DB coach Donnie Henderson won't be returning to Bills

YoloinOhio

Thurman doesn't actually do much. He's Rex's Curtis Modkins. Let him keep his pretty title.

I'm just annoyed that Donnie is being let go. Good coaches aren't easy to find, he's one of the very best.

Think they spoon at night and sniff dirty feet together? Edited by billsfan_34

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, most do, but Rob certainly wouldn't be an upgrade.

Looking at his career he's never coached on a good team. Unfortunately i feel its probably going to continue...Talent wise we're good, but i'm not sold on the sum being good enough.

But hey - 11 years of NFL D-coordinator experience, and working with his brother who claims to know a thing or two? One would think we'd improve? I don't think it will be worse.

Looking at his career he's never coached on a good team. Unfortunately i feel its probably going to continue...Talent wise we're good, but i'm not sold on the sum being good enough.

But hey - 11 years of NFL D-coordinator experience, and working with his brother who claims to know a thing or two? One would think we'd improve? I don't think it will be worse.

I think our window has closed on the D side of the ball for talent. Ive become so numb to them that it allows me to look at the Bills differently. I doubt we win more than 6 games next year.

Take this with a huge chunk of salt, just passing along.

https://twitter.com/RyanLasal/status/686925615212146688

Havent followed Ed since he retired- has he been coaching?

You had to go and make it weird.

Also, yes.

LOL

Someone please tell me why i should care about this. Didn't they say there would be changes to the staff?

As other posters here have alluded to Donnie Henderson is a holdover from Pettine. As db coach he is universally credited with making all DBs he's worked with. - mckelvin Darby Gilmore Robey rambo etc better than they ever were before

They can't have Donnie. They can bugger off. Best coach on the staff.

@AlexMarvez

Source tells @NFLonFOX that @buffalobills DBs coach Donnie Henderson won't be back. Possibility current Bills DC Dennis Thurman handles DBs

They already have another DB coach. If Donnie is not back though it will be a bad mistake. The guy can flat out coach and the players love him.

Just reading between the lines, perhaps Henderson was in the ear of players like Mario, telling (or agreeing with) them that Schwartz's scheme had been better. Rex is trying to get everyone on the same page heading into next year. It may not work out, but you've got to give him the power to make these kinds of decisions. Again, if the results are disastrous (as FireChan and his army of TSW Walkers is predicting), Rex will be fired next offseason. I don't understand why basic assistant coaching changes have to portend total doom, in January...