Adam Schefter Confidence Meter

I think we all know Schefter and Doug Marrone share the same agent (Jimmy Sexton).

On three different radio shows, I have heard Schefter spout off on how Marrone is seen as a top 3-4 candidate to fill a coaching vacancy (there are now 6 coaching vacancies).

Sooooo, if Schefter's "insight" is really a product of his highly respected "NFL Insider" status, we should be hearing something soon.

On the other hand, if Marrone doesn't get a head coaching job, Schefter will be seen as nothing but a whore. The question is, will anyone call him out on his whorish tendencies (shilling for Marrone because they share an agent and a Marrone hiring helps Sexton, which then helps Schefter).

Not sure what it is but the Schefter Marrone love fest really bugs me...especially because I don't believe one other Owner/GM in the league sees Marrone as a top 3-4 (let alone Top 10) head coaching candidate.

Schefter is a snake oil salesman and will lose all credibility if Marrone doesn't land a HC job.

I misunderstood the Subject. I thought this would be a poll for how much confidence I have in Schefter. I was here to vote ZERO!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's still really good but he is a giant cheeseball. All of these guys get their info from agents so you have to deal with some agendas.

I really like Ian Rappaport.

I hate Rappaport. Dude sucks Brady off and is always slinging bull ****. I guess it depends on the person who you decide to trust.

I hate Rappaport. Dude sucks Brady off and is always slinging bull ****. I guess it depends on the person who you decide to trust.

Sure. But look how the Pats*** have owned him. Says right here they beat him 2009 to 11.

Even The Bills have a better record against them than that.

He probably has PTSD from that.

500307.jpg

That was bad, especially since it actually included another individual's information who is not a public figure. Then worse when he and ESPN defended it "HIPAA doesn't apply to news media". I don't know about "all credibility" but I lost all respect for him as a person there, especially when he couldn't simply cowboy up and say "it was a bad decision on my part"

I would like to see media types prosecuted for violating the HIPAA laws......laws apply to everyone....and I have been annoyed for years about the media's claim that they are above the law. they are not, and we need to see some jail time to prove it. Now, the NFL doesn't want to upset everything or anybody, they just want the cash to keep flowing....but, JPP has a case, and, imho, could screw those folks reporting. but, he will be stiffeled by the NFL and the Giants....count on it.

If you believe this you clearly know nothing about social media, or anything else for that matter. Good luck with th rest of your year in middle school.

sorry if offended you , just trying to lighten up the mood.

and middle school is going pretty well

thanks !

I think we all know Schefter and Doug Marrone share the same agent (Jimmy Sexton).

On three different radio shows, I have heard Schefter spout off on how Marrone is seen as a top 3-4 candidate to fill a coaching vacancy (there are now 6 coaching vacancies).

Sooooo, if Schefter's "insight" is really a product of his highly respected "NFL Insider" status, we should be hearing something soon.

On the other hand, if Marrone doesn't get a head coaching job, Schefter will be seen as nothing but a whore. The question is, will anyone call him out on his whorish tendencies (shilling for Marrone because they share an agent and a Marrone hiring helps Sexton, which then helps Schefter).

Not sure what it is but the Schefter Marrone love fest really bugs me...especially because I don't believe one other Owner/GM in the league sees Marrone as a top 3-4 (let alone Top 10) head coaching candidate.

Schefter is a snake oil salesman and will lose all credibility if Marrone doesn't land a HC job.

No. The NFL media is like their owners, an old-boys network. They will protect their own clan. After all you never see ESPN bad mouthing Fox or CBS or vice versa. WHy kill the goose that is laying their golden egg....

When Chris Mortensen batted for Donahoe, and then no one game him any chance, no body berated on Chris.

It's very easy to talk yourself into a narrative. I doubt these owners and GM's scrambling to hire the best HC available are wasting their time interviewing Doug Marrone as just a favor to the agents. But hey, if you assume that's true, everything else fits!

Actually they do sometimes, depending on the agent. I don't necessarily think they are doing it now with Marrone, and certainly not all of them. I'm just not sure Marrone can talk his way out of some tough questions he is going to be asked that will make an owner convinced this is our guy.

:lol: Well what do you know...

Schefter: Doug Marrone the favorite for Giants job

I'm torn. If he doesn't get it, Schefter looks bad (again). If he does get it, however, the pleasure of seeing Marrone facing criticism from the NY media will be worth the price of admission alone.

Edited by Bills Fan in MD

WE DISAGREE. I remember my first beer, too. ....

well, sure, yesterday wasn't that long ago.

jw

Not personal at all to me. I let go of Marrone awhile ago. I didn't start this. It seems very personal to many fans like the OP who can't seem to let it go and seem to absolutely hate the idea that Marrone is widely seen as a top HC candidate so they come up with weird conspiracy theories about why that is without one iota of proof.

What's personal for me is being a Bills fan, period. My wish is that they win a SB before I shed this mortal coil. It's my belief that Marrone was the best chance we had at this in many years. So when it ges brought up in the manner of this OP yes, I respond.

evidently, the definition of "widely" has been changed without our knowledge.

jw

Or it is Nate Hackett

it is not. that relationship became strained after the opt out. what's stranger still, the two wound up in Jacksonville together.

jw

No, not any of those things you say I am. Certainly not screaming and thumping. Not close. You still have no real proof about your thread and I think you know it. This is when the personal attacks come in, when you're really out of ammo. I swear, you and some other posters hate Marrone so much that you really do seem to be obsessed and tortured souls about him.. I'll bet you have a little Marrone voodoo doll you stick pins into on a daily basis...LOL.

My only concern is a man in his 60's using 'LOL' in his post. Just feels creepy. LOL

evidently, the definition of "widely" has been changed without our knowledge.

jw

Schefter is known to have two cell phones each with a 2.5" screen, so when you add up the width of his devices, yes...Marrone is "widely" seen as a top candidate by Schefter.

Schefter is known to have two cell phones each with a 2.5" screen, so when you add up the width of his devices, yes...Marrone is "widely" seen as a top candidate by Schefter.

Oh Schefty! Marrone strikes out again as it's been "widely" reported that the NYG are about to hire Ben McAdoo as their next HC.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

McAdoo new coach for Giants?? Thanks Yolo and 26CornerBlitz....didn't see this from Schefty. His fingers must be all calloused from frantic texting on his 5 or 6 devices from his sources.

So I count 4 or 5 head coaches hired thus far....maybe Doug was in the Top 3 or 4 of the bottom 6. Thanks Schefty. Even the local Albany radio guys were talking about whether Marrone would keep McAdoo on his staff. You sold everyone a bill of goods.......again. Worthless tweeting Schefter.