couple years left, and a stifling defense. He may like NYC appeal until he gets there and has to deal with that buzz saw of a media frenzy. As a player, I would never want to play there.

The $64,000 question is can you continue to have CK's style work. He's not Cam, and he is not a pocket passer. For all of his criticism, CK made the SB, and the NFC Championship multiple times.

You wonder with Chip Kelly coming to town why he wouldn't want to give SF another chance.