Buffalo Rising

billsfan_34

Nice video. As a nyc kid, I really feel like Buffalo is like a 2nd home. I really enjoy being up there on gameday weekends not just for the games but for the city itself. I'm always talking up Buffalo, and any of my buddies that come up w me usually feel the same. I'm looking forward to investing in a home up there soon.

I got a choice piece of property Stadium view. Of course NYC pricing.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mama always told me there would be one in the bunch! Guess you havent been in the city lately? Or had employment opportunities at the new medical corridor? You sound completely retarded to compare this to 20 years ago- move along and get a life.

Super nice- canalside is beautiful and riverworks is very cool.

BF34- Thanks for the response before I did. What a tool? I moved to Tampa the week before the Bills/Giants SB, and have enjoyed my home in Tampa, but my heart will always be with Buffalo.

It's funny my wife laughs as she puts it, whenever I see a person from buffalo, we almost always hit it off and have things to talk about. She tells me she has never seen people so proud of where they are from and what Buffalo means to them than persons from any other city. I loved the piece, and althoguh I probably will never move back, I'm so happy it is on the upswing. I can see it every year when we come back for a game.

And again to the tool, you obviously do not have a memory of what it was like in the 70's and 80's. I grew up in Hamburg, but went to school in Blasdell at the Catholic school, and all of my friends dads were out of work at one time when the plant laid off 18,000 employees. That was depressing. Buffalo is nothing like that time. Nothing.

BF34- Thanks for the response before I did. What a tool? I moved to Tampa the week before the Bills/Giants SB, and have enjoyed my home in Tampa, but my heart will always be with Buffalo.

It's funny my wife laughs as she puts it, whenever I see a person from buffalo, we almost always hit it off and have things to talk about. She tells me she has never seen people so proud of where they are from and what Buffalo means to them than persons from any other city. I loved the piece, and althoguh I probably will never move back, I'm so happy it is on the upswing. I can see it every year when we come back for a game.

And again to the tool, you obviously do not have a memory of what it was like in the 70's and 80's. I grew up in Hamburg, but went to school in Blasdell at the Catholic school, and all of my friends dads were out of work at one time when the plant laid off 18,000 employees. That was depressing. Buffalo is nothing like that time. Nothing.

Some people just dont have anything positive to say at all. I grew up in Tonawanda so we didnt feel the pain as bad as the southtown folk felt from the steel mill closing- tough times for sure. My dads in tampa also- hes in the brandon Bills Backers. When I was gone for 21 years I too would love to run into people from Buffalo- so much pride for sure- great post go Bills.

PS the "tool" runs a business in Buffalo yet talks trash about the place and the people. Wonder if he has the balls to state what his business is?

Edited by billsfan_34

I got a choice piece of property Stadium view. Of course NYC pricing.

Nice lol...I'll buy that then they move downtown

Glad you liked it and enjoy your time here- we are very hospitipal and love people enjoying what we have to offer. If you get a second home and spend some more time here you will most likely really enjoy. The summer has free concerts in a few loactions and just loads of festivals, great parks, world class fresh water fishing, hiking, and anything else you may enjoy. If you can think of something your looking for and dont know where shoot me a message.

Much appreciated, I will do that when the time comes...I really like the area around Hertel, or elmwood.

Loved Jet doughnuts I grew up 4 blocks from there. I could ride my bike there, the original Andersons, and Teds- oh and get my skates sharped at Sorrentinos too!

I work at the Buffalo VA and also go to school on the West Side. The turn around is great to see. Ive had the opportunity to work in the Medical Corridor as well. People tend to leave out the wonderful services that you can receive in the area. Some should check out high point for a reality check. Roswell is truly amazing as well. Women and Childrens, when complete will be the icing on the cake. Oh and another terrible thing to note- the growth of UB that is the hub of the SUNY system. How terrible that a college is now 30k students and will end up being 50k in 4 more years or so. Also, im with you-I will take some snowstorms over the numerous hurricanes I went through when I lived in NC and Florida.

You left off one critical establishment from your list of fine establishments on Sheridan.

RED BARN.

Remember that one?

Two things Buffalo has that will propel it in the 21st century are hydro power and vast reserves of fresh water. Hydroelectric power is a green resource that companies looking to reduce their carbon footprint will seek out. And the South and West are running out of water. They won't be able to sustain large populations going forward.

Depending on your definition of "South." We could go without anymore rain in Atlanta for awhile.

Good on Buffalo...still not moving back till they solve that whole winter issue.

Edited by Kevbeau

You left off one critical establishment from your list of fine establishments on Sheridan.

RED BARN.

Remember that one?

There is still one of those open in Bradford, PA. Its called the Farm Family Restaurant, but its the original Red Barn fried chicken recipe. I think its closing this year for good. Isnt the franchise out of Erie or somewhere out that way?

Now what to do with a giant building shaped like a barn....

Edit: looks like one in Wisconsin, too. At its peak there were 300-400 of them??

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Barn_(restaurant)

Edited by Captain_Quint

Made me homesick.

By the way, Brennans has great wings

Brennans wings are fantastic and an overall fun place to go!

There is still one of those open in Bradford, PA. Its called the Farm Family Restaurant, but its the original Red Barn fried chicken recipe. I think its closing this year for good. Isnt the franchise out of Erie or somewhere out that way?

Now what to do with a giant building shaped like a barn....

Edit: looks like one in Wisconsin, too. At its peak there were 300-400 of them??

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Barn_(restaurant)

Sorentinos Sports moved into the Red Barn building on Sheridan, originally they were on the other side next to Jet Doughnuts.

Well that was pissing into the cornflakes....

When was this web article released? I agree that article was just hoping something would land amongst high winds. I dont even see a date stamp on it. All it really ends up being is a writers opinion with a few facts sprinkled in. We all know Philadelphia is a tough city with high crime but im not sure how that catapults it to the list. And is 18 to 1 student to teacher ratio that bad? The steel mill in Butfalo closed ions ago, old hat for sure. How about saying Charlestown, SC is a bad place to live because there is hurricanes, torrential downpours, wicked hot summers with the accompanying sand fleas eating you alive? Grabbing at straws for an article, IMO.

Edited by billsfan_34

• 6 months later...