Adam Schefter Confidence Meter

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McAdoo new coach for Giants?? Thanks Yolo and 26CornerBlitz....didn't see this from Schefty. His fingers must be all calloused from frantic texting on his 5 or 6 devices from his sources.

So I count 4 or 5 head coaches hired thus far....maybe Doug was in the Top 3 or 4 of the bottom 6. Thanks Schefty. Even the local Albany radio guys were talking about whether Marrone would keep McAdoo on his staff. You sold everyone a bill of goods.......again. Worthless tweeting Schefter.

Well, obviously the cream of the HC positions are still open to St Doug, he turned down those other venues as being unacceptable. It is after all a two way street and he holds all the cards. It's not unlike him to turn his nose up at these unworthy situations until something more suitable comes along. After all, he is the Assistant HC at Jacksonville which augers a huge aura of importantness the likes of which he can't fritter away on unworthy situses like New York City. This man was paid $4million to walk away from his former position. You don't think he'll settle for less at his next venue, now do you? The man is a GOD. A GOD I tell you.

I don't think philly interviewed Marrone, but looks like that's another one off the table

@markdominikespn

With McAdoo/NYG done, I think this didn't change Eagles minds and they'll hire KC/OC Doug Pederson, when Chiefs playoffs end, as next HC

@jeremywgr

Report - Result

"Parcells in corner" - Gase hired

"Top owner choice" - McAdoo hired

"Gotta sell him to players" - Hue Jackson

#MarroneSnark

Edited by YoloinOhio

I checked the NFL.com Coaching Tracker and there is no mention of Marrone even interviewing for any of the remaining positions yet. I know it was mentioned by someone at ESPN (Caplan maybe?) that he is scheduled to interview with the Titans Thursday, but it isn't mentioned on NFL.com.

He might get a pity interview with Philly. They don't want him, but it would be a courtesy to him his agent.

Where did Mojo go? Waiting to pounce when Marrone replaces Bellichick?

He/She/It will never forego their man-love for him. With double-crossed fingers and eyes (pun intended), they're hoping against hope that the Owners will name him to replace Goodell. Which is a position more in keeping with his awesome talents, personality, and ability to work with people. :w00t:

He might get a pity interview with Philly. They don't want him, but it would be a courtesy to him his agent.

He/She/It will never forego their man-love for him. With double-crossed fingers and eyes (pun intended), they're hoping against hope that the Owners will name him to replace Goodell. Which is a position more in keeping with his awesome talents, personality, and ability to work with people. :w00t:

If anyone has a Twitter account and can go to a Schefter Tweet about Doug Marrone being a top candidate or all the interviews he has lined up....I'd love to see a response to Schefty that just says "tick tock tick tock"

He is, and Schefter has a deserved reputation for accuracy in stories not involving Doug Marrone.

Yeah, that's what I really don't get. The only thing I can think of is Sexton is so good, and got Schefter such a good contract, that Schefter is willing to just take the heat for the Marrone shilling. Keep in mind though, that only Buffalo is really all that interested in Marrone. People around the country probably don't really notice the Marrone shilling, or the fact that Schefter is wrong, nearly as much.

Yeah, that's what I really don't get. The only thing I can think of is Sexton is so good, and got Schefter such a good contract, that Schefter is willing to just take the heat for the Marrone shilling. Keep in mind though, that only Buffalo is really all that interested in Marrone. People around the country probably don't really notice the Marrone shilling, or the fact that Schefter is wrong, nearly as much.

True, but Schefter is a pro and I can't imagine he enjoys being repeatedly wrong about this guy.