Bills on Hard Knocks?

@RyanTalbotBills

Are the Bills no longer the favorite to appear on Hard Knocks? http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1646536-bills-no-longer-hard-knocks-favorite

CcQN0p5W4AAwS0L.jpg

According to a report from Pro Football Talk, it appears that Buffalo may not be HBO's first choice. Mike Florio reported on Saturday that the New Orleans Saints are bracing themselves to be involuntarily chosen to appear on Hard Knocks.

Yea pick the Saints. Rex doesn't want to be on it again.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RyanTalbotBills

Are the Bills no longer the favorite to appear on Hard Knocks? http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1646536-bills-no-longer-hard-knocks-favorite

CcQN0p5W4AAwS0L.jpg

According to a report from Pro Football Talk, it appears that Buffalo may not be HBO's first choice. Mike Florio reported on Saturday that the New Orleans Saints are bracing themselves to be involuntarily chosen to appear on Hard Knocks.

I thought Alphadawg said no one yet has been involuntarily chosen?

If HBO had any influence with the NFL, they would push the Rams to accept. Kronke is a business man and free advertising is free advertising. I don't care as far as the Bills getting the nod, it has not seemed to affect performance that year. Then again, we're talking about a publicity hound in Rex.

If Rex was such a publicity hound he would be seeking to be on the show and last year he said he had no interest in it but anyone is free to interpret facts anyway they wish to see them.

It seems odd to me that the Saints would be the choice. I guess the production staff just wants a trip to New Orleans.

New Orleans is a crappy place, IMO. My strongest memory of New Orleans is the smell of urine. It was everywhere. Grossest city Ive ever visited. And i have been to Jaurez. They've had a thorough douche since then so, what do I know?.

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

If HBO had any influence with the NFL, they would push the Rams to accept. Kronke is a business man and free advertising is free advertising. I don't care as far as the Bills getting the nod, it has not seemed to affect performance that year. Then again, we're talking about a publicity hound in Rex.

I bet they're waiting for the new stadium.

New Orleans is a crappy place, IMO. My strongest memory of New Orleans is the smell of urine. It was everywhere. Grossest city Ive ever visited. And i have been to Jaurez. They've had a thorough douche since then so, what do I know?.

Someone from Buffalo throwing stones about a city? I'm from Buffalo and love the city, NO is also an amazing city.

And your last statement shows low class at best.

This is like the one thing you and I agree on. My brother doesn't post on here but checks out the site semi-often and always gets a big kick out of the people who insist that they don't want the Bills on Hard Knocks because it would be a distraction. It's a pretty laughable opinion to have. For one, it's not a distraction.

And you would know this how?

Lets just gloss over the reality that Rex Ryan has been on it once before, and has no interest in doing it again.

Lets focus on two NFL rules regarding this show.

1. If no team volunteers for the show, the NFL will choose one. Kind of an odd rule, don't you think? If teams have nothing to lose, why are they not lining up to appear on it?

2. Teams with first year head coaches are not allowed to appear. Why not? Why do they get a pass?

And for two, if you are a Bills fan and are at all familiar with Hard Knocks then you should be salivating at the idea of getting that type of access/inside look at the team. It would be amazing.

Yet, somehow, people do not grasp in order to get that access, the coaching staff and/or organization might find the process distracting.

I think Bills were favorites and they said no. 2 Ryan Bros would be comedy gold. Saints are an obvious choice if they are forced to make a team do it. The team is going down the crapper and this is one way of keeping fans interested

So is a daily newspaper making up stories which make the Bills look bad but neither is healthy for the Bills.

• 4 weeks later...