Bills extend Schmidt, Gillislee, Salas,Butler;sign WR Boykin

YoloinOhio

We have signed Boykin? I liked him in Green Bay as a complimentary piece..... think that is a good pick up. I know he disappointed in Carolina this year and didn't make the final roster but still... he has shown he can play and the chemistry with Tyrod can only help.

Marcus Easley type guy... Cool

Except that he can catch the ball better than Marcus.

Boykin had 38 catches (446 yds) for the Packers in 2014 when Cobb was hurt.

BTW, Boykin is listed at 6'2", 215 lbs.

This seems like a great pickup, especially with the Hokie connection.

Except that he can catch the ball better than Marcus.

Boykin had 38 catches (446 yds) for the Packers in 2014 when Cobb was hurt.

BTW, Boykin is listed at 6'2", 215 lbs.

This seems like a great pickup, especially with the Hokie connection.

what is Boykin's story as to why he's available? Seems like GB could have really used him this year.

what is Boykin's story as to why he's available? Seems like GB could have really used him this year.

that is what I am wondering

It is sounding like he was relegated to mostly special teams with Green Bay, and then injured. He got cut by Carolina- who is pretty deep at WR. I am not sure why Green Bay didn't bring him back

Edited by Pete

@RyanTalbotBills

Coincidence or not? Buffalo's recent WR signings: Jarrett Boykin: 6'2", 217 lbs Greg Salas: 6'2", 210 lbs Leonard Hankerson: 6'2", 211 lbs

Roman wants guys who can block. This team is still going to be run heavy, with the ever present threat of Sammy. Hope this guy makes the team. I'm sure Tyrod and he have a rapport that can be nothing but good for the offense and locker room.

Michael Thomas 6'3 210 just declared. I am just saying

As someone who want Mike Evans, I'm starting to think size is a bit overrated in the NFL. I hate fade routes. Such a lazy playcall. With the new rules, you just want guys who can get open, Antonio Brown is probably the best red zone wr and he's not even 6'.

Roman wants guys who can block. This team is still going to be run heavy, with the ever present threat of Sammy. Hope this guy makes the team. I'm sure Tyrod and he have a rapport that can be nothing but good for the offense and locker room.

How? Didn't they play together a long time ago?

So he'll have that in common with Sammy! They'd hit it off. :)

(For big stretches, anyway...)

yeah, not often you get a Rookie WR with a 1st rd grade who isn't used to being "the guy" and want a ton of targets. Just not the offense he was win. But if it was thrown to him, he caught it. And usually embarrassed the cb before and after on his route.

Had he been a FA I don't think he would be brought back, he will be the guy next year, but Rex will bring competition and he should.

I have the feeling Rex was not a fan from the beginning. (personally I am/was a fan of him) I do think Rex will bring someone else in in FA or even draft someone. I know kickers aren't drafted much but I want to think NE drafted one early recently. Chances that with Buffalo are slim considering our needs but still...

I wonder if his confidence was affecting him and if he can fix it in time.

I have the feeling Rex was not a fan from the beginning. (personally I am/was a fan of him) I do think Rex will bring someone else in in FA or even draft someone. I know kickers aren't drafted much but I want to think NE drafted one early recently. Chances that with Buffalo are slim considering our needs but still...

I wonder if his confidence was affecting him and if he can fix it in time.

We drafted a very good kicker but timing and injuries weren't on our side. Dustin Hopkins missed only one XP (40/39) and he was 25 out of 28 on field goals with the Redskins.

Edited by Fixxxer

What is Chris Hogan doing right now?

I suggested that for Tyler in another thread :w00t:

I don't think he is. While he missed 6 PATS, his FG percentage was similar to years past and middle of the pack in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he were back in camp with some competition.

Some of the the issue is the holder on PAs. The hold on a number of extra points was bad.

Colton ?

yes Colron has been the one who has been holding the kicks most of the time (maybe all, not see stats) on point afters and on several laces were wrong several times this year.

Carpenter is one of the best FG kickers in league but his short kicking game is not as good as the long game; not sure why, maybe it is his kicking style but there were several bad holds on PAs this year/

Carpenter has record for longest FG in season (sometimes tied) twice so he is an important weapon even if Bills need to take a delay of game penality to move ball back a bit to give him a better shot.

2014 58

Dan Carpenter Buffalo Bills at Detroit Lions (Oct. 5)

2010 60

Dan Carpenter, Miami Dolphins vs. Cleveland Browns (Dec. 5)

Edited by Koolaid

yes Colron has been the one who has been holding the kicks most of the time (maybe all, not see stats) on point afters and on several laces were wrong several times this year.

Carpenter is one of the best FG kickers in league but his short kicking game is not as good as the long game; not sure why, maybe it is his kicking style but there were several bad holds on PAs this year/

Carpenter has record for longest FG in season (sometimes tied) twice so he is an important weapon even if Bills need to take a delay of game penality to move ball back a bit to give him a better shot.

2014 58

Dan Carpenter Buffalo Bills at Detroit Lions (Oct. 5)

2010 60

Dan Carpenter, Miami Dolphins vs. Cleveland Browns (Dec. 5)

Pre game on wgr last sunday, they were talking about cuts. And someone mentioned a surprise cut might be Sanborn. I wonder if that is affecting the getting the ball down and placed?

if one year ago today, you asked me who the bills RBs were, I wouldn't have guessed any of them.

If you told me that they were the number one rushing attack in the NFL, I wouldn't believe you.

If you told me that, I would have guessed at least ONE of them would have been Freddy.

McCoy, Karlos and Gillislee might be the best RB crew in the game

I'm very pleased with all of these extensions.

Gillislee has shown us how good he is.

I would like to also like to see Cierre Wood get another chance. Let him and Gillislee battle it out in training camp.