NFC Playoff: Packers at Cardinals

YoloinOhio

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm a Packer fan, I'd rather lose in regulation on a failed Hail Mary than on that gut wrencher. Holy cow...

To be so high only to come crashing down so fast is brutal

Edited by Max997

No doubt. Crushing.

Crushing but the right team won. IDC how awesome that last Rodgers throw was. Arizona was the better team tonight. Im glad they didnt lose on a fluke play leading to OT. Fitzgerald turned Super Sayin and saved the game. Palmer made a great play in the clutch and conquered his "choke syndrome. It was a great game. the Best of the play offs so far ( Bengals game would have been if not for the refs deciding the outcome). I was satisfied asking my boss to let me take the night off the catch the games. totally worth it. great game great finish. happy to see Palmer, Fitz, and the Cards win. Totally awesome.

instant classic!

I'm old. LOL I couldn't even stay up to watch the end. I just watched the highlights a minute ago, and now I'm going to go watch the 4th quarter since I recorded it on my DVR.

That Hail Mary by GB though.....WTF was Arizona doing? The defense on that play was horrendous. Only 2 guys back there?

ETA: Re the Hail Mary. OK, I see now. Arizona had the blitz on. Idiots.

Rodgers is just sick. And by sick, I mean absolutely amazing.

Edited by John in Jax

Coin Toss Cam
Check out the camera footage specifically focused on the coin during the OT coin toss.

Divisional: Packers vs. Cardinals highlights
Check out the highlights as the Arizona Cardinals escape with a 26-20 overtime win against the Green Bay Packers to advance to the NFC Championship.

'Special' Fitzgerald lifts Cardinals to NFC title game
Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald added to his Hall of Fame resume on Saturday night with a monster performance that helped lift Arizona over the Packers and to the NFC Championship game.

What a fantastic ending! The one bad thing- Arizona throwing when trying to burn clock, thats was all the time Rogers needed to get in position and complete that hail mary.

Thanks for the links!

Edited by billsfan_34

Only thing that would have been better would have been the Pack going for 2 to win the game after the Hail Mary. Percentage-wise, it's probably the right call, especially with the new extra point rule, but none of the announcers even mentioned the possibility and I'm sure McCarthy never considered it. It's too bad. It would have been a gutsy, smart call.

Only thing that would have been better would have been the Pack going for 2 to win the game after the Hail Mary. Percentage-wise, it's probably the right call, especially with the new extra point rule, but none of the announcers even mentioned the possibility and I'm sure McCarthy never considered it. It's too bad. It would have been a gutsy, smart call.

Would be gutsy . But two point conversion rate is only around 50% while extra point is still well over 90% even with the added distance this year? So it was still the right call by McCarthy.

Would be gutsy . But two point conversion rate is only around 50% while extra point is still well over 90% even with the added distance this year? So it was still the right call by McCarthy.

Wrong analysis. 1-point conversion puts you into OT, where you have at best 50% chance to win. A missed kick and game is over. So if success chance on 2-point conversion is 45% or better, then that is "playing the percentages" (assuming 90% success rate on the kick).

Note: Actual percentages are 95% of extra point kicks made this year in the NFL and 48% success rate on 2-point conversions over past 3 years (Packers, 5 for 9 on two-pointers, and Crosby did not miss an extra point this year).

Edited by mannc