Adam Schefter Confidence Meter

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this about Schwartzy

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/17924/former-lions-coach-jim-schwartz-putting-coordinator-chances-on-hold-waiting-on-titans?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Perhaps Marrone will get that job if Schwartz comes with it. Then draft Bosa at 1 for the wide 9... Hmmmm

Edited by YoloinOhio

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/17924/former-lions-coach-jim-schwartz-putting-coordinator-chances-on-hold-waiting-on-titans?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Perhaps Marrone will get that job if Schwartz comes with it. Then draft Bosa at 1 for the wide 9... Hmmmm

If they were smart, they'd interview Schwartz for the Head Coach position and Marrone could be brought on as "Director of Catchy Slogans in the Practice Facility".

Looks like the Titans are playing the NFC North next year, so maybe Schwartz can replicate his success he had against it in Buffalo.

"Winners and Losers," from NFL.com

"Doug Marrone and Mike Shanahan: Marrone had an interview in Tennessee, but it looks like he's going to finish another coaching cycle without getting a job despite a ton of interviews. Shanahan, meanwhile, was reportedly close to getting the 49ers job. It's worth wondering if he'll ever get a head coaching chance again." Greg Rosenthal Around the NFL Editor

"Winners and Losers," from NFL.com

"Doug Marrone and Mike Shanahan: Marrone had an interview in Tennessee, but it looks like he's going to finish another coaching cycle without getting a job despite a ton of interviews. Shanahan, meanwhile, was reportedly close to getting the 49ers job. It's worth wondering if he'll ever get a head coaching chance again." Greg Rosenthal Around the NFL Editor

I think Greg Rosenthal placed this sentence in the wrong part of the paragraph. Edited by Saint Doug

what's mojo's excuse?

My only reason for posting in this thread is: 1. The OP asserted that Adam Schefter is universally reviled in his profession. 2. The OP asserts that, despite his bad rep, it's his influence with ownership and management of NFL teams is why Marrone is getting HC interviews and not because he is considered a legit candidate. I found this implausible and asked for some actual proof. None was ever provided. That's it, period. I don't know if Marrone will get hired for next year or not. Don't really care if he does or not. I'm a Bills fan, not a Marrone fan. I moved on form the Marrone situation a year ago. I do believe that when he was here he did better than any HC the Bills had since Wade Phillips and thought we were heard in a good direction. I did wonder if the OP had some sort of obsession with Marrone as he started the thread a year after the fact. That's pretty much it.

Now after trying to reasonably discuss the veracity of the OP, not surprisingly, I got a lot of flak which didn't surprise me. When this happens I defend myself. To me this is all just fun trash talking. I have nothing personal against the posters who did this. I'm not sure if some of you feel the same way when I give it back.

But, for some reason I get a personal warning from Beerball for my "trash talk" posts but no one else did. This is why I haven't been on this thread for awhile. I felt like I was on thin ice. Now, for all I know I'll end up getting banned for life for even mentioning the mods like this. So be it. Until this OP about Schefter/Marrone none of my posts were remotely connected to him on this board. I just wish that, when I signed up, the mods would have stated clearly and upfront that Marrone supporters were not welcome. It's hard not to feel that my warnings are less about the tone of my posts but more about a particular opinion I hold. That seems unfair to me but I don't make the rules. I say this because, clearly, in other threads, this type of banter goes on incessantly...which is fine for me. Like I said, I like the banter and don't take as mean spirited. That's pretty much it.

jw

what's mojo's excuse?

My only reason for posting in this thread is: 1. The OP asserted that Adam Schefter is universally reviled in his profession. 2. The OP asserts that, despite his bad rep, it's his influence with ownership and management of NFL teams is why Marrone is getting HC interviews and not because he is considered a legit candidate. I found this implausible and asked for some actual proof. None was ever provided. That's it, period. I don't know if Marrone will get hired for next year or not. Don't really care if he does or not. I'm a Bills fan, not a Marrone fan. I moved on form the Marrone situation a year ago. I do believe that when he was here he did better than any HC the Bills had since Wade Phillips and thought we were heard in a good direction. I did wonder if the OP had some sort of obsession with Marrone as he started the thread a year after the fact. That's pretty much it.

Now after trying to reasonably discuss the veracity of the OP, not surprisingly, I got a lot of flak which didn't surprise me. When this happens I defend myself. To me this is all just fun trash talking. I have nothing personal against the posters who did this. I'm not sure if some of you feel the same way when I give it back.

But, for some reason I get a personal warning from Beerball for my "trash talk" posts but no one else did. This is why I haven't been on this thread for awhile. I felt like I was on thin ice. Now, for all I know I'll end up getting banned for life for even mentioning the mods like this. So be it. Until this OP about Schefter/Marrone none of my posts were remotely connected to him on this board. I just wish that, when I signed up, the mods would have stated clearly and upfront that Marrone supporters were not welcome. It's hard not to feel that my warnings are less about the tone of my posts but more about a particular opinion I hold. That seems unfair to me but I don't make the rules. I say this because, clearly, in other threads, this type of banter goes on incessantly...which is fine for me. Like I said, I like the banter and don't take as mean spirited. That's pretty much it.

jw

Mojo - I can handle your criticism. I don't agree with your (and Schefter's) position (i.e. Marrone is a top 3 head coaching candidate) and I think that has played out in the last 4 days (Giants, Browns, Eagles, Bucs, etc). You may have misinterpreted the OP...it was mostly directed at Schefter (but certainly relates to Marrone's inability to land a HC gig).

And we've all been warned by Mods at one time or another....that's their job.