Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gee that's a great post. Love how you downplay beating up women. "Other people do it," ... "But he's young!" ... "It's the Browns fault for not looking into it!" ... "If it was such a big deal, the Browns would have cut him sooner!" ...

Any more excuses you'd like to throw out there for a scumbag beating on girls? Not many issues are black & white. This one is. I hope you can decide to be on the right side of it. There's no excuse for smacking women around, yet you keep making them. Any more garbage you'd like to share with the board before I hide your ass?

Situations like this are sad for two reasons: One, is the obvious tragedy for the families involved. Secondly, they allow people like you to spew MILES of useless rhetoric while offering no useful solution... All I'm saying is that for all the cash it throws around, the league does little to help largely clueless young men deal with real life issues...

'Don't hit a woman', 'no excuses', blah,blah, yackitty-schmackitty... We ALL get it, and we all agree 100%... The question is whether or not there's a better way than turning our collective backs on young people when they experience these moral failures...

Having never partied your @ss off, -or told a lie, -or gotten angrier than you should have at your girlfreind, you might not be the best candidate for outreach... Still the league needs to do something. -And by "something" I mean something OTHER than throwing their latest disappointment under the carriage...

I don't think you need to be a "finished product" to show up for work and not beat the crap out of your girlfriend in a drunken rage. Most things in life are just what they seem: in Manziel's case that's a total scumbag.

Rght. So now he beat the crap out of her in a drunken rage.. -The next poster will have her in a coma getting last rights... All the stories I've read describe ONE single blow... I'd like to hear definitively what the events of that night were.

Edited by #34fan

It's a shame he didn't have the option to go hunt for an entry level job for $30,000/year like every other college grad does.

I agree with you that it's a choice... Still doesn't change the fact that these owners sanction a sport PROVEN to have debilitating effects on the human body, -particularly the brain.... It's also a sport I love and continue to support... That's ME owning my share of the blame... CTE is one of many issues the league needs a clear path forward on.... Domestic violence, and substance abuse are as much a part of the game as cleats and shoulder-pads...

I don't think we'll correct any of these ills by SHOOTING everyone with a dissenting view on how to approach them.

Edited by #34fan

• 1 month later...

@LedyardNFLDraft

Lot of analysts/media/fans mocked those who were concerned about Manziel's character before draft. "Just a college kid" thrown around a lot.

I'll never deny there is a limit to what we on the outside can know about a prospect's character, but to say it isn't important and shouldnt

Be given plenty of weight in draft process is crazy talk.We need to be careful and wise, but assessing character is integral to this process

Look how Tom Brady turned out after his humbling experience in the draft ... oh wait.

I'm surprised, honestly, especially when the news broke that he'd reached a settlement with her. Usually when there's a civil settlement, the criminal case quietly disappears.

The GF decided to pursue charges. Not sure how that jibes with the settlement.

Nice First Round pick. #22 overall. Makes EJ look like, well... EJ. But this kid is a hot mess. So glad the closest he came to being a Bill is when Kyle Williams flattened his azz and he skidded backwards about 6 yards while assuming the casket position. All he needed was to hold a lily.

Nice First Round pick. #22 overall. Makes EJ look like, well... EJ. But this kid is a hot mess. So glad the closest he came to being a Bill is when Kyle Williams flattened his azz and he skidded backwards about 6 yards while assuming the casket position. All he needed was to hold a lily.

Meatball comin'..... LOVE THIS PLAY! The look on Pettine's face at 1:53 is priceless.