The Non Pet Peeve Thread..AKA Awesome Stuff

plenzmd1

a blatant ripoff of a thread on Sabrespace, but most you chuckleheads never go there anyway(nor do i with a great Sabre thread here)

So we have the things that suck thread, let's go positive and have the chit that is awesome thread. I will start.

The cameras that control the traffic lights in the county I live in are just spectacular. So much better than just timed lights, these suckers look at what's coming traffic wise and adjust accordingly. When i was driving my daughter to early AM swim practice, I could count on NEVER stopping at a red light. Even during middle of the day traffic, they see the what's coming and adjust accordingly.

I have plenty more, will sprinkle in as we go!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

catered food at work

that is such a win-win! Employees love it, company gets about 30 more minutes per day of productivity.

Awesome they project snowstorms so early now. News this morning showed lines/empty shelves at local grocery stores, I went about 11 this morning and full shelves and no lines!

This new app I got for my phone called SkyView. You can point your phone at the sky anywhere and it will show exactly what's up there...all the stars, planets, galaxies, nebulae, satellites, constellations. etc... It's pretty cool.

Edited by Cugalabanza

You have a colleague visiting your office on a Monday and he's flying in on the Sunday prior to head to wine country for the day. You realize it's Super Bowl Sunday and the first thought you both have are "well at least the wineries will be empty."

Uber. Uber is awesome.

Originally you had to reply to some email after you got out. Now? Not a goddamn thing. :worthy:

I will say though be very careful with the pin drop of your location. A couple of times I swiped the screen by mistake and moved my location pin drop a few blocks and they couldn't find me. Of course I was drunk on my ass and couldn't figure it out. Fun times. :lol:

Edited by Chef Jim

I still haven't pulled the trigger on Uber yet. A bit scared by it.

more than happy to send you an invite...we both get free rides :thumbsup: Just PM your email or text. Will do the same for Lyft...they give $50 worth of free rides...and they even interface directly to concur if you are using for business

Okay-- you are twisting my arm!

Re concur, is that just for Lyft, or also Uber? I have to go to Texas in a few weeks for work and might try that.

I have only seen the button in Lyft..but sure Uber will be close behind. And BTW, don't use your free rides on work unless you own your own business.

USB charging ports in end table next to bed in hotel is awesome!

This new app I got for my phone called SkyView. You can point your phone at the sky anywhere and it will show exactly what's up there...all the stars, planets, galaxies, nebulae, satellites, constellations. etc... It's pretty cool.

FLIGHTRADAR24 does the same thing with airplanes. Just point you phone toward the horizon and it tells you where the planes are.

AC/DC sold out in Houston in six minutes and I was one of the lucky few to get a ticket at face value.

I keep a 12 pack of Coke Zero in the fridge at work. A girl came up to me today, told me she sagged a 12 oz can, so she bought me a 20 oz bottle to make up for it. 8 free ounces of Coke Zero that I wouldn't have even noticed was missing.

AC/DC sold out in Houston in six minutes and I was one of the lucky few to get a ticket at face value.

I keep a 12 pack of Coke Zero in the fridge at work. A girl came up to me today, told me she sagged a 12 oz can, so she bought me a 20 oz bottle to make up for it. 8 free ounces of Coke Zero that I wouldn't have even noticed was missing.

Buffalo's moe. has a show at the Fillmore in SF. They are recording it for an album and the show is free. The tickets were gone in 15 minutes and now they're online for $50. No thanks. I love moe. but I'm not paying $50.

Buffalo's moe. has a show at the Fillmore in SF. They are recording it for an album and the show is free. The tickets were gone in 15 minutes and now they're online for $50. No thanks. I love moe. but I'm not paying $50.

So if hypothetically, I were to say I paid $170 for AC/DC ($130 something before taxes and a $25 convenience charge), what would you say? Hypothetically of course.