First and Easiest Step to Get to Playoffs

jumbalaya

Fix the training staff. Far too many games lost to preventable injuries, especially early season hamstrings. Nothing you can do about Henderson's illness but for Sammy and Shady to not be practicing in the preseason and not full go early in the season is inexcusable. Somebody has to fix Gilmore so he can play a full season. Maybe a shrink would have helped keep Harvin on the field.

Fix the training staff. Far too many games lost to preventable injuries, especially early season hamstrings. Nothing you can do about Henderson's illness but for Sammy and Shady to not be practicing in the preseason and not full go early in the season is inexcusable. Somebody has to fix Gilmore so he can play a full season. Maybe a shrink would have helped keep Harvin on the field.

A shrink would of fixed a chronic hip injury?

I agree that our training staff "seems" to be failing miserably. We need to take a hard look at all the other teams injuries as well- it appeared as if many injuries occurred across the board.

We would of made the playoffs with better coaching, ST play, less penalties etc..we all know the reasons why. Injuries were one part of the equation.

As of now I would of started with canning Crossman! Rex is too loyal and it will cause the ship to sink and hes going down with it. But thats ok, he will collect 15 mil more and go into broadcasting.

The NFL is a high velocity sport with many violent collisions. You're expecting guys to not sustain injuries? It's an inherent part of the game.

Your final point on Harvin elicits a huh?

The NFL is a high velocity sport with many violent collisions. You're expecting guys to not sustain injuries? It's an inherent part of the game.

Your final point on Harvin elicits a huh?

I agree on the first point. A lot of teams had a lot of bad injuries and some of them made the playoffs. In fact, almost all of the teams in the playoffs had major injury issues. There seems to be an increase among all teams due to the shortened training camp and practice rules.

As for Harvin, his give-a-crap has never worked very well and he's been such a malcontent his whole career I question the severity of an injury that he could have played through. The fact that the Bills seemed to have issue with the situation definitely points toward him not playing through his injury. When looking at what some of the other players on the team played through I see it as a slap in the face to them.

Edited by BarleyNY

The easiest and fastest way to get to the playoffs is continuity. Tyrod, the offense, and the defense having a full season of learning and developing under two extremely complex schemes is (Billy Fuccillo) HUGE for next season. The three-headed monster of TyGod, Shady, and Sammy will be fun to watch next year as long as they're all healthy.

IMO the top priorities would be to retain Glenn and Incognito and acquire a high quality X WR opposite Watkins. I extend Gillmore, then I replace Williams as best as I can (assuming he's gone in this scenario) and acquire a shifty slot WR. A developmental rookie QB and a vet QB are added. After that I'm looking upgrade wherever else I can.

If you say so

Head to head the Bills beat the Jets twice. The Bills finished with a better divisional record. Like the Bills, the Jets are not in the playoffs.

The best way to determine which team is better is not overall record, it's head to head and divisional records (at least for divisional opponents).

Like I said, it's meaningless.

I agree. And along with that, I would also suggest bringing in Advocare nutritional supplements. The NFL players that are Advocare guys don't seem to get hurt very often. It's world class nutrition that makes a difference. Guys like Jason Witten, Drew Brees. Even former Bill, Scott Chandler. Most athletes take some kind of supplements. These are just really good.

Head to head the Bills beat the Jets twice. The Bills finished with a better divisional record. Like the Bills, the Jets are not in the playoffs.

The best way to determine which team is better is not overall record, it's head to head and divisional records (at least for divisional opponents).

Like I said, it's meaningless.

If you say so. If I look at the standings, Jets are ahead of us.

Edited by reddogblitz

If you say so. If I look at the standings, Jets are ahead of us.

And what does that get them? Two losses against the bills, a worse divisional record, a worse draft pick (for a team with more holes to fill) and they still aren't in the playoffs.

It's not me saying this, it's reality. If you want to say the jets are better than the bills I say there's no evidence on the field to support that conclusion. The only thing that supports it is their 10 wins -- which are pretty meaningless when they're outside looking in on the playoffs.

I'm not worried about catching the jets. The bills are better than the jets and Dolphins. I worry about catching the cheats.

The easiest and fastest way to get to the playoffs is by Turnovers. Back in the day, when he had a pass rush, we stole many INT's and recovered fumbles. Give us 1 T/O more per game this year and consider what the record would be.

This in a nutshell. Statistically speaking, turnovers are the #1 most important factor to wins and losses. I've thrown this out there before, but will give it again for the masses. Historically, if a team is +1 in turnovers, they win about 90% of the time. Got to +2 and it's near 95%. +3 or more and it's almost 99%. So a quick look at the Bills wins this season. They were +3, +3, E, +1, +4, +1, E, +2. That's a total of +13 in the turnover battle for their wins. Their losses are a completely different story. They were -1, -1, -1, -3, E, -2, -1, +1. That's -8 in the turnover battle for their losses. This is obviously just looking at one team and one season. However, if you go back and look at the NFL for the last 50 years, my percentages play out.

And what does that get them? Two losses against the bills, a worse divisional record, a worse draft pick (for a team with more holes to fill) and they still aren't in the playoffs.

It's not me saying this, it's reality. If you want to say the jets are better than the bills I say there's no evidence on the field to support that conclusion. The only thing that supports it is their 10 wins -- which are pretty meaningless when they're outside looking in on the playoffs.

I'm not worried about catching the jets. The bills are better than the jets and Dolphins. I worry about catching the cheats.

Jacksonville is a better team than us?

Easiest way to make the playoffs is to stop giving away games to the competition and when it's tight at the end, don't blow it.

Giants

Jacksonville

Patsies** game 2

Washington

Eagles

Cheaps

Win half of those and we got a game Saturday.

Win the first two and we got a game Saturday. Everyone acts like it all fell apart this year but it's not the case -- they were very close.

I'm sure most teams feel this way, but it seems we get far more than our fair share of injuries every year. I guess that's just what disappointment and frustration feel like.

According to this guy we're in the middle of the pack (13th) over the past several years. 10th in 2015 and 29th in 2014 (which was the biggest difference this year vs last)

http://www.mangameslost.com/the-most-injured-nfl-teams-since-the-2009-season/#

Edit: I just saw the second table at the very bottom which has the Bills 8th in impact over the past 7 seasons, but that average is boosted a lot by being #1 back in 2009.

Edited by KD in CT

Jacksonville is a better team than us?

2 head to head games versus one, 6 games against the same opponents. The Bills beat the Jets in both those measures and neither team made the playoffs.

Again if you want to go simply by overall record you can, it's just meaningless if you completely overlook what transpired when the teams actually played each other and the same opponents.

If jax were in the AFC east and beat the bills 2 games to none and finished with a better divisional record I'd say they were. One game, in London doesn't determine who is better overall, just who was bettor that day.

Also, the last time the jets beat the bills head to head it was 2013. They've won the last 6 out of 7 meetings including two consecutive years of sweeping them.

Yeah, but overall record is much more important ;)

I agree, it's not a big deal. However I just think a team with a better record is the better team. You are what your record says you are. No need to over process on the deal IMHO. You see it differently however. Cool. Like my father used to say, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla. :)

Edited by reddogblitz

Is the training staff different than it was in 2013 and 2014 when the Bills had fewer injuries?

I don't believe so. Although this was the first year I remembered seeing the little person trainer but maybe I just wasn't paying attention before.

2 head to head games versus one, 6 games against the same opponents. The Bills beat the Jets in both those measures and neither team made the playoffs.

Again if you want to go simply by overall record you can, it's just meaningless if you completely overlook what transpired when the teams actually played each other and the same opponents.

If jax were in the AFC east and beat the bills 2 games to none and finished with a better divisional record I'd say they were. One game, in London doesn't determine who is better overall, just who was bettor that day.

Also, the last time the jets beat the bills head to head it was 2013. They've won the last 6 out of 7 meetings including two consecutive years of sweeping them.

Wait what? They didn't beat us in common opponents? Didn't they beat the Giants and Jags? And Redskins? In fact, their only loss to common opponent was Houston.

Edited by FireChan