Stephon Gilmore: "I Know I’m an Elite Corner."

That actually happens for some lucky guys or those rich enough to buy her some. :lol:

Funny as i read Nanker's comments, thinking dude, your $5000 away from your goal. It seems like every 4th girl in my development has them after they get done breastfeeding two kids. i do live in FL though.

All kidding aside, if he remains healthy this year, and the cap space we'll have, I don't see us letting him get out of the door. He'll probably get the $14,000,000 like Sherman and Peterson.

We'll have Darby for another 3-4 years on his cheap rookie contract, so that is a long time with two elite CB's.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't remember the game specifically but his guy had 100 yards receiving

Do you have any type of credible source that backs this up?

It sounds completely made up

Peterson gets a lot of notice without running his mouth.

He does...funny that I actually find him to be a bit overrated in coverage

Peterson gets a lot of notice without running his mouth.

He also is a pro bowl kick returner that tied the record with 4 punt return tds, has played offense in sets, publicly mentored one of the more controversial guys out there and was a consensus top 5 pick (where Gilmore went high but was a late riser) and already signed his big deal. All things that held his name in the headlines

I remember because Gilmore said Robinson from Jax was avg after the game even though he had 100 yards receiving against him so it was pretty funny.

Robinson had 98 yards but if his td wasn't on Gilmore (bandit noted it wasn't, I don't recall) that would mean not all those yards were either. Edited by NoSaint

I remember because Gilmore said Robinson from Jax was avg after the game even though he had 100 yards receiving against him so it was pretty funny.

So in a game where the Jags had a total of 182 yards passing and no receiver had more than 98 yards, Gilmore's guy had over 100?

A few thoughts:

1) that's not possible if they're playing matchup coverage

2) they don't, in fact, match up; they play sides of the field, so trying to track "Gilmore's guy" is pointless

He also is a pro bowl kick returner that tied the record with 4 punt return tds, has played offense in sets, publicly mentored one of the more controversial guys out there and was a consensus top 5 pick (where Gilmore went high but was a late riser) and already signed his big deal. All things that held his name in the headlines

Robinson had 98 yards but if his td wasn't on Gilmore (bandit noted it wasn't, I don't recall) that would mean not all those yards were either.

He was quite highly touted before he signed his big deal, but fair enough.

Robinson had 98 yards but if his td wasn't on Gilmore (bandit noted it wasn't, I don't recall) that would mean not all those yards were either.

Actually I was thinking of the Hurns TD

The Robinson TD came when Gilmore couldn't get him to the ground before he broke the plane on 3rd and goal

I looked back and had Gilmore charted with 5 catches allowed that game

The difference between Patrick Peterson and Sherman are he gets moved each game to their best WR. Sherman usually until last year would only play his side of the game. He is a great returner, and even caught a touchdown pass and i apologize i can't remember the game they put him in on offense.

He is a heck of a player, and watched a ton of their games as one of my boys loves the Cardinals. Gilmore is an excellent CB, maybe not top 5-7, but he is very good. The way cap is going up, he's going to get a great pay day from us or someone else. I think the Bills know what they have in him, and don't want to keep using their 1st round picks on CB's.

Typically the highest paying teams are lower tier teams like us with Mario at the time. If we have a very good year, and we offer early before he is available a top 10 contract, with a nice guarantee, he'll take it.

So in a game where the Jags had a total of 182 yards passing and no receiver had more than 98 yards, Gilmore's guy had over 100?

A few thoughts:

1) that's not possible if they're playing matchup coverage

2) they don't, in fact, match up; they play sides of the field, so trying to track "Gilmore's guy" is pointless

Trying to track Gilmore's guy is pointless but earlier in this thread you gave him credit for shutting down Odell. Odell lines up all over the field so is it safe to assume to that was a group effort? Not trying to be a naysayer but in fairness it should be discussed.

Trying to track Gilmore's guy is pointless but earlier in this thread you gave him credit for shutting down Odell. Odell lines up all over the field so is it safe to assume to that was a group effort? Not trying to be a naysayer but in fairness it should be discussed.

I gave him credit for shutting down Beckham because he did.

That he doesn't line up against him every snap doesn't change how effective he was against him IMO.

From what I saw the Bills basically let either Gilmore or Darby cover Beckham

Gilmore: " Im an elite corner "...." Cuz I say so "

:death::doh::nana:

Sorry Curitiba

I know you don't like him, but truth is truth; he's in the top echelon in the league

I gave him credit for shutting down Beckham because he did.

That he doesn't line up against him every snap doesn't change how effective he was against him IMO.

From what I saw the Bills basically let either Gilmore or Darby cover Beckham

Sorry Curitiba

I know you don't like him, but truth is truth; he's in the top echelon in the league

Right. I'd have to rewatch the game but I remember Darby being particularly aggressive in that matchup.

Gilmore: " Im an elite corner "...." Cuz I say so "

:death::doh::nana:

I'm an elite poster. Because I say so.

/s

but a man has to believe in himself, especially at that position. It not like he just blurted the sentence out either, for all to hear.

Once again, context.

Right. I'd have to rewatch the game but I remember Darby being particularly aggressive in that matchup.

Bills shut down Beckham. It was awesome

there is No "his guy." He is on an island with whoever is on his side at at any given time.

This is nice feature for Rex to make use of I think. Letting Darby do the same is gravy