PFF Ranking of 2015 NFL Starting QBs

Here you go.....FWIW.

@PFF

Senior Analyst @PFF_Steve ranks 36 NFL starting QBs from top to bottom based on their 2015-2016 performance: https://goo.gl/qFycqS

#1 Carson Palmer

10. Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills, 81.7

A surprising inclusion into the top 10, Taylor made some of the best throws of the year. It was seemingly a weekly event watching him drop a perfect throw in the bucket down the field, but he still has great strides to make in the short (39th-best passing grade) and intermediate game (24th-best passing grade) to take the next step in his development.

DFL at #36 Matt Cassel

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod had a solid first year but this is why stats never tell the whole story in football. Taylor is not a top 10 qb.

When you include upside/age/ability I honestly don't think I could name 10 qbs in this league that I would rather have than TT in this league. I honestly can't wait to see how he plays next year. I really think the sky is the limit for him.

Tyrod had a solid first year but this is why stats never tell the whole story in football. Taylor is not a top 10 qb.

Rankings don't do much for me, I don't care if he is "top 10" or not, but he is good enough to get to the playoffs with complementary defense. Playoff QBs:

Brian Hoyer-19TDs/7INTs

Alex Smith- 20TDs/7INTs

Teddy Bridgwater-14TDs/9INTs

Tyrod Taylor: 20TDs/6INTs

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think the bigger issues are sustaining drives. That's on Tyrod as a short/intermediate passer and on situationally aware play calling.

It's really nice to have the deep ball but, for the most part, the NFL is still a short/intermediate game. It might be boring but clock control is the object of the Roman attack.

I'd rather have Tyrod than not. Good first year, must get better. Have to remember that development isn't a given in the NFL but he seems to have the drive to get better. I wouldn't bet against him.

I think the bigger issues are sustaining drives. That's on Tyrod as a short/intermediate passer and on situationally aware play calling.

It's really nice to have the deep ball but, for the most part, the NFL is still a short/intermediate game. It might be boring but clock control is the object of the Roman attack.

I'd rather have Tyrod than not. Good first year, must get better. Have to remember that development isn't a given in the NFL but he seems to have the drive to get better. I wouldn't bet against him.

As the season went on I thought he improved at just about everything....and in some areas he was flat out fantastic

a couple of notes though

- I do not want to see him running so much next year....I would much rather have him roll out....theaten run....then throw. That is schemed and that means WR's have to break their route patterns and make themselves available...I want him to use the THREAT of run to open up bigger passing games.

- TT's stats are great and people that downplay them are pathetic.....however there is one point to be made.....the higher the pass count the farther the production went down......WHY.....I would like to know the answer to that question. it might be something as simple as you are dealing with a 1st year starting QB and his OC was limiting him and bringing him along slowly.

- Slide TT......please get down and stop taking hits....please

-

That's what was so encouraging in the last game against the 4th ranked defense all his completions went less than 20 yards in the air. Even on a day when the weather was going to make long passes much harder to complete and everyone knew short/intermediate passes were coming.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

Rankings don't do much for me, I don't care if he is "top 10" or not, but he is good enough to get to the playoffs with complementary defense. Playoff QBs:

Brian Hoyer-19TDs/7INTs

Alex Smith- 20TDs/7INTs

Teddy Bridgwater-14TDs/9INTs

Tyrod Taylor: 20TDs/6INTs

If you add his ability to make plays with his feet he further separates himself from those guys.

Edited by Kirby Jackson