Stephon Gilmore: "I Know I’m an Elite Corner."

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the kind of crap I do not want to see

handle your contract negotiations with class like Cordy Glenn did Stephon

all Glenn did was sign a franchise tag.....if he was really classy he would have signed a long-term deal with low cap numbers, right?

all Glenn did was sign a franchise tag.....if he was really classy he would have signed a long-term deal with low cap numbers, right?

No, classy would be conducting yourself in a professional manner.

People (not necessarily you) need to understand that every dollar counts to these guys. Every extra million that they can squeeze out of a team extends the legacy of comfort that they can afford their family's future generations a bit further.

To me, that matters.

People (not necessarily you) need to understand that every dollar counts to these guys. Every extra million that they can squeeze out of a team extends the legacy of comfort that they can afford their family's future generations a bit further.

To me, that matters.

I disagree. It's all relative, yes.

For example, if I love a job and they say will you take it for $40 K, $80 K or $120 K yes that's a big difference. But, at any of those annual pays if they say will you take $30, $70 or $110 I would take $10 k less. Accept if you can't afford to live off $30 K which makes sense. These athletes dont need to squeeze every penny if they are happy, like the situation or want to play out the whole contract.

I don't buy the every penny counts. Maybe for some, but, not all.

There is a difference between a want and a need. And, each person and NFL players have different goals, wants and needs.

Edited by Manther

To me, that matters.

who isn't conducting themselves in a professional manner?

I disagree. It's all relative, yes.

For example, if I love a job and they say will you take it for $40 K, $80 K or $120 K yes that's a big difference. But, at any of those annual pays if they say will you take $30, $70 or $110 I would take $10 k less. Accept if you can't afford to live off $30 K which makes sense. These athletes dont need to squeeze every penny if they are happy, like the situation or want to play out the whole contract.

I don't buy the every penny counts. Maybe for some, but, not all.

There is a difference between a want and a need. And, each person and NFL players have different goals, wants and needs.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't take less to stay someplace that they're happy; I'm only saying that I don't blame them for trying to maximize their value for the reasons I stated previously.

who isn't conducting themselves in a professional manner?

I don't find that any Bills player isn't conducting themselves properly. I was trying to say that taking less money does not equate to being classy IMO; behaving like a professional equates to classy as far as I see it.

That wasn't intended to be a shot at you or anything; I was answering the question is all.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't take less to stay someplace that they're happy; I'm only saying that I don't blame them for trying to maximize their value for the reasons I stated previously.

I don't find that any Bills player isn't conducting themselves properly. I was trying to say that taking less money does not equate to being classy IMO; behaving like a professional equates to classy as far as I see it.

That wasn't intended to be a shot at you or anything; I was answering the question is all.

No problem...I was being sarcastic and it didn't come across that way....sorry

I remember when you could get an elite corner for 15k!

and an 8pack of Miller ponies for less than three bucks. get drunk throw up AND get hangover for 2.99.

Those were the days

EXACTLY. People need to chill.

Maybe he was watching the Erin Andrews video.

nice!!

To me, that matters.

as Cordy always has

Funny because he's not "ELITE."

I am not sure how much value rex places on him. Depends on the scheme i guess.

But his comment of self worth comes off as kinda arrogant doesn't it ?

Can't sign everyone. If he wants to be highest paid corner in the league let him go. He's very good but not irreplaceable.

this is where the argument has to be made.

Bills drafted him. Bills developed him. Even though he said was not really mentored, he was of course. And Bills dealt with his injuries and showed patience.

So build through the draft. What does that exactly mean?

replace players every 4 years when the become very very good at their game?

i might guess it does to some degree. I mean i was really sweating and still am a bit the Glenn deal. Perfect example of my statements

Edited by 3rdand12

Just a thought....with all this talk of DT's, DEs, QBs, OT's

Do you think that the bills might take (gasp) a CORNER with the 19th pick?

I step back and think about it

- Darby was a really nice find.....I think he definately played better then Gilmore in 1st year comparisons between the two

- Gilmore's gonna be expensive

- McKelvin was released

Hmmmmmm

Just a thought....with all this talk of DT's, DEs, QBs, OT's

Do you think that the bills might take (gasp) a CORNER with the 19th pick?

I step back and think about it

- Darby was a really nice find.....I think he definately played better then Gilmore in 1st year comparisons between the two

- Gilmore's gonna be expensive

- McKelvin was released

Hmmmmmm

I would probably cry.