BOLD predictions for 2016 Bills Offseason

YoloinOhio

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Whaley will trade away draft selections.

2) They will use the first round pick on a defensive back.

I think you are on to something :thumbsup:

I haven't done that much draft study yet.....but based roughly on your take:

1) Whaley trades the Bills 2016 first and 2017 first round pick to move up 8-10 spots and select elite WR prospect Laquon Treadwell.

2) The Bills will select a a corner in round 2.......perhaps Wiiiliam Jackson of Houston........and then appease you somewhat by selecting TE OJ Howard of Alabama in round 3. :)

I've already brought up Josh Gordon in a couple threads......love to see a chance like that taken on the cheap......and the Browns are dysfunctional enough that they might trade him for a later pick or for Skates Woods. Both are FA after 2016 so little real trade value.

I don't think the Bills have the immediate cap space needed to delve into a Calvin Johnson or Vincent Jackson deal......but they gotta do something at WR........it was a little nuts seeing the Jets almost schematically locked into 1 on 1's all day and the other receivers not being able to create much space.

IMO the top job of any organization is to get more production from the QB position. The Bills OL isn't very effective at pass blocking but big WR who can be trusted to haul down hurried throws present as much opportunity as any for Tyrod to be made to LOOK like an elite QB.

Because the elite players in Rex D gotta be the corners, another high quality corner is actually probably still the biggest need on D. Sad but true. :doh: If the guy pans out maybe they can pass on extending Gilmore......that would be same ol' Bills but this time maybe it helps them keep a QB.

OJ Howard has always looked like a player to me. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up going round 1 to be honest.....but haven't seen much draftnik love on him so we can at least wish for now that a legit receiving TE prospect with some real experience as a blocker would be available in round 3.

Edited by #BADOL

Because the elite players in Rex D gotta be the corners, another high quality corner is actually probably still the biggest need on D. Sad but true. :doh: If the guy pans out maybe they can pass on extending Gilmore......that would be same ol' Bills but this time maybe it helps them keep a QB.

OJ Howard has always looked like a player to me. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up going round 1 to be honest.....but haven't seen much draftnik love on him so we can at least wish for now that a legit receiving TE prospect with some real experience as a blocker would be available in round 3.

Losing Gilmore to draft a corner would remind me of the Thomas Smith, Winfield and Clements days. That said, Gilmore does not now and will never deserve Revis money. Generally speaking, that is WAY too much for a corner.

OJ Howard is risky imo. He CAN block and he runs nice patterns too. But, I have seen him drop a few passes. This is 100% speculation on my part. Yes, 100%, but I have seen him where he appears to be not concentrating.

The thing is Badol, he was never on a team that really needed to use him that much. His teammates included Cooper, Lacey, Yeldon, Ridley, Henry, and many other top players. For this reason, I think that he might take some time to develop. Now, would I like to see him on the Bills? Yes. He has a high ceiling.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I thought that too. That was an intelligent bold prediction. He would be an upgrade on IK..... but then so would a dead pig.

IK was awful........Whaley compared his potential to James Harrison.......not piling on Whaley........maybe he was comparing him to the James Harrison that got cut 4 times early in his career. :thumbsup: