• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Gillislee

And selling high on Karlos

Not saying I want this. Just making a prediction

CBF

I've suggested the same thing on here a few times. The stats are better than the player. Karlos is not an every down back but a great change of pace. If someone thinks that he is an every down back you may get a starter back for him at a position of need.

Mike Gillislee

And selling high on Karlos

Not saying I want this. Just making a prediction

CBF

I realize that is just fan prediction but lots of arguements against

- A incredible amount of production from a late round pick who is on a extremely light contract

- On a run heavy offense

- I like Mike G. too.....a great find.....but there was a time this year where we were trying to plug and play all kinds of running backs due to injuries all over the place. The bills actually have one of the nicer RB situations in the league (except for Shady's contract....which makes keeping Karlos all the more valuable)

But....anyway.....I also hope you are wrong. If they traded Karlos it would be because they are extremely worried about his concussions.

I've suggested the same thing on here a few times. The stats are better than the player. Karlos is not an every down back but a great change of pace. If someone thinks that he is an every down back you may get a starter back for him at a position of need.

All Karlos does is run over people, run away from people, and score touchdowns

All Karlos does is run over people, run away from people, and score touchdowns

...and when he was asked to be "the guy" he struggled. He is a lot like Derek Henry IMO. He doesn't have the natural quickness to get in the hole. He is a guy that bounces it and takes it to the house. He is Demarco Murray -esque. If someone looks at the stats they will see a dynamic young back and they may think that he is an every down guy. He isn't IMO and never will be. He is a player that I like a lot for the role he plays but he is a GREAT sell high candidate to me.

...and when he was asked to be "the guy" he struggled. He is a lot like Derek Henry IMO. He doesn't have the natural quickness to get in the hole. He is a guy that bounces it and takes it to the house. He is Demarco Murray -esque. If someone looks at the stats they will see a dynamic young back and they may think that he is an every down guy. He isn't IMO and never will be. He is a player that I like a lot for the role he plays but he is a GREAT sell high candidate to me.

Cant say never will be. He is just learning the position. This was his 3rd yr as running back

Cant say never will be. He is just learning the position. This was his 3rd yr as running back

I guess that I am saying that isn't something that you learn. You don't learn to have quicker feet. Vision and feel are things that can be learned I guess but that isn't his issue IMO. Again, just to be clear I like the guy but think that you could sell high.

I like his ability, but the concussions scare me. It's a different style, but I don't hate that as I think there can be a place for it as a change of pace. I doubt they can sell too high due to the obvious concussion concerns combined with his style. Bad combo....big gamble. If we can get a hefty price, then fine. But I doubt it.

The premise of this trade is assuming someone in the NFL would look at his stats, and therefore give the Bills something in return of value needed/wanted.

I would say to this. He is cheap, productive, and unlikely to bring back what would be needed to make a trade. And, I'm not so sure people in the league would look at his stats and assume every down back.

I guess that I am saying that isn't something that you learn. You don't learn to have quicker feet. Vision and feel are things that can be learned I guess but that isn't his issue IMO. Again, just to be clear I like the guy but think that you could sell high.

Oh i meant no disrespect. But i think... if my basketball background comes into play. There are ways to mask your deficiencies and to magnigfy your strengths. Who would think James Starks would contribute more than Eddie Lacy lol. I dont know. I feel like he could be a starter. Not dynamic but i think at some point he will be solid.

While it's true he's probably not an every down back, but McCoy, Williams, Gillislee, and heck even throw in Tyrod(second on the team in rushing) are the reason we led the league in rushing. Not only that but the Bills tied for first with 4.8 yds/att. Their combined cap hit for next year is 11,062,171. Lynch's cap hit next year will be 11,500,000. Adrian Peterson's cap hit will be 11,000,000. I know both of those guys when healthy are really good, but I'll take the sum of four with 2,247 yds and 17 tds for a tad over 11 million. The Tyrod thing was just to show how good of shape we're in with the players doing the majority of the running. McCoy's, Williams', and Gillislee's cap hit next year will be 8,928,838. Top 4 rbs cap hit next year will be anywhere from 8,925,000(Adrian Foster) - 11,500,000(Marshawn Lynch), though a couple may not be on their perspective teams next year(Foster and Lynch). With the cap problem we may have in trying to get guys re-signed, and not wanting to use a higher draft pick to replace Karlos's production I think holding on to this group at least one more year is a must.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

I like that Eric Weddle idea, I was thinking along those lines myself a few weeks back.

Here's some additions that I would like to see that I think could be possible. TE Vernon Davis has done nothing in Denver so far and is nearing the end of his career. The Greg Roman connection could pay off or could just as easily work against us, not sure what that relationship is like. I think keeping an eye on the Alshon Jeffrey situation could be interesting as well. Jeffrey is a UFA, had a terrible year stat and healthwise and if the Bears can't lock him up long term then tagging him might be a choice that could be difficult for them, that would mean 10M+ for 1 year on a player that has some questions about staying healthy.

QB, in some capacity, should be a priority imo, either a valid back up or one to groom for the future. I commend TT but staying healthy should always be a concern for the Bills. Sadly I'm ready to resign to the notion that EJ just isn't the guy that I hoped that he would be for the Bills. That Jacksonville game permanently scarred me. Could Michael Vick be a valid back up for us? I don't know, I'll leave that up to the higher ups to figure out.

OL, RT in particular, needs to be addressed if we want to stay at the top of the league in rushing. I'd like to hear more on the possibilities of fulfilling this position. It appears that John Miller is set at RG but it would be a bit more comforting to see him stay a little more healthy this upcoming year. Let's not forget Cyril Richardson, I think that the coach(s) like him and has some plans on him being in a rotation, or at the worse case scenario the first back up behind both G positions. It seems that he has the right demeanor that they are looking for, tough, physical and downright nasty.

I'm expecting this draft being heavily geared towards our defense, DL, LBs and the Secondary all needing a major infusion of new blood of players that fit more of Ryan's scheme. Good bye Mario, McKelvin and I'm starting to wonder what the coaches consensus is on Bradham. Seeing that Ryan is firmly entrenched for at this year these are some of the changes that I fully expect to see but it's disappointing hearing this year Preston Brown questioning the defensive philosophy, especially that he was counted on heavily and was given a tremendous amount of responsibility.

I'd like and hope that Hogan makes the roster this year but he's firmly on the bubble as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't hold my breath over Harvin either, I believe that he'll be holding the door Mario when they both leave and that Olympian boy Goodwin, kiss him good bye and rightfully so, that's a luxury that this roster can't afford nor a commodity that we can wait for to pan out anymore. This brings me to Woods. Can he be our slot guy? I don't know but there's nothing from this coaching staff this year that leads me to belive that they value him highly.

I believe Whaley when he says that the Bills won't be big players in FA and that they are more concerned with signing their own and that is the right thing to do. Great teams are built through the draft. We are long overdue in keeping our own players that we drafted, we finally got some good players of our own. Now it's time to add to this mix with another successful draft like we had last year.

Nothing bold, nothing sexy about any of this, just downright solid philosophy that we need to adhere to so that we can finally get this franchise to the next level.

Going from the 4-3 with Schwartz and Donnie Henderson

to the 3-4 with Rob and Thurman is a crazy gamble that will take too much time imo

plays coming in late with substitutions is not good against a hurry up offense

Need a RT if Jordan Mills is not considered solid by Kromer.