Stephon Gilmore: "I Know I’m an Elite Corner."

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RyanTalbotBills

They've battled on the field, in the press, and now Stephon Gilmore and Odell Beckham Jr. are taking it to Instagram

This is awesome.

and this is what football should be.

Ryan is right, shame they won't be matching up soon.

I would watch the whole game keyed on them.

I think he's clearly the best corner on the team. C'mon Man!!!!!!!!

Of course he is. silly argument.

Whats extra nice is Darby looks damn skilled too!

Rex must be in Coaching heaven. Ed Reed too

Obj is a good player but no one seems to like him except his QB Eli and his BFF Drake.

Careful or he will punch you from behind or hit you in the head when you're not looking.

Great player (and the gloves help too) but he's a clown complete with the hair.

C Biscuit, spot on. How in the world people do not see Gilmore is a top CB, I question as well their knowledge of football. People don't want to go at him. This is why so many attacked Darby last year and paid for it. Then once A Williams we nt down they targeted the safeties, and middle of the field as our LB's were the weak spot.

It makes me think some guys here are too young for when we had two excellent CB's in Antoine Winfield and Nate Clements and let them both go. The key to this team is resign the great players so you can keep building. This notion of "we'll just draft another in the 2nd or whatever" tells me you don't know that much about the chances in the draft.

We need to find a happy medium between what he wants and what we've offered in the 12.5 mil range. If we can secure him for 13.5 mil, but a healthy guarantee, he should be motivated by that guaranteed money.

If we can keep TT, Gilmore, and Glenn, and build in the draft, we can go somewhere these next two years.

Your friends know very little about football then. You won't hear Gilmore's name mentioned 90% of the time because he's doing his job and they aren't throwing at him. Then if he makes a play, he doesn't act like an idiot afterwards.

Of course on the rare occasions he gives up a catch, some not smart fans will talk about how he gets roasted all the time.

If people don't think Gilmore isn't really good, I question their football knowledge. In a league where it's a penalty to breathe on a wr, he is one of the best man to man corners in the NFL. He would be a much bigger lost than any Bills FA in a long time.

Ya think it is just a matter of time before Gilmore is inducted to Canton?

Gilmore is a funny dude. #Morepunchesthanreceptions. "Come see me when you get off the press."

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/04/10/gilmore-beckham-trade-barbs-online/

He's right.

Both he and Darby exposed Beckham that game--he can't play against press, and he's immature and selfish to boot.

Unfortunately, the league totally ignored it and it came to a head against Carolina.

What constitutes 'elite' status? Who does Gilmore view as also being In that echelon of players?

Gilmore is very good, he is not 'shut down' corner status from what I have seen. I don't think OC's or QB's game plan around him, do you guys?

I honestly don't

Does a horrible job on smaller, quicker, receivers. Too stiff. Does fine against bigger slower receivers. Seems to get dinged a lot for being a bigger corner. He`s good but not elite.

antonio brown has been his kryptonite in the past. We play him again this year...I hope he steps up yet Darby may see more of that Matchup. At least we won't see Martavis Bryant, who abused Darby last preseason.

He will also see Mike Wallace, Tavon Austin and John Brown (small slippery types), Amari Cooper and the Jags duo too. Big year for Gilmore.

Edited by YoloinOhio

antonio brown has been his kryptonite in the past. We play him again this year...I hope he steps up yet Darby may see more of that Matchup. At least we won't see Martavis Bryant, who abused Darby last preseason.

He will also see Mike Wallace, Tavon Austin and John Brown (small slippery types), Amari Cooper and the Jags duo too. Big year for Gilmore.

yeah and he will struggle big time against them. Darby is much quicker and can stay with these type better.

Does a horrible job on smaller, quicker, receivers. Too stiff. Does fine against bigger slower receivers. Seems to get dinged a lot for being a bigger corner. He`s good but not elite.

So you didn't watch him against Beckham? Because Beckham is the literal definition of small and quick

C Biscuit, spot on. How in the world people do not see Gilmore is a top CB, I question as well their knowledge of football. People don't want to go at him. This is why so many attacked Darby last year and paid for it. Then once A Williams we nt down they targeted the safeties, and middle of the field as our LB's were the weak spot.

It makes me think some guys here are too young for when we had two excellent CB's in Antoine Winfield and Nate Clements and let them both go. The key to this team is resign the great players so you can keep building. This notion of "we'll just draft another in the 2nd or whatever" tells me you don't know that much about the chances in the draft.

We need to find a happy medium between what he wants and what we've offered in the 12.5 mil range. If we can secure him for 13.5 mil, but a healthy guarantee, he should be motivated by that guaranteed money.

If we can keep TT, Gilmore, and Glenn, and build in the draft, we can go somewhere these next two years.

Completely agree with you on this.

Although I was more upset about losing Winfield than Clements. Clements was nowhere near worth the money when he went to San Francisco.