Stephon Gilmore: "I Know I’m an Elite Corner."

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to keep moving on from our better players so let's hope his agent is reasonable with a contract that works for both sides. CB's of his skills don't grow on trees, and losing guys like Clements and Winfield jsut stunk, as we stay in the average mode, vs. our draft keeps improving the roster. If the draft just keeps replacing very good players, we'll never get to the championship.

We have a year to watch this one play out. You would imagine Darby and Gillmore will play even better together next year.

Clements and Winfield? You don't think we've changed just a bit under Nix and Whaley? We haven't stayed in "average mode" - we are now loaded with talent and it is going to be difficult to keep them all. Hardly the same situation as way way way back then.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Janoris Jenkins "elite"? Asking for a friend...

@jasoncoleBR

#Giants deal with Janoris Jenkins (as reported by @AdamSchefter) will likely be in excess of $12M per year. Perhaps well in excess.

Not even close! PFF had him ranked 4th behind Sean Smith, Casey Hayward and Pacman amongst FA corners. I'd say more like above average.

gut feeling on whether they get it done?

I think they'll have a seriously hacked off head coach if it doesn't get done, so I'll go with yes.

In actuality, the deal will probably be close to whatever Jenkins gets, as neither has made a pro bowl or been named all-pro...the only thing Gilmore has on Jenkins--statistically--is draft position, though I think most NFL talent evaluators would tell you with confidence that Gilmore is the better player.

I think they'll have a seriously hacked off head coach if it doesn't get done, so I'll go with yes.

In actuality, the deal will probably be close to whatever Jenkins gets, as neither has made a pro bowl or been named all-pro...the only thing Gilmore has on Jenkins--statistically--is draft position, though I think most NFL talent evaluators would tell you with confidence that Gilmore is the better player.

Sal said yesterday he didn't foresee them being able to sign Taylor, Glenn and Gilmore next year because of the positional value and wouldn't be surprised if they sign Gilmore now, wait on Glenn, draft a OT high who can start out at RT with potential to move to LT, then let Glenn walk IF they want to sign TT to a starting QB deal. Edited by YoloinOhio

Sal said yesterday he didn't foresee them being able to sign Taylor, Glenn and Gilmore next year because of the positional value and wouldn't be surprised if they sign Gilmore now, wait on Glenn, draft a OT high who can start out at RT with potential to move to LT, then let Glenn walk IF they want to sign TT to a starting QB deal.

This makes a lot of sense